India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22 oct 2018
Y
I have stopped calling them since past a month... As the information they provide is already with us through GCMS notes.
The agent's reminder to the case officer or the BF date is just an excuse to keep our mouths shut for atleast a month.
They will process our files only when they literally want to or willing to.
Yeah!!!! So true, idk what’s taking them so long. :’(

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
This person Ralph is literally helpful.
Atleast he responds to your query with in the same day.
As of now, he only provides with your latest information... But that is much more better than speaking to an agent & pleasing him/her for some update in your profile.
Yeah, Ralph's office is a godsend. They reply super quickly.
I also sent an email to Ahmed Hussen's office about on 23 June, and got the following reply last week.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for your correspondence of June 23, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. However, there is nothing more that can be added to what was communicated you by the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa on May 22, 2019.

IRCC understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality, and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on October 6, 2018, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. As indicated to you previously, this application is awaiting review by an Officer.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as a final decision has been made.
Please note that the processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.
Sincerely,

P. MacLeod
Ministerial Enquiries Division

While nothing came out of it, it seems that Mr Hussen's office is aware of the problems plaguing IRCC and forwarded my mail so that it could be addressed.

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
Y

You go to get Gcms.com fill your file information,pay the fees and order the notes
What i
I just received my Gcms notes and it says application in progress review required
But I don’t know which pages to read to get the reason or what need to be done
Any advice?[/
What I meant is, since u just rcvd them.... can u help me how to order notes...... Der was just some error in typing
Thanks for the information :)

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I just received my Gcms notes and it says application in progress review required
But I don’t know which pages to read to get the reason or what need to be done
Any advice?

What I meant is, since u just rcvd them.... can u help me how to order notes...... Der was just some error in typing
Thanks for the information :)

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah, Ralph's office is a godsend. They reply super quickly.
I also sent an email to Ahmed Hussen's office about on 23 June, and got the following reply last week.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for your correspondence of June 23, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. However, there is nothing more that can be added to what was communicated you by the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa on May 22, 2019.

IRCC understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality, and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on October 6, 2018, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. As indicated to you previously, this application is awaiting review by an Officer.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as a final decision has been made.
Please note that the processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.
Sincerely,

P. MacLeod
Ministerial Enquiries Division

While nothing came out of it, it seems that Mr Hussen's office is aware of the problems plaguing IRCC and forwarded my mail so that it could be addressed.
isn't this a standard response?

Prabha22

Aug 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22 oct 2018
I think they have forgotten that there are some people left in October:(

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
isn't this a standard response?
Yeah looks like it, though the response is peppered with things like my date of last communication with IRCC (May 22nd), my AOR, current application status etc.

It seems that the response is generic, but not automated.

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
Has anyone had their medicals extended by a year?

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah looks like it, though the response is peppered with things like my date of last communication with IRCC (May 22nd), my AOR, current application status etc.

It seems that the response is generic, but not automated.
i feel it is automated, yes we can generate such automated replies too from the data available.
i feel everything is turning useless now. Be it calls, CSEs, e-mails to Ottawa or these people like Ralph or even ordering GCMS notes.
just nothing good is coming out of all this for us.

It is only raising our frustration.

Last edited:

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
i feel it is automated, yes we can generate such automated replies too from the data available.
i feel everything is turning useless now. Be it calls, CSEs, e-mails to Ottawa or these people like Ralph or even ordering GCMS notes.
just nothing good is coming out of all this for us.

It is only raising our frustration.
I understand and share your frustration. I've observed that IRCC is giving a higher preference to applicants being accompanied by their spouses and children, and the single ones have been left to wait.
This isn't an official rule but it's something I've observed recently.
I believe that it'll be our turn once those applications have been processed.

Reactions: Application18

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
I understand and share your frustration. I've observed that IRCC is giving a higher preference to applicants being accompanied by their spouses and children, and the single ones have been left to wait.
This isn't an official rule but it's something I've observed recently.
I believe that it'll be our turn once those applications have been processed.
yes i agree, applications of my aor who are not single applicants already got ppr long ago :)

but i just don't understand for how long are they going to avoid working on single applicant's applications. its been over 8.5 months now since our aors.

Last edited:

passa

Dec 4, 2018
yes i agree, applications of my aor who are not single applicants already got ppr long ago :)

but i just don't understand for how long are they going to avoid working on single applicant's applications. its been over 8.5 months now since our aors.
Not true,we’re a family and still didn’t get the ppr

iamanpathak

Apr 12, 2019
Guys, usually I never post anything on any forums. But decided to post my status here, so that it will be helpful for someone. (I am a big silent reader & know everyone by name/id too)

PR got REJECTED.

ITA: 12-September-2018
AOR: 16-October-2018
Medical Cleared: 14-Nov-2018
CEC Class Express Entry- I am working in Canada currently on work permit. (Toronto)
NOC: 2174
Nationality: India
PR Rejection Date: 10-July-2019

I ordered GCMS Notes 2 times before (In January & April)

April GCMS Notes states - Review Required for my Canadian Experience, and they were not able to verify my Roles & responsibility. and they deducted 40 points

I called 2-3 times, and mostly i got a nice agent. I asked, Do you need any further documents or should i send any documents on my own as it is RR. And everytime they mentioned you have no red flags, and RR means it just an additional verification. and if officer requires any documents, They will contact you.

On 10th July, PR Got rejected.

I spoke to CIC again on 11 July,2019, explained few scenarios such as: since I followed several times for additional documents for my RR, You guys told nothing is required, everything is good.
Second, For my same roles & responsibility, you are able to verify my India experience and not able to verify my canadian experience.
Third, For same NOC and for same roles My work permit was Approved before, & since my roles/employer haven't changed so I applied PR with same NOC & roles.

Believe me, The agent was too nice, He told your case is genuine, and everyone is a human being & can make a mistake, So he told me to raise a webform with all the points & additional documents if I have. The officer will look into it. He May or may not change the decision, That i cannot guarantee, But the officer will look into it.

He also told, If you saw RR, Then you would have sent an additional documents that time only. But anyway this all happened, so just move to next step.

Guys, My strong suggestion, If anyone have RR in anything, Talk to agent politely. Send the relevant documents before it's too late.

I felt bit depressed after rejection, but I have Work permit valid till next year, so I will be in canada working here & will apply for PR Again.