+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
So the other two passed?

Call in July and ask for status. Did you order GCMS?
@SithLord
Bro, i just finished the call and the agent said your eligibility is review required and the review is pending by an officer.

I am absolutely shattered after listening to this. As per the agent, the reminder was sent on Jun 04 and the response which I got is case is in a queue to be reviewed by the officer.

Till the time I don't get the GCMS notes , I won't be able to understand why the eligibility is review required. I have lost hope now. It's already 8 months and still the eligibility is not figured. I am not sure why these people are playing with our lives. This is an emotional torture. Extremely disappointed.
From today my wait will only be for the GCMS notes and not the golden email as I have understood that I am not going to get it in coming time. Sometimes I think that this was my worst decision to apply for the immigration. Wasted the precious money in preparation and most importantly the TIME which I will not get back. :( :( :(

Sent an email to Ralph as well and I think they have also stopped responding because many people are sending them emails. Response-- If your inquiry is related to the status of your immigration application, you can check the status here, or you may wish to contact your own Member of Parliament (MP).

All the doors are closed for me now. Feel like a loser who lost precious 18 months in dereliction.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
@SithLord
Bro, i just finished the call and the agent said your eligibility is review required and the review is pending by an officer.

I am absolutely shattered after listening to this. As per the agent, the reminder was sent on Jun 04 and the response which I got is case is in a queue to be reviewed by the officer.

Till the time I don't get the GCMS notes , I won't be able to understand why the eligibility is review required. I have lost hope now. It's already 8 months and still the eligibility is not figured. I am not sure why these people are playing with our lives. This is an emotional torture. Extremely disappointed.
From today my wait will only be for the GCMS notes and not the golden email as I have understood that I am not going to get it in coming time. Sometimes I think that this was my worst decision to apply for the immigration. Wasted the precious money in preparation and most importantly the TIME which I will not get back. :( :( :(

Sent an email to Ralph as well and I think they have also stopped responding because many people are sending them emails. Response-- If your inquiry is related to the status of your immigration application, you can check the status here, or you may wish to contact your own Member of Parliament (MP).

All the doors are closed for me now. Feel like a loser who lost precious 18 months in dereliction.
So was your eligibility recommend pass or passed earlier? When Ottawa VO said your case is in queue for review by officer.

I think the call centre agent could be wrong here too.mdorsnt make sense for Ottawa VO to send that response if you had review required since RR cases have different responses like "your case is under review and requires additional verification"

I would say wait for your gcms notes then we will know

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
So was your eligibility recommend pass or passed earlier? When Ottawa VO said your case is in queue for review by officer.

I think the call centre agent could be wrong here too.mdorsnt make sense for Ottawa VO to send that response if you had review required since RR cases have different responses like "your case is under review and requires additional verification"

I would say wait for your gcms notes then we will know
When ever I raised CSE or reminder by the agent the response was case is in a queue to be reviewed by the officer. I am not sure what my eligibility status is. As per today's agent it is review required.

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Not getting ppr even after 7.5 months is enough to depress..... Now concluding that this adr leads to SS is really making me hopeless :(
Ok, I'd strongly recommend you to think that you're under SS and take that fact. You see, if you're really under SS, it means that you've passed all other stages and won't be rejected. Even with SS you're gonna get your visa in 2019 based on current trends, so you don't have to wait too long.

And if you're not under screening, you will probably get your visa soon whereas you will expect it after half a year, you know :)

Just take the fact that it's all about difference between expectations and reality. If you expect more than you actually get, you're unhappy. If you get more than you expect, you're the happiest person. Just imagine that when you applied, your timeline would've been not 6 but 18 months, so estimation completion date would've been set to May 2020 lol. So what would be your feelings now if you knew that 4-5 months are left to your PPR? You would be as happy as a pumpkin in a sunny patch. But the thing is that you were told about 6 months and expected faster processing than 8-10 months, that's why you feel so depressed now. I feel you, really. I just want say - I managed to deal with the fact that I MUST wait for several more months of because of SS, there's no other option.

Take the given time as a gift. It's a priceless opportunity to spend time with your friends and relatives: now you can call them whenever you want, you can go for a walk with them. You can have a dinner together, you can finally get drunk together and cry about your PPR. You will lose it as soon as you move to the desired country.

I don't feel like a teacher and don't try to lecture you. I am in the exactly same boat. I just understood (and want you to understand) that it's much better to spend time enjoying opportunities you won't have in your Canadian future in the beginning rather than to live under the endless stress and pressure. Earlier or sooner PPR will come, and years later we will regret that we wasted time with this unnecessary stress and lost so many priceless things during this time.

All the best!

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Another funny thing I got about SS: I'm really happy to wait and to let CBSA and CSIS (hope not CSIS actually :)) perform all the necessary checks. You know guys, we all want to live in a safe country. Now they examine me, but I have nothing to conceal and I'm not afraid of screening because of that. Sooner or later I will come to Canada as a resident, and I know that I will be able to sleep soundly knowing that the border service works and checks all the suspicious applicants. We will never know how many bad people were uncovered during comprehensive security screenings. So it's better to calm down and wait, as later we will be happy that applicants are examined carefully in terms of security.

Of course it's not about RR, eligibility met and other insufficient actions by IRCC. It's only my view to SS. Tried to look at it from the different angle and really liked it :D

sam_dj45

Jun 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

After wait of 8 months, I am in a unique situation. I was hoping for PR in 6-7 months but due to employment related RR I don’t know when will I get the response.

My university course is about to begin in Sept. I would like to know should I withdraw my PR application or apply for study permit with dual intent. Also, What is the success rate of dual intent application?

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
8 months today...The wait has been dreadful and I am now in the 4 month window for expiry of work permit. I started researching the BOWP today.

Checked my account and saw a ghost update, I am praying it's good news.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Ok, I'd strongly recommend you to think that you're under SS and take that fact. You see, if you're really under SS, it means that you've passed all other stages and won't be rejected. Even with SS you're gonna get your visa in 2019 based on current trends, so you don't have to wait too long.

And if you're not under screening, you will probably get your visa soon whereas you will expect it after half a year, you know :)

Just take the fact that it's all about difference between expectations and reality. If you expect more than you actually get, you're unhappy. If you get more than you expect, you're the happiest person. Just imagine that when you applied, your timeline would've been not 6 but 18 months, so estimation completion date would've been set to May 2020 lol. So what would be your feelings now if you knew that 4-5 months are left to your PPR? You would be as happy as a pumpkin in a sunny patch. But the thing is that you were told about 6 months and expected faster processing than 8-10 months, that's why you feel so depressed now. I feel you, really. I just want say - I managed to deal with the fact that I MUST wait for several more months of because of SS, there's no other option.

Take the given time as a gift. It's a priceless opportunity to spend time with your friends and relatives: now you can call them whenever you want, you can go for a walk with them. You can have a dinner together, you can finally get drunk together and cry about your PPR. You will lose it as soon as you move to the desired country.

I don't feel like a teacher and don't try to lecture you. I am in the exactly same boat. I just understood (and want you to understand) that it's much better to spend time enjoying opportunities you won't have in your Canadian future in the beginning rather than to live under the endless stress and pressure. Earlier or sooner PPR will come, and years later we will regret that we wasted time with this unnecessary stress and lost so many priceless things during this time.

All the best!
How long it takes to complete ss nowadays? It seems that I am under ss too.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Looks like it is about 6 months normally. There are still people who wait for 12+ months, but many applicants report about 5-6 months.
12+ only for SS ?? :confused: This is sick.
I hope that out ss will be done in 6 months or even less. In fact, I planned to go to Canada only in October so not a big change for me.
By the way, I am Russian too so there seems to be a pattern for sending people with this nationality to ss.

Last edited:
Reactions: whiterabbit

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
I was also requested to upload these documents on 6 months from AOR. Many say that is a strong indicator of SS.
Yeah, that's what I concluded to myself as well. Good luck to all of us!

I got a ghost update today. Did you get a ghost update after submitting your CV?

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019

All the best!
This is very wise and this is exactly to what I came up eventually. We have nothing to hide and it's just a matter of time. I managed to go back to my real life after I accepted the fact of the long wait.

Reactions: whiterabbit

lm1010

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Med's Done....
31-02-2018
Yesterday marks 8 months. I found out earlier this month that all stages have been passed eventhiugh my CIC account doesn't show it. Hopefully the PPR will come soon!
You will get PPR soon. Until I completed 8 months nothing was moving except meds pass and Eligibility Met. Was stuck in IP1 for the longest time. Once I crossed the 8 month mark, I moved to IP2, got a request for re-medical and then after submitting medical reports got PPR within 10 days. There is still hope.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Yeah, that's what I concluded to myself as well. Good luck to all of us!

I got a ghost update today. Did you get a ghost update after submitting your CV?
I got a ghost after 2 days after submitting the ADR and when I called I was told that my eligibility is passed. Also, last week I got a PRPF request so that seems except security everything is good.