+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
I am not sure what is going in with my file. Just had a call with the agent and he told me that your file is pending for a review by an officer for Eligibility. Security and Background check not been started yet. He was a polite guy and told me that he has not seen any recent activity on the file but this doennot mean no activity.

Its been 196 days and I am still in IP1. AOR oct 24. Medical on NOv 24. FSW Outland India

@SithLord any update on your file.
@Immigration_guru any advice ??

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
GCMS and CBSA notes are same, but in GCMS security related information is retracted
I know, but why u need to order CBSA notes if you are not under security screening.
Gsms note will tell u if u are under security screening.
There is difference in terms security and security screening.
Not all people goes thro security screening.

Mara_Vlasenko

Apr 17, 2019
Have just spoken to the agent, he told that the case is waiting for the final background verification. Asked him a question: does it mean that the background check is in progress? And he answered that yes exactly and that we should be patient, soon we will probably have an update. Not bad news I think, because in the GCMS notes which we got in the end of April there are no updates since December, Security and Criminality wasn't started yet. But there are no changes and still IP1 in the profile. So will see. AOR Oct 23

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I know, but why u need to order CBSA notes if you are not under security screening.
Gsms note will tell u if u are under security screening.
There is difference in terms security and security screening.
Not all people goes thro security screening.
so this is how it works.
Everyone goes to security which is same as SS.
IRCC transfers the case to CBSA for Security and in some cases, CSIS is involved.
So basically when we talk about Security it is CBSA but you can not tell if CSIS is involved.
CSIS is highly confidential force, which no one know what they do, where they are, what they look for.
For reference https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I am not sure what is going in with my file. Just had a call with the agent and he told me that your file is pending for a review by an officer for Eligibility. Security and Background check not been started yet. He was a polite guy and told me that he has not seen any recent activity on the file but this doennot mean no activity.

Its been 196 days and I am still in IP1. AOR oct 24. Medical on NOv 24. FSW Outland India

@SithLord any update on your file.
@Immigration_guru any advice ??
Any ADR? Your eligibility is taking time, did you order notes?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Have just spoken to the agent, he told that the case is waiting for the final background verification. Asked him a question: does it mean that the background check is in progress? And he answered that yes exactly and that we should be patient, soon we will probably have an update. Not bad news I think, because in the GCMS notes which we got in the end of April there are no updates since December, Security and Criminality wasn't started yet. But there are no changes and still IP1 in the profile. So will see. AOR Oct 23
Your application seems in good shape. Don't worry about the update in the account, sometimes it doesn't even get updated

Neeraj015

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Any ADR? Your eligibility is taking time, did you order notes?
No ADR till now.. I have supplied all the documents Like reference letters, salary slips, company offer letters, Income tax returns and acknowledgments, WES report, IELTS report, FD certificates, PCC, Educational documents, passport scanned full etc

Rest I checked with the agents earlier also and they told that they donot require anything from me. Neither they see anything negative in the profile. I also raise CSE enquiry and there also they did mention that nothing required from me.

I have called the agents 3 times. One before the 6 month timeline and twice after the 6 month and nobody mentioned that any document is required.
I have not ordered GCMS because by the time they reach us the info is stale and I think( may be I am wrong) that calling an agent is still better as he can check the file real time and let us know the details.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
No ADR till now.. I have supplied all the documents Like reference letters, salary slips, company offer letters, Income tax returns and acknowledgments, WES report, IELTS report, FD certificates, PCC, Educational documents, passport scanned full etc

Rest I checked with the agents earlier also and they told that they donot require anything from me. Neither they see anything negative in the profile. I also raise CSE enquiry and there also they did mention that nothing required from me.

I have called the agents 3 times. One before the 6 month timeline and twice after the 6 month and nobody mentioned that any document is required.
I have not ordered GCMS because by the time they reach us the info is stale and I think( may be I am wrong) that calling an agent is still better as he can check the file real time and let us know the details.
The agents can only tell you about the status, nothing in detail, you should order the notes because your application is stuck from long, you should see what was the last comment by the officer. I know it takes time but you get a clear picture of what is going on.
https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/faqs-2/ - Read the benefits of the notes

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
so this is how it works.
Everyone goes to security which is same as SS.
IRCC transfers the case to CBSA for Security and in some cases, CSIS is involved.
So basically when we talk about Security it is CBSA but you can not tell if CSIS is involved.
CSIS is highly confidential force, which no one know what they do, where they are, what they look for.
For reference https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html
Ok that way, everyone goes thro SS some of us got clearance in weeks or month and for few of us it take months or ecen a year.
Security which take more then 6 months to year actually we called SS, and only few applicants fall under this may be 5 % and these are those who have extensive travel history and suspicious travel.

karishmar

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12/10/2018
Med's Done....
10/11/2018
Guys I haven't been able to get through cic since yesterday.

Its just not connecting

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Ok that way, everyone goes thro SS some of us got clearance in weeks or month and for few of us it take months or ecen a year.
Security which take more then 6 months to year actually we called SS, and only few applicants fall under this may be 5 % and these are those who have extensive travel history and suspicious travel.
Now you got my point.
So time varies can be because of the country/age/travel history etc.

Reactions: ayaz_acca