+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Godsgrace1989

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
YES. PROOF OF FUNDS IS PART OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY UNDER THE FSW CLASS WHETHER YOU ARE INLAND OR OUTLAND. IT IS ONLY UNDER TH CEC THAT YOU DO NOT NEED PROOF OF FUNDS AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A VALID JOB OFFER WITH NOC A, B, OR O
Ok but i think information on cic website is different.
Thanks for your response.

pretty apple

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Finally got PPR this morning !!

Aor: Oct 09 CEC Inland, single applicant (exactly 190 days after aor)
Medical passed: Nov 07
IP 2: Nov 27
Only saw one ghost update on Mar 06

Ordered GCMS note on Feb 06 (received on Mar 16) showed only criminal passed, security not start, eligibility under review.

On Apr 05 called cic, the agent said eligibility/criminal/security were all passed

On Apr 15 called CIC again and had the same information as the last time.

Even on yesterday(Apr 16), I received email responsed to my web form inquiry shows no further movement and my file was still in CPC Edmonton.

And today, I got my PPR eventually (asked to send my passport to Ottawa)! So guys, stay calm and wait for the PPR come!

Hello
I also called cic on5th April and all stages were passed that time but no ppr yet

Did u check what ur status showing on IVR
Did it change to approve

cmyaaon9029

Apr 9, 2019
Hello
I also called cic on5th April and all stages were passed that time but no ppr yet

Did u check what ur status showing on IVR
Did it change to approve
I am not so sure what "IVR" means, but on my CIC online account, nothing changes to approval.
Hope this answers your question, and I believe you will get PPR soon. I saw one aor 08 got his/her PPR yesterday, and his/her files were all approved on Apr 01.
Once your smallest staged are all passed, you are good. Just wait.

Sneha_Balaji

Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys! Even writing this up here feels so unreal! I got my ready for Visa document today morning!! The wait is an absolute killer... but the happiness on seeing email is unparalleled... that's all I can say for everyone waiting... just hang in there and hope for the best. My timeline as below:
FSW-O single applicant.
AOR- 19th Oct
Medical passes sometime soon after
IP2- sometime in Jan
PPR- 16th April.
I don't know the exact dates since I went through a consultant. I called the agent once a couple of weeks earlier but never ordered GCMS or anything.

And now here's the catch to my case: I was working in Dubai when I applied for the PR. And moved back to India earlier this year. My consultant also promptly informed CIC of change in address. But this ready for Visa email has come from the Canadian high commission in UAE. So I'm not sure how much longer the process to change to India will take or if I can use the same document to get my Visa stamped in India... if u guys have any input on this, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
And all the best to those waiting... I hope you all get your PRs soon!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi guys! Even writing this up here feels so unreal! I got my ready for Visa document today morning!! The wait is an absolute killer... but the happiness on seeing email is unparalleled... that's all I can say for everyone waiting... just hang in there and hope for the best. My timeline as below:
FSW-O single applicant.
AOR- 19th Oct
IP2- sometime in Jan
PPR- 16th April.
I don't know the exact dates since I went through a consultant. I called the agent once a couple of weeks earlier but never ordered GCMS or anything.

And now here's the catch to my case: I was working in Dubai when I applied for the PR. And moved back to India earlier this year. My consultant also promptly informed CIC of change in address. But this ready for Visa email has come from the Canadian high commission in UAE. So I'm not sure how much longer the process to change to India will take or if I can use the same document to get my Visa stamped in India... if u guys have any input on this, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Congrats!

I believe you can email the UAE VO and ask if you get the PR from the Delhi office. All the best!

Reactions: Sneha_Balaji

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
FSW-O single applicant.
AOR- 19th Oct
IP2- sometime in Jan
PPR- 16th April.

Congratulations, ur time line is motivation for me as my Aor is 20 Oct

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Got ppr request today..
Our aor was 4th October
But we are on a vacation and won’t be able to come before 30days deadline..we have send mail to Cic for deadline extension..
Anyone here with the same issue??
I am not sure if the VO offices help out if you have crossed the 30-day deadline. You can surely write to them though about your situation and see what can be done. You should consider calling IRCC too.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
How did u place call?? Kindly tell me too .... I want make them a call
Calling CIC - steps

1- CIC call centre
+16139444000

2- English press 1

3- immigration press 1

4- transfer to citzship and imm can processing application press 1

5- status or processing times press 1

6- become permanent resident press 2

7- application starts with E press 2

8- then enter application number followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm

10- enter the year of birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then press 1 to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end press 0 to speak to agent

Use Skype or a US / Canada number or any international number service

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hello Friends. I am new to this group and I have one question. My AOR is 21st October/ FSW-O application. I called customer service center to get more update on my application. Customer representative told me that medical/criminality is passed, eligibility is under review. When I asked about my VO , she told me that no VO is assigned and application is at Nova Scotia office. Now I am confused. Why no VO is assigned to my application ? Does it mean that all applications goes to Nova Scotia office and once eligibility criteria is passed, VO will be assigned ? Thank you in advance.
I did some research on the CIC/IRCC website, and it looks like we might be using the wrong terminology for CIC offices inside Canada. Without reading the whole thing below, basically offices inside Canada are probably not called Visa Offices, which is why the agent said you did not have a "Visa Office" assigned yet. Your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This is normal and not something to worry about. Since you are an Outland applicant, when CPC Sydney approves your application, they will probably assign a Visa Office in your country to give you your visa (I am not too familiar with how Outland works, but that would be my guess).

Here are the details of what I found out, regarding terminology and which offices do what:

For offices that process applications/issue visas outside Canada: the term is "Visa Office". Visa Offices are located in the Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates in foreign countries. You can find a list of Visa Offices here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

For offices that process applications inside Canada: the terms are:
  • "Case Processing Centre" (CPC): CPCs are located in various Canadian cities and are the main CIC/IRCC offices where PR applications are processed.
  • "Centralized Intake Office" (CIO), which is where all PR applications pass through first. You can find a list of CPCs and the CIO here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
  • Other CIC (IRCC) offices: There are lots of other IRCC offices which support processing of PR applications and/or conduct interviews etc. These other offices are: Calgary, Vancouver, Surrey, Winnipeg, Fredericton, St. John's, Halifax, Hamilton, Yellowknife, Kitchener, London, Niagara Falls, Toronto (Scarborough), Toronto (Etobicoke), Windsor, Montreal, Saskatoon. You can find a full list here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
  • One or more of these above types may be referred to informally as "Visa Offices", but I don't see any reference to this on the CIC/IRCC website. When I asked a call centre agent what my visa office was, he did not know what I was asking. This makes sense as I am in the CEC stream within Canada, so would not need a Visa Office in my home country. When I asked where my application was being processed, he told me it was Edmonton (i.e. CPC Edmonton).
  • Note: The officer who gives final approval to your application seems to have the title "Visa Officer" , regardless of whether you are applying inside or outside of Canada.
Below is a list of what types of permanent residence applications each CPC (inside Canada) processes normally. Sometimes applications are "redistributed" when one office is overwhelmed, to try to cut down waiting times. Non-CPC IRCC offices may also assist with your application. Therefore you may have your application processed by a CPC that does not normally process your type of application, or a non-CPC IRCC office.

CPC Edmonton: PR applications for protected persons and convention refugees in Canada, live-in caregivers, Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways, PR under the temporary resident permit holder class

CPC Mississauga: Sponsorship for family members living in Canada and abroad

CPC Sydney: PR Cards and Citizenship (not PR applications)
CIO Sydney: Receives all PR applications first, then processes them locally or sends them to a CPC.

CPC Ottawa: PR applications from within Canada and the US, after the application is deemed complete by CPC in Sydney or Mississauga.

Riya Patel

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I did some research on the CIC/IRCC website, and it looks like we might be using the wrong terminology for CIC offices inside Canada. Without reading the whole thing below, basically offices inside Canada are probably not called Visa Offices, which is why the agent said you did not have a "Visa Office" assigned yet. Your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This is normal and not something to worry about. Since you are an Outland applicant, when CPC Sydney approves your application, they will probably assign a Visa Office in your country to give you your visa (I am not too familiar with how Outland works, but that would be my guess).

Here are the details of what I found out, regarding terminology and which offices do what:

For offices that process applications/issue visas outside Canada: the term is "Visa Office". Visa Offices are located in the Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates in foreign countries. You can find a list of Visa Offices here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

For offices that process applications inside Canada: the terms are:
  • "Case Processing Centre" (CPC): CPCs are located in various Canadian cities and are the main CIC/IRCC offices where PR applications are processed.
  • "Centralized Intake Office" (CIO), which is where all PR applications pass through first. You can find a list of CPCs and the CIO here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
  • Other CIC (IRCC) offices: There are lots of other IRCC offices which support processing of PR applications and/or conduct interviews etc. These other offices are: Calgary, Vancouver, Surrey, Winnipeg, Fredericton, St. John's, Halifax, Hamilton, Yellowknife, Kitchener, London, Niagara Falls, Toronto (Scarborough), Toronto (Etobicoke), Windsor, Montreal, Saskatoon. You can find a full list here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html
  • One or more of these above types may be referred to informally as "Visa Offices", but I don't see any reference to this on the CIC/IRCC website. When I asked a call centre agent what my visa office was, he did not know what I was asking. This makes sense as I am in the CEC stream within Canada, so would not need a Visa Office in my home country. When I asked where my application was being processed, he told me it was Edmonton (i.e. CPC Edmonton).
  • Note: The officer who gives final approval to your application seems to have the title "Visa Officer" , regardless of whether you are applying inside or outside of Canada.
Below is a list of what types of permanent residence applications each CPC (inside Canada) processes normally. Sometimes applications are "redistributed" when one office is overwhelmed, to try to cut down waiting times. Non-CPC IRCC offices may also assist with your application. Therefore you may have your application processed by a CPC that does not normally process your type of application, or a non-CPC IRCC office.

CPC Edmonton: PR applications for protected persons and convention refugees in Canada, live-in caregivers, Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways, PR under the temporary resident permit holder class

CPC Mississauga: Sponsorship for family members living in Canada and abroad

CPC Sydney: PR Cards and Citizenship (not PR applications)
CIO Sydney: Receives all PR applications first, then processes them locally or sends them to a CPC.

CPC Ottawa: PR applications from within Canada and the US, after the application is deemed complete by CPC in Sydney or Mississauga.
Thank you for the important information. Do you have any idea when CPC transfer the file to local Visa office. My file was initially