Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
To all the people who ordered gcms notes, can you please share when was your info sharing started and when it was completed and how long it took for info sharing process.

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
A question just popped in my mind. What happens if someone's application takes too long to get approved, i mean to the extent that even their medicals expire? Do they get some extra time to enter Canada accordingly with adjusted dates or do they go through fresh medicals, and again wait for getting passed
If medical expires, sometimes they extend older or ask for new one. Mostly they ask for new one only after the application is approved and you get PPR within a couple of weeks after that.

Reactions: Arundddd

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Your case is exactly same as mine...
AOR- 5th Oct
IP2- 24th Feb.
Status has not changed since last month. Eligibility under review, Security not started, Criminality passed.
According to the agent, Security check will only start after Eligibility is passed. File is still at Ottawa.
Exactly what I was told.
AOR - 9 October
IP2 - 2nd March

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
To all the people who ordered gcms notes, can you please share when was your info sharing started and when it was completed and how long it took for info sharing process.
I'm not sure if my answer is helpful for you, but mine had become started and completed on the next day after MEP (27 Nov). My AOR 26 Oct

Reactions: Iwanttobeincanada

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
I'm not sure if my answer is helpful for you, but mine had become started and completed on the next day after MEP (27 Nov). My AOR 26 Oct
Thanks...this is general question which popped up in my mind and thought may be this is something which is time consuming. But your answer is quite assuring :)

trice4

Feb 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Done....
26-11-2018
Thanks...this is general question which popped up in my mind and thought may be this is something which is time consuming. But your answer is quite assuring :)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I've never been to five eyes countries CIC shares info with. It might be the reason why it was so fast for me. For those who visited the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, it may take more time, I guess :)

livinmanniac

Jun 6, 2018
I called CIC just now and was told the agent that gave me the information that my application was approved since March 4th, should have told me that they have until August to send the email and so i should call back August 1st if i have not received the email. I'm going to try and focus on other things and let them do their thing. Can't allow this to drive me up the walls. But this wait is a killer.

P.S > i spoke to me representative yesterday and they said they are going to raise a CSE 2 weeks after the 6 month deadline. So lets see how that goes.

AOR Oct 4th
Wow that’s something new! Really don’t understand the wait once the application had been approved. Wth were they doing with the file past 6 months.!!
1 day to 6 months and 3 weeks since approval.
Half year gone just like that..!!

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention that I've never been to five eyes countries CIC shares info with. It might be the reason why it was so fast for me. For those who visited the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, it may take more time, I guess :)
Yea....makes sense...thanks

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
It will be interesting to see if some other people can respond who have visited these countries and how long they took for info sharing to complete

MathewD99

Jan 15, 2019
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-10-2018
Be ready for more than a year wait. You are under security screening. Agents or gcms never say security in progress. It’s either not started or completed. In progress for security usually means security screening which takes anywhere from 6-12 months apart from other processing time.

Good luck!
Hi Micky345,

When i called CIC, the agent told me that even my security is in progress.
Any idea on how long the security takes under normal circumstances(not security screening)?

My AOR: 27th Oct 2018.

Thanks in advance.

Iwanttobeincanada

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
23 October 2018
Hi Micky345,

Any idea on how long the security takes under normal circumstances(not security screening)?

Thanks in advance.
I have seen cases where it's done in one day...so keep hope...Ur just about to get through :)

Jun 7, 2018
FSW-O
AOR 27 OCT
MED PASSED
BGC NOT STARTED YET
No other status updates ...26 days remaining ..... Visa Office Montreal... (Slowest processing office I believe)
FAMILY OF 2....

Anyone with similar status?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hi Micky345,

Thanks in advance.
If security is in progress it means you are under security screening. Next time when you call ask specifically whether you are under extensive security screening or not.

Regarding timelines, no one can predict how much time it can take as people from May June and July are still waiting just for their security to start and rest all is cleared.

Good luck !