+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

MWCW2018

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Congrats !

Would you happen to know your VO ? Is the PPR from a cic.gc email ?

Thanks !
I don't know my visa office, but I'm guessing Ottawa.

The email is entitled "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" and is from a cic.gc.ca address.

Also, the email was sent at 7:00 AM Ottawa time.

Reactions: cvish92

cvish92

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I don't know my visa office, but I'm guessing Ottawa.

The email is entitled "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" and is from a cic.gc.ca address.

Also, the email was sent at 7:00 AM Ottawa time.
So it does seem like it is auto-generated in some queue of some sort. Thanks for the heads up ! Single applicants seem to be taking time and hence I wanted to know that I did not miss it out by any chance. Seems like I have some more time to wait until the PPR stage arrives.

vipinv

Dec 13, 2018
FSW - Outland
AOR: 18th Oct 2018
Medical Passed: 13th December 2018
No updates after Medical Status change.

Any Indian applicants with AOR in October has got PPR?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that eligibility is met and background check hasn't started. Can anyone please tell me whether "met" means Passed or does it mean "recommended passed"? The online status still shows "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
AOR: 18th October
Met means recommended pass

bornloser113

Jan 11, 2019
i have a query, can the NOC code besides country of residence, fsw, cec & pnp etc have any affect on speed of processing...like may be nurses or docs are processed faster than engineers

D_Knight

Dec 12, 2018
Hey guys, PPR received this morning.

Timeline:

AOR : October 23

Medicals Passed: November 22

Bio-metrics Received: November 23 (requested on November 22).

IP2: November 23 (went back to IP1 on January 19). Do yourself a favor and ignore it.

Ghost update: January 19 (only caught this as i sporadically checked my profile).

PPR: February 19.

Country of Origin : Nigeria.
Country of Residence: USA.
Total Applicants: 1.

Never ordered GCMS notes.

Total Timeline: 3 months & 27 days.

All the best to you all.

Cheers.

Misty18

Jan 22, 2019
my husband and I are engineers and we received ours yesterday.

Just be patient, I know it’s easier said than done.
i have a query, can the NOC code besides country of residence, fsw, cec & pnp etc have any affect on speed of processing...like may be nurses or docs are processed faster than engineers
th

Reactions: RR9187

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iam following this thread every single day because Iam AOR October with a family of five. I was just wondering whenever you call or order those notes won’t us take the time off from the officers to do their core job which is issuing visas. Why are we so frightened and impatient about this whole process? I know how all of us must feel because we are all waiting to start a new life in a promised land. Let’s be positive and spread positivity. We are channeling energy towards failure by discussing all negative aspects of this whole process. We all have a good life wherever we are right now so let’s be greatful all what we have right now snd bless the visa officers for doing this job for us and pray together for better things in life. Just my thoughts
+1 for the positivity infusion.

Reactions: Sailupstream

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I think you’re confusing criminality with security. Both criminality and security are a part of background check. Criminality and Eligibility are processed parallely. Security check is the last step. Your file will not go for security until all other steps are cleared. Hope this helps.
To be completely honest I'm unsure mate, that's what the agent said on the phone to me 'security is passed'.

I'm not wanting to get too involved with the specifics unless I have to due to an issue. For now I will wait the 6 months as they said everything seemed okay so far so micro-analysing everything won't help me.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Good evening all...I raise a case yesterday and this is wat I got as reply this evening ....

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Your application for was received via your account on October 12, 2018.

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

Your application is located at the Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario.
You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times

However ....I called agent yestersay and I was told eligibility and security hasn't started ....
And the reply shows now that they are currently verifying our eligibility ...
Which do I believe ?plz share ur ideas

MGaddam

Oct 5, 2018
Hi There,
CEC Inland applicant, AOR 23rd Oct, Medical 25 Nov.

I got an email to attend an Interview for PR.
Has anyone received like this..!! what will they ask.!!
I am bit worrying for what it is?

Can anyone please suggest..That will be a great help.

immitk

Jan 31, 2019
Hi There,
CEC Inland applicant, AOR 23rd Oct, Medical 25 Nov.

I got an email to attend an Interview for PR.
Has anyone received like this..!! what will they ask.!!
I am bit worrying for what it is?

Can anyone please suggest..That will be a great help.
Three of my colleagues/friends received similar emails prior to getting PR. It looks like in some cases they don't send PPR emails to CEC inland applicants, instead invite them for 10-20 min friendly interview (according to my friends :)) and after that issue CORP to you right away.