Passport Req..
21-3-19
I was hoping it might be quicker.

AOR: Oct 12, 2018
MED PASSED: Nov 8, 2018
BIOMETRICS: Nov 14, 2018
Single applicant
FSW O
Did u raise a case or called ..we have exactly d same aor and medical pass ...but u did ur biometric before me though we reciv d letter same day ...did mine 16 days after u did urs ..did mine on 30th Nov

Reactions: Fawn1477

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
Did u raise a case or called ..we have exactly d same aor and medical pass ...but u did ur biometric before me though we reciv d letter same day ...did mine 16 days after u did urs ..did mine on 30th Nov

Wow. Great! I called about 2 weeks ago and the agent said there has been no update on my account since I submitted my biometrics. I will try calling again next week. Hopefully, there is some movement on my file.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Wow. Great! I called about 2 weeks ago and the agent said there has been no update on my account since I submitted my biometrics. I will try calling again next week. Hopefully, there is some movement on my file.
I called today ..and was told I pass criminality.. Eligibility and security hasn't started

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
I called today ..and was told I pass criminality.. Eligibility and security hasn't started ..said application looks good ..no adr

Reactions: Fawn1477

MWCW2018

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
did we do something wrong that all indian residents are being processed at turtle pace by CIC... Its almost 4 months now still just med done on 12 nov
Relax. I'm American nationality, residing in the US, and this is taking a long time for most Americans too, not just Indians. And if you look at the UK/Europe applicant thread it seems even worse (6-7 months average wait time it seems for UK citizens to PPR) IRCC states 80% done in 6 months. Honestly, this is really fast compared to immigration to other countries (especially mine, which has a decade long backlog for some nationalities). Also, prior to 2015 and Canada's introduction of Express Entry, I believe it took 2 years on average to receive PPR.

I say just wait until the 6 months is up before worrying. And in general, rejection rates of Express Entry are very low. To me, I would be more stressed if the wait were 3 months, but the rejection rate was high, than the current Express Entry program, which has low rejection rates.

Last edited:

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Relax. I'm American nationality, residing in the US, and this is taking a long time for most Americans too, not just Indians. And if you look at the UK/Europe applicant thread it seems even worse (6-7 months average wait time it seems for UK citizens to PPR) IRCC states 80% done in 6 months. Honestly, this is really fast compared to immigration to other countries (especially mine, which has a decade long backlog for some nationalities). Also, prior to 2015 and Canada's introduction of Express Entry, I believe it took 2 years on average to receive PPR.

I say just wait until the 6 months is up before worrying. And in general, rejection rates of Express Entry are very low. To me, I would be more stressed if the wait were 3 months, but the rejection rate was high, than then current Express Entry program, which has low rejection rates.
I agree.. I am in UK and my application has passed 11 months. However, when you hear of people getting their PPRs in less than 6 months, and in some cases (I know of) in less than 2 months; you just become impatience.

In general, the process is much faster than other countries of course, and from what I learned in this forum, Indians are the fastest to get it. I wish everyone all the best.

Thanks

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19

I say just wait until the 6 months is up before worrying. And in general, rejection rates of Express Entry are very low. To me, I would be more stressed if the wait were 3 months, but the rejection rate was high, than then current Express Entry program, which has low rejection rates.
You just made me smile ...love this contribution ...very superb and encouraging ...thank u so much mate .

Nikita786

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
09-11-2018
Hi people,

I raised a CSE yesterday and asked them the status of my application i.e "have I passed eligibility, criminality and security" and asked for my Visa office. This is the response I got. My AOR is 10th Oct 2018. Meds Passed 9th Nov. And in IP1 since - no ghost update no change. I am FSWO - India

"We are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. All the required documents and information have been received by the case processing centre in Ottawa, Ontario for the moment. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

What does this imply? Has my eligibility, criminality and security not started at all?

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Hi people,

I raised a CSE yesterday and asked them the status of my application i.e "have I passed eligibility, criminality and security" and asked for my Visa office. This is the response I got. My AOR is 10th Oct 2018. Meds Passed 9th Nov. And in IP1 since - no ghost update no change. I am FSWO - India

"We are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. All the required documents and information have been received by the case processing centre in Ottawa, Ontario for the moment. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

What does this imply? Has my eligibility, criminality and security not started at all?
This is a very standard response by IRCC. Sadly, it doesn’t convey anything of substance.