+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
jealous to see you guys getting oath invites, but I am happy for all of you, don't get me wrong, LOL. I don't have test date yet, my app is IP since January 04 :(
anyone here on the same boat? I am from Calgary.
You must be stuck in some background check hell. Normally Calgary cranks right along. Hopefully things wrap up soon for you.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
and its done

Took citizenship oath - 2 more days before we can apply for Canadian passport

good luck everyone

Thanks

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

Ontario150

Jul 5, 2017
I have an urgent question. Anyone has experience in rescheduling the test date? I have receive the test invite for May 29th but I am a professor in a university in the states and the quarter does not end until June 8th. If I ask them to reschedule the test should I wait for another test invite date? How much delay would it add to processing time of my application?
I heard people asked for rescheduling and their new test date was 2-3 month after the first date they said they would be available....
PLEASE HELP!
Also, I am Iranian, so I cannot come back to the US again because of the travel ban until I get my Canadian passport.

Here are my dates:
App sent: Oct 16
App received: Oct 18
AOR: Nov 22
IP: Dec 4
Test invite: May 4
Test date: May 29
from Richmond hill, ON, but currently living in California, US
I think that if you can arrange 1 or 2 days to come back Canada to take the test and interview it will be the best option. After that you still need to wait for sometime to go to the oath to be officially become Canadian citizen and get citizenship card. Until you get the citizenship card, still you can use your current passport to travel.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I have an urgent question. Anyone has experience in rescheduling the test date? I have receive the test invite for May 29th but I am a professor in a university in the states and the quarter does not end until June 8th. If I ask them to reschedule the test should I wait for another test invite date? How much delay would it add to processing time of my application?
I heard people asked for rescheduling and their new test date was 2-3 month after the first date they said they would be available....
PLEASE HELP!
Also, I am Iranian, so I cannot come back to the US again because of the travel ban until I get my Canadian passport.

Here are my dates:
App sent: Oct 16
App received: Oct 18
AOR: Nov 22
IP: Dec 4
Test invite: May 4
Test date: May 29
from Richmond hill, ON, but currently living in California, US
If you are on a proper visa to the US, those have not been rescinded, as far as I'm aware, so you should be able to return provided your travel documents are all current. (They will probably get you into secondary for questioning, but in the end you'd likely be fine.) If you are truly nervous about making the trip, then your only real option is to reschedule the test, regardless of the delay. How long could it be? Probably a month or two at least.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
You must be stuck in some background check hell. Normally Calgary cranks right along. Hopefully things wrap up soon for you.
that is what the CIC agent told me. The background checks are underway. I just think its weird when someone gets test invite and waiting for the oath ceremony even though the background checks are on, and mine gets stuck. Oh well, just a not-so-lucky applicant rant, LOL. I hope to get it soon before WINTER comes.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
that is what the CIC agent told me. The background checks are underway. I just think its weird when someone gets test invite and waiting for the oath ceremony even though the background checks are on, and mine gets stuck. Oh well, just a not-so-lucky applicant rant, LOL. I hope to get it soon before WINTER comes.
Look at the bright side. If winter hits and you get past 12 months, you'll have a legit gripe when you call IRCC. Not that it will help much, but at least they can't feed you THAT line ;)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Yeah, it sounds weird, but test and background/security checks can be done concurrently. So, passing the test does not necessarily mean your file is done and that you are in the queue for oath (no decision made yet). Some applicants get their test relatively early, but has to wait for security/BC; while some is the other way around. As for me, my BC was done before my test. So, once I passed the test, decision was made within 24 hours. It’s like: 3+3+3=9 or 2+4+3=9

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, it sounds weird, but test and background/security checks can be done concurrently. So, passing the test does not necessarily mean your file is done and that you are in the queue for oath (no decision made yet). Some applicants get their test relatively early, but has to wait for security/BC; while some is the other way around. As for me, my BC was done before my test. So, once I passed the test, decision was made within 24 hours. It’s like: 3+3+3=9 or 2+4+3=9
Totally agree. My app went In process on Jan 10th then i received my test invite 20 days later. Got way too excited because i thought i cleared everything. Now still waiting since mid February for DM. I expect it to come in the next 4-6 weeks fingers crossed

Kiki-sinche

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
AOR1: 02/05/2016, SA: 02/18/2016, AOR2(3rd line): 03/29/2016
Hi everyone, my wife is an october applicant. She passed all the steps and is now invited to the oath ceremony is on May 30 in Mississauga (ONT); Does that mean that she is eligible to vote on June 7th? (Ont. general elections) Does she need to do anything specific? I didn't seem to find details about that? Thank you

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, my wife is an october applicant. She passed all the steps and is now invited to the oath ceremony is on May 30 in Mississauga (ONT); Does that mean that she is eligible to vote on June 7th? (Ont. general elections) Does she need to do anything specific? I didn't seem to find details about that? Thank you
After taking Oath on may 30, register to vote
https://www.elections.on.ca/en/voting-in-ontario/voter-registration.html

Also, take Citizenship certificate and address proof/photo ID/ age proof - preferably Driver licence to polling booth on June 07 for voting.

Jun-San

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
02-01-2014
Took the exam today.
Got 20/20.
Was pretty easy, just a couple tricky questions.

Reactions: julia0220