+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Quick Question: Does Test Invite gets updated in ECAS or they only send a letter in mail? I guess they don't even send an email.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Quick Question: Does Test Invite gets updated in ECAS or they only send a letter in mail? I guess they don't even send an email.
Yes, depends on the office (some do mail, some do email), and it depends on the office.
The ecas update and the email are not necessarily simultaneous, so email may arrive before an update becomes visible or vice versa.

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
I'm sorry guys, I meant Oath Invitation. Does Oath invitation get updated in ECAS or via Email? Or do they only send a letter in mailbox.?

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
Please updated my status

Application sent: Oct 16, 2017
Application received: Oct 19, 2017
AOR: Jan 28, 2018
IP ECAS: Feb 14, 2018
FP request: Feb 19, 2018
FP received: Mar 6, 2018
Office: Vancouver

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
Quick question. Will CIC send me a hard copy of "Discover Canada"?. Or do I should download?.
It says that they sent me a copy on Jan 28th but I haven't received it. Thanks!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Quick question. Will CIC send me a hard copy of "Discover Canada"?. Or do I should download?.
There should be a link on your ECAS they will not send a hard copy.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
No, they won’t. They even mention sending the guide on the ecas line, but web link only is sent.

If you want hard copy you need to request it explicitly, or print it by yourself.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My test experience today, in Scarborough:

There were about 20-25 of us in the room. At 1:00 they gave instructions and at 1:10 we started the test. I was finished in about 5 minutes and continued into the interview room to wait. There were others in the interview room that were doing interviews that didn't have to do the test, so I settled in anticipating that I'd be going after them. After about 5-10 minutes, one of the test administrators came into the interview room, sat down, and called my name. I was out the door at 1:30.

I scored 19/20 on the test. My preparation for the test was using apnatoronto's online citizenship tests, primarily. I quickly skimmed through the online book and if there was a question I didn't know, I'd look for the answer in the online book. I went through all of the tests (10 of them, 25 questions each) maybe 3 or 4 times.

The interview consisted of verifying my passports, drivers license, and PR card. She did NOT check any of my son's documents, even though she confirmed that his application was linked with mine. (She showed me his application.) She also asked if I had any issues with the police. I signed a couple things and she congratulated me, then told me to expect notification of the oath ceremony. I asked if that meant that my application was complete, to which she confirmed that everything is done with it and it's going into the bin to schedule for the oath ceremony.

I inquired on the timeline for the oath as my son is travelling starting in June and that I was hoping to have his Canadian travel documents before then as he'd be gone during the summer. She said that it wouldn't be a problem with that timeline. We'll see...
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. Not sure about being called for oath by June. Presently, the wait time is resting between 6-8 months after Decision Made (DM) for Scarborough applicants unfortunately.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. Not sure about being called for oath by June. Presently, the wait time is resting between 6-8 months after Decision Made (DM) for Scarborough applicants unfortunately.
Oh, I didn’t really believe that we’d get oath in Scarborough that soon.

Good luck tomorrow.

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Oh, I didn’t really believe that we’d get oath in Scarborough that soon.

Good luck tomorrow.
My test is day after tomorrow, but thank you. Hoping for a smooth test and interview.

Maybe there will be some cancellations and some of us will be lucky enough to get scheduled earlier for oath. Has happened in the past.