+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

daman8906

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Guys, I have a question. I passed my test and 10 days later I got DM. However they had requested FP about 3 weeks prior to the test and ECAS does not mention anything about the FP. Is this normal?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Guys, I have a question. I passed my test and 10 days later I got DM. However they had requested FP about 3 weeks prior to the test and ECAS does not mention anything about the FP. Is this normal?
FP response is not updated on ECAS. you can call and find out from the call center staff if they received the FP response. If it says DM - i would argue that they have received and reviewed it and made their decision. Which is all good so far.

If they needed more time - it would have stayed in IP and they would have requested more documentation.

Reactions: daman8906

tariq1673

Mar 12, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Finally received the AOR for my application!!!!

App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1095 days
Application sent: Oct 12, 2017
Application Received: Oct 16, 2017
AOR received: March 12, 2018.

Moderator please update with my info. I'm from Edmonton.

kyvan

Jan 24, 2018
Hello

has anybody here who has been the whole 3 years in canada and no exit any experience about police check need
and what should be the answer to (Yes or No)
item 10. b (requires the applicant to check yes/no as to whether the applicant was in another country for a total of 183 days "in the past four (4) years.")

I appreciate any feeback

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello

has anybody here who has been the whole 3 years in canada and no exit any experience about police check need
item 10. b (requires the applicant to check yes/no as to whether the applicant was in another country for a total of 183 days "in the past four (4) years.")

I appreciate any feeback
if you have stayed outside the country before landing in canada as a PR (3 years ago) then you need a police clearance if you were in one place for more than 183 days. It is mandatory and first step as soon as CIC - Sydney checks for application completeness - they will fish it out if police clearance is not present and return it.

zuxeg

Mar 5, 2018
Hello

I appreciate any feeback
Have you been outside the country for a total of 183 days in the past four 4 years?
if yes you need one if not than not.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Finally received the AOR for my application!!!!

App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1095 days
Application sent: Oct 12, 2017
Application Received: Oct 16, 2017
AOR received: March 12, 2018.

Moderator please update with my info. I'm from Edmonton.
Kodoos for your patience. 147 days for AOR!! I have added you to our tracker. keep us posted.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hello

I appreciate any feeback
You need to answer the question based on your eligibility period. Eligibility covers the previous 5 years from the date you sign your application. If you were not in Canada for the first 2 years of your eligibility period than you would correctly answer yes to 10.b

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
I want your opinion if I should renew my pr card or wait. It will expire in August. Here's my citizenship application timeline.

Location Toronto
App received Oct 26
AOR Dec 11
IP Dec 22
Test invite waiting...

TIA

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I want your opinion if I should renew my pr card or wait. It will expire in August. Here's my citizenship application timeline.

Location Toronto
App received Oct 26
AOR Dec 11
IP Dec 22
Test invite waiting...

TIA
Do you plan to travel out of the country anytime in the next 6-8 months? If the answer is no, then you needn't renew. If you plan to travel then I would renew just for ease on your part in case they don't get your application completed. It's only $50 and some time spent gathering documents. If you feel better with it, then renew, if you're OK, then it's OK :D

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
You need to answer the question based on your eligibility period. Eligibility covers the previous 5 years from the date you sign your application. If you were not in Canada for the first 2 years of your eligibility period than you would correctly answer yes to 10.b
Item 10.b is not related to the eligibility period. It references the FOUR (4) years prior to date of application.

Moreover, it is not related to the duration of absences. The total amount of time spent in a particular country is what matters, is what the prospective applicant needs to count and add up.

Item 10.b is actually straight forward. Applicant needs to add up all days spent in a particular country, whether it was during one stay or adding up the total from ten different stays, and if the total number of days in a particular country, during the relevant FOUR years, adds up to 183 or more, the applicant needs to check "yes" in response to item 10.b AND then follow the instructions.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Item 10.b is not related to the eligibility period. It references the FOUR (4) years prior to date of application.

Moreover, it is not related to the duration of absences. The total amount of time spent in a particular country is what matters, is what the prospective applicant needs to count and add up.

Item 10.b is actually straight forward. Applicant needs to add up all days spent in a particular country, whether it was during one stay or adding up the total from ten different stays, and if the total number of days in a particular country, during the relevant FOUR years, adds up to 183 or more, the applicant needs to check "yes" in response to item 10.b AND then follow the instructions.
While that is accurate, I answered the question based on the OP asking if anyone had left in the 3 years prior. The assumption, on my part, was that the OP has only been a PR for 3 years and therefore will indeed have been somewhere the 4th year and the 5th as well, which also made me assume the proper answer would be yes.

Of course the question is direct in that it asks specifically for the last 4 years, that is only a single part of the question. Part A asks specifically about the 'eligibility' period which does indeed cover 5 years. OP already appeared confused to me so my answer was designed in the hopes that he/she would not further be confused.

kyvan

Jan 24, 2018
Have you been outside the country for a total of 183 days in the past four 4 years?
if yes you need one if not than not.
thanks

I asked about anybody who has not sent pcc and has been all past 3 years in Canada and the document accepted ?

October applicants with the same condition should know the answer

/

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
thanks

I asked about anybody who has not sent pcc and has been all past 3 years in Canada and the document accepted ?

October applicants with the same condition should know the answer

/
If you do not send your PCC with your file and you are required to have a PCC you can expect they will ask you for it before your file will be completed. There are reports of applicants files being put on hold after test and interview because they required a PCC. It's your choice how to proceed but be aware you WILL have to gather it eventually if the answer to the question is "yes" ....