+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
My application (family) is in IP since Dec first week , till now no test invite. It’s Being processed at Scarborough office. :-(

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My application (family) is in IP since Dec first week , till now no test invite. It’s Being processed at Scarborough office. :-(
A lot of us are in the same club. Just have to wait it out. Keep in mind that even if we get our test invites soon, we'll still be waiting 4-6 months after DM for oath. So it doesn't really matter when we get the test invite, the end wait time to oath will average out to be the same for most Scarborough applicants. Of course, I too, would like to get the test out of the way, but nothing we can do.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
A lot of us are in the same club. Just have to wait it out. Keep in mind that even if we get our test invites soon, we'll still be waiting 4-6 months after DM for oath. So it doesn't really matter when we get the test invite, the end wait time to oath will average out to be the same for most Scarborough applicants. Of course, I too, would like to get the test out of the way, but nothing we can do.
Just curious, why you think 4-6mo after DM for oath?

Edmonton already has some applicants at 3mo mark and still no oath after DM

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Just curious, why you think 4-6mo after DM for oath?

Edmonton already has some applicants at 3mo mark and still no oath after DM
It's based on averages from the sheet for the Scarborough processing center. People who got DM in November are still waiting for oath invites. And historically, it takes 4-6 months after DM to get the oath invite from the Scarborough CPC.

I'm not following Edmonton timelines.

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Hi all,

I just received the invitation for the citizenship test for my mother’s citizenship application. She’s over 55 so she doesn’t have to take the test. I’m wondering if the scheduled date to verify her paperwork will be the same date that will be the citizenship ceremony? Does anyone know? The date is March 11th and we applied on October 2017.

Our application was processed by Scarborough office. So there’s hope! Be patient everyone. It’s coming :)

Thanks!
Jen

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,

I just received the invitation for the citizenship test for my mother’s citizenship application. She’s over 55 so she doesn’t have to take the test. I’m wondering if the scheduled date to verify her paperwork will be the same date that will be the citizenship ceremony? Does anyone know? The date is March 11th and we applied on October 2017.

Our application was processed by Scarborough office. So there’s hope! Be patient everyone. It’s coming :)

Thanks!
Jen
HI, she needs to appear for an interview, even though she's exempt from the test. Did you receive the test invite today (dated today) by email ? I thought they would be closed today on account of Family day.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi all,

Thanks!
Jen
She will attend on March 11th to verify her Language ability which is usually done after citizenship test. All the required documents stated in her letter will be verify by the Citizenship Agent during the Interview process. if evrything is ok with her application then she will receive OATH letter by mail or in some cases on the spot.

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Hi all,
Appreciate your response on the matter below:
When the local office receives your fingerprint, does the ECAS shows that the FP was received ? if Yes how long usually it takes to see the update online.
Thanks in advance.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Thanks!
Jen
Updated. Congrats!!

On March 11, there will be verification of documents only, unless you receive a separate invite for oath on March 11.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,
Appreciate your response on the matter below:
When the local office receives your fingerprint, does the ECAS shows that the FP was received ? if Yes how long usually it takes to see the update online.
Thanks in advance.
Nope, ECAS doesn't show any updates regarding fingerprints, other than when the request was sent (from IRCC to you to do the FP).

Reactions: atakch

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
Updated. Congrats!!

On March 11, there will be verification of documents only, unless you receive a separate invite for oath on March 11.
Oh thank you!

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
HI, she needs to appear for an interview, even though she's exempt from the test. Did you receive the test invite today (dated today) by email ? I thought they would be closed today on account of Family day.
Yes! I just received the email today around 1pm.

Reactions: razerblade

orchids8

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013
She will attend on March 11th to verify her Language ability which is usually done after citizenship test. All the required documents stated in her letter will be verify by the Citizenship Agent during the Interview process. if evrything is ok with her application then she will receive OATH letter by mail or in some cases on the spot.
Thank you! Good to know.