Test Invite -
Test Date -
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

VikaM

Oct 28, 2017
Could someone please update record for VikaM:

(I am not sure when the application became "In Process", I am not if I received a notification)
Invite Sent: Dec 27, 2017
Test Date: Jan 31, 2018

Thank you

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Could someone please update record for VikaM:

(I am not sure when the application became "In Process", I am not if I received a notification)
Invite Sent: Dec 27, 2017
Test Date: Jan 31, 2018

Thank you
Updated and good luck! 3rd line in your ECAS status should indicate when your application started processing ... says something along the lines of "We started processing your application on ....".

VikaM

Oct 28, 2017
Updated and good luck! 3rd line in your ECAS status should indicate when your application started processing ... says something along the lines of "We started processing your application on ....".
Oh, thank you so much! It does say there... it was November 24, 2017, wow. Thank you!!

samisheikh88

Jan 29, 2018
Hi, i applied under 3/5 rule in October. my info is below:

Location - Montreal
App Type - Single
App Mailed - October 14, 2017
App Delivered - October 16, 2017
AOR Received - November 14, 2017
In Process - January 8, 2018
Test Invite - January 26, 2018
Test Date - February 14, 2018
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

I am in a sort of a pickle. I got the invitation via email on January 26, 2018 but today when I got home. I got a letter from CIC which was mailed on January 25, 2018 asking me to do a fingerprint test. Evidently, I went online and checked my application status, and here is what it says:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 14, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2018. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
So my question is, should I ignore the fingerprints or proceed with them? I was under the impression that they only invite you to an interview after your fingerprint tests if you are asked to do so.

Can someone shed some light?

Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Location - Montreal
App Type - Single
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

I am in a sort of a pickle. I got the invitation via email on January 26, 2018 but today when I got home. I got a letter from CIC which was mailed on January 25, 2018 asking me to do a fingerprint test. Evidently, I went online and checked my application status, and here is what it says:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2018. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
So my question is, should I ignore the fingerprints or proceed with them? I was under the impression that they only invite you to an interview after your fingerprint tests if you are asked to do so.

Thanks
Fingerprint request is independent of the interview invite. Getting interview invite does NOT imply that you passed all other checks. Your background check is still in progress and can continue even after the test. You should provide the fingerprints ASAP.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Location - Montreal
App Type - Single
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

Thanks
Added you to global spreadsheet. Below is link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=671336796

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the test invite today ( Jan 26th ) and the test/interview date is Feb. 21, 2018

Please update!
Thanks
@Hanks21,
On your test invite letter, did IRCC mention your name or application number anywhere?
Mine does not mention anything, simply date and time and place.

iFox

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

I moved to Montreal from Toronto three days ago. ECAS is "In Process" since Dec 5th, 2017. I have successfully updated my address in ECAS. Question for those who had the similar situation: Would my moving delay the processing of my application or as long as I have not received an invite, it should be ok? Thank you!

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Please update spreadsheet. Received fingerprint request on Jan 23rd. Will be done on 30th Jan.

Reactions: hime

Preetinder86

Oct 12, 2017

Location - Montreal
App Type - Single
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

Thanks
My question is how do you get that correspondence ? I mean via email or via regular mail ?