+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2017 applicants who have done interview long ago and heard no news since

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Hi

I sent my application in October 2017 and was interviewed and tested in March 2018 and nothing has happened since then.

If you are in the same boat, please leave a message here.

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
I'm in the same situation. And i have already spoke with immigration officer many times and they've always said just wait until October. After October 13 2018, and still i haven't heard anything from cic, then call them back and they will take an action.
I've asked them that if there is any way to speed up the process, please let me know. But same answers to my question.
Ive told and begged them since March that please process the application a little bit faster cuz my niece was born with very rare disease and there is no cure. She is only 2 yrs old and i haven't gone back to see my family for about 3 yrs. As i mentioned, same talks just wait.
My application is still in process. I guess you just have to wait.

Reactions: qorax

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
I'm in the same situation. And i have already spoke with immigration officer many times and they've always said just wait until October. After October 13 2018, and still i haven't heard anything from cic, then call them back and they will take an action.
I've asked them that if there is any way to speed up the process, please let me know. But same answers to my question.
Ive told and begged them since March that please process the application a little bit faster cuz my niece was born with very rare disease and there is no cure. She is only 2 yrs old and i haven't gone back to see my family for about 3 yrs. As i mentioned, same talks just wait.
My application is still in process. I guess you just have to wait.
They don't care about any request. I sent them a letter and a document that definitely proves that I have stayed in Canada during the last 5 years, but they paid no attention at all.

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
They don't care about any request. I sent them a letter and a document that definitely proves that I have stayed in Canada during the last 5 years, but they paid no attention at all.
I know.
What they said to me over and over again was your niece is not Canadian. So that can't be a reason for us to speed up the process at all.
I can't think of anything else, but wait.
Hope they process all October applicants ASAP.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I know.
What they said to me over and over again was your niece is not Canadian. So that can't be a reason for us to speed up the process at all.
I can't think of anything else, but wait.
Hope they process all October applicants ASAP.
Not sure I understand the reason ... Why do you need Canadian citizenship to visit her?

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
Not sure I understand the reason ... Why do you need Canadian citizenship to visit her?
I can visit her and it won't be a problem to IRCC.
But I gotta figure something out as well.
When I had an interview with immigration officer, he told me that I will have a citizenship in September for sure.
So, I plan other things based on this.
If I am gonna attend citizenship ceremony this September as immigration officer said, then it will be all fine.
The problem is that my application is still in process, no change at all since April.
Due to my trade, I go wherever jobs are.
So I usually move around a lot across Canada and the new job is lined up for me in Ontario.
The rumor going around here is no more jobs for my trade workers this fall and there is no jobs for real.
Now I am stuck here in Edmonton till citizenship ceremony ends and now can't make enough money for the trip to Korea.
If I were rich enough, then I would already fly back to see my family. But I'm not.

Reactions: qorax

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I had test on Feb 2017 and I am August Aplicant . I think some officer are so busy . I ask the officer in the interview that my PR has been expired if it take long to get the passport let me know to renew the PR . She told you don't need to do that but I am still in process. I send the web form and waiting for responce

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I’m an October applicant.. did my test back in March as well.. still in IP.
I did a web inquiry last month and it said that they are still checking eligibility requirements. And last time I called they said, my background check is done but they are waiting on my resedency clearance. I been in Canada since 2010 graduated here and been working full time since 2013.

Didn’t think residency and eligibility will take this long but will see.. all we can do is wait and b patient.

Last edited: