File Transfer...
24/10/16
Med's Done....
27/06/16 DM: 06/02/17
Passport Req..
16/03/17
katiejayne said:
Oh great thank you!

So do you get something to keep on you to show you can live and work?

Oh pants, didn't realise it could cause a delay, what's the best thing to do now, shall I just wait until they ask for it as they received everything else today or can I send it once the SA comes through using the cic website and just send the receipt?

Thank you for all your help.
Yeah they send a Certificate Of Permanent Residence in the mail that you take when you land and then they will send you a PR card after that

Hmm I'm not too sure, I think either option would work so probably just whichever you are more comfortable with. I don't think it would be too much of a delay if you waited

xnay

Aug 29, 2016
Medical is shown as passed now. The application number dropped the "X" so it's no longer temporary. I suspect AOR1 notice will be received in the next few days.

A question: in the Google Sheets for October applicants, how did you determine current processing time for your visa office? We are living in South Korea so my wife's application will be processed through Manila once SA is determined.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
xnay said:
Medical is shown as passed now. The application number dropped the "X" so it's no longer temporary. I suspect AOR1 notice will be received in the next few days.

A question: in the Google Sheets for October applicants, how did you determine current processing time for your visa office? We are living in South Korea so my wife's application will be processed through Manila once SA is determined.
Enter your info here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Sanme

Nov 24, 2015
xnay said:

Great news.. When was ur application recieved by cic?

Sanme

Nov 24, 2015
xnay said:
Thanks.

I sent it October 1st and it was received October 3rd.
Nicee. Best of luck with your application. Our application was recieved on 11th and we are still waiting for an update.. :)

katiejayne

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-10-2016
ScaMD said:
Yeah they send a Certificate Of Permanent Residence in the mail that you take when you land and then they will send you a PR card after that

Hmm I'm not too sure, I think either option would work so probably just whichever you are more comfortable with. I don't think it would be too much of a delay if you waited
Thank you! I am just going to wait, once I know which VO it's going to, I may send it then.

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1- 14-11-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2017
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-21-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Copr recieved 3/13/2017
LANDED..........
3/23/2017
Sanme said:
AOR1= Acknowledgement of Receipt. Is when CIC sends you an email notifying you that they received you application.
SA= Sponsor Approval. Is when the sponsor has been approved and they will forward the application to the visa office abroad that will process the applicant.
AOR 2= Acknowledgement of Receipt from Visa Office..is when the visa office abroad notifies you that they have received the application
thanks so much :)

sahotasingh

Oct 27, 2016
Hi there,
i have a Q about my application for permanent residence in Canada.they asked me for criminal record check on june 2nd 2016.I sent my criminal record check on June 6th 2016.I want to know how long its take to get final decision.after i send criminal record check.

queen23

Oct 27, 2016
Hi everyone.

The Sponsorship application of my husband was received by CIC Feb 28. 2016
May 26 2016 He went for his medical exam.
From then on to this date we don't have any updates what is going on to his papers.

Last Monday Oct 24 2016. He received a letter about Pre-arrival service Before arriving Canada.
It's a information only, it doesnt include any letter that the immigration is requesting for his passport to be sent over to Canadian
visa office in Manila.

I am worried and frustrated. What is the sense of letter Pre-arrival services? If that is for info only what's the used of it the info if he has nothing to use it for? where is his passport request letter?
what is the point of sending that info and only applicable only for Canadian and Permanent residents..

Whats the meaning of that? Should we assume now that his papers is all good?

Please advised..thanks