+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2015 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
SassyBee23 said:
Hey all...I haven't been very active on this board since I've submitted my application but I come bearing THE BEST news!
My husband called me this morning...and told me that he received his CoPR in the mail this week!!!
Sure enough, our online status is DECISION MADE!
We applied first week of October, medicals done in June, and only received SA before this!
I am SO thrilled and tomorrow is my birthday, so the news couldn't have come at a better time!!

I wish everyone lucky and speed in this process!
Amazing! Congratulations.
Which country is your husband from?

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
meatball said:
i just received my CSQ from MIDI today feeling so so happy
now waiting for the visa office to react
congrats to all those getting good news
praying for those still expecting
Nice Congrat :) the nest would be the big one :D :D

SassyBee23

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
File Transfer...
12-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR received 05-02-2016
LANDED..........
By June 2016
Snowisland said:
Wow! Congratulations!
I am a week behind you for submitting so hope to get mine soon, too.
Did your husband have to send new immigration photos after they changed the size requirements? I think it was in November.
Thank you!

No, he did not. They used the same ones he sent in on the CoPR.

And i forgot to mention, he's American.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
SassyBee23 said:
Thank you!

Ty. I am American,too. Wishing you the best and enjoy your Valentine Day with your hubby.

detpeg

Oct 20, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
SassyBee23 said:
Hey all...I haven't been very active on this board since I've submitted my application but I come bearing THE BEST news!
My husband called me this morning...and told me that he received his CoPR in the mail this week!!!
We applied first week of October, medicals done in June, and only received SA before this!
I am SO thrilled and tomorrow is my birthday, so the news couldn't have come at a better time!!

Thanks for updating us! Good news for American's. Hopefully I will get the same news soon.
Happy B and V days!

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi guys.who all got ppt,n visa....how long they took for granting visa???Bcz I hv applied on December.plz reply

faisalmohamed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Request
28-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2015
Interview........
28-12-2016 (Phone)
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
SassyBee23 said:
Thank you!

I figured he would be American considering the visa office you were using.

Congratulations! If I'm not mistaken you're the first one to receive COPR in the October Outland thread :D

camie31

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Doc's Request.
13/2/2015
AOR Received.
7/10/2015
Med's Done....
upfront
So I got an email today that I need to redo my fingerprints. We did them a few months ago and I went through the police station. I had looked at the list of channelers since you cant use one and it was all businesses. When I called the police station and asked if they were considered 3rd party channeler they said no. So now I have an email saying I have 16 weeks to redo or it can result in refusal/delay of my application. The time to get the fbi report is 14-16 weeks in itself.

Has anyone had issues with this before I don't understand how the police is not a valid way to do this I filled all the same forms paid the same fee's and waited for it to be mailed back to me. I also don't understand what will be different when I redo this.
Thanks for any help!

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
camie31 said:
So I got an email today that I need to redo my fingerprints. We did them a few months ago and I went through the police station. I had looked at the list of channelers since you cant use one and it was all businesses. When I called the police station and asked if they were considered 3rd party channeler they said no. So now I have an email saying I have 16 weeks to redo or it can result in refusal/delay of my application. The time to get the fbi report is 14-16 weeks in itself.

Has anyone had issues with this before I don't understand how the police is not a valid way to do this I filled all the same forms paid the same fee's and waited for it to be mailed back to me. I also don't understand what will be different when I redo this.
Thanks for any help!
So CIC sent you the email? Did it explain why you needed to redo the FBI report? Getting your fingerprints taken at a Police Dept. should be fine. Is it possible that the FBI report is expired possibly?

camie31

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Doc's Request.
13/2/2015
AOR Received.
7/10/2015
Med's Done....
upfront
They are saying police is a 3rd party channeler since they sent in in for me I did the forms there and wrote the checks and did the ink prints she took it and mailed it.
I cant believe I just cost myself 4 months if not more... I asked at the police station she assured me they have done this for CIC before.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
camie31 said:
They are saying police is a 3rd party channeler since they sent in in for me I did the forms there and wrote the checks and did the ink prints she took it and mailed it.
I cant believe I just cost myself 4 months if not more... I asked at the police station she assured me they have done this for CIC before.
Oh I understand now. I didn't know that they sent it in for you, I haven't heard of this before.

I am really sorry you have to go through this.

HOTW

Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/10/2015
AOR Received.
27-11-2015
File Transfer...
08/12/15
Med's Done....
Upfront
SassyBee23 said:

Is he in the USA? Weare hoping to se3 something soon too! Just wondering if they send it just in The mail as everything so far has been emails and we have had a very similar timeline to yours

camie31

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Doc's Request.
13/2/2015
AOR Received.
7/10/2015
Med's Done....
upfront
TracyCa64 said:
Oh I understand now. I didn't know that they sent it in for you, I haven't heard of this before.

I am really sorry you have to go through this.
Thank you just sucks I have to wait the weekend to get answers. I feel like the police station should be an appropriate way to handle this. According to the FBI "Option 2: Submit your request to an FBI-approved Channeler, which is a private business that has contracted with the FBI to submit your request on your behalf."

Police are not a private business...

My other thought is that I did get it cleared through FBI so I hope perhaps I can call and get a copy mailed to me thats the normal FBI copy not the police one that I have. Its valid for a year and I've not been back to the states since I had this done anyway.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
camie31 said:
Thank you just sucks I have to wait the weekend to get answers. I feel like the police station should be an appropriate way to handle this. According to the FBI "Option 2: Submit your request to an FBI-approved Channeler, which is a private business that has contracted with the FBI to submit your request on your behalf."

Police are not a private business...

My other thought is that I did get it cleared through FBI so I hope perhaps I can call and get a copy mailed to me thats the normal FBI copy not the police one that I have. Its valid for a year and I've not been back to the states since I had this done anyway.

The 3rd party channelers they are talking about are companies that you send your fingerprints to and they do the ACTUAL lookup of your criminal (or lack of) history. They have legal access to the actual FBI database. CIC doesn't allow this because each channeler's PCC is slightly different, and they only accept the actual FBI version.

Now in your case, did the police station mail the prints directly to the FBI? Or, did they somehow do their own FBI check? If they mailed it, what did you put as a return address for the FBI PCC?

It kind of sounds like you have a state criminal check and not the FBI version.

camie31

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-10-2015
Doc's Request.
13/2/2015
AOR Received.
7/10/2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Aquakitty said:
Now in your case, did the police station mail the prints directly to the FBI? Or, did they somehow do their own FBI check? If they mailed it, what did you put as a return address for the FBI PCC?

It kind of sounds like you have a state criminal check and not the FBI version.
The return address was my house. I did the BCI which states that "Ohio did a check" and I also had them send the FBI that one states that" The Federal Bureau of investigations has completed a criminal history and record check."

They are both on similar paper and have the Ohio attorney general stamp on them. The FBI one has it authentication number and also a ICN number as well..... 12.5more hours then I can call the FBI and see if that have it on file and can send me their version and also CIC and try to find out why the police are not suitable to use for this.