+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 PNP CIC Applicants

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
Bincanada said:
I called the call centre today. They said my application is in "Background check" stage and its in Ottawa. Do any of you have any experience with what this means, the call centre agent wouldn't elaborate.
Thats good thing.If your file is on Ottawa that means you application is in last stage and you will get your PPR soon.Good luck

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kris01 said:
Hey guys,
Just an update:
I am an Oct 14th inland applicant, IP since July 13th.
Today I was contacted twice by an officer asking for more information. They first asked for my educational/work history and my plans for the future, and then contacted me again to ask for some clarification.
Well at least I know they are actually processing my file now.
I have been in IP since July 13th as well. But wasn't contacted by anyone .. At least not yet.

All the best.

Kris01

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
harirajmohan said:
Hi, Can we know what documents they asked to submit or the questions they asked both times? Was it a phone call?
They emailed me. I'm a student in Canada, so they asked me about my thesis, publications, source of funding, and also asking at what field I am going to work in the future. The questions were all in a very simple Word document, titled as 'SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA '. They also asked for my CV.

GAGZBIR

Jun 24, 2015
cj231 said:
Anyone got Passport requests for 'In process - July 7th'? I've heard nothing as yet
IP since July7th, nothing after that as well for me,
When was ur application recieved??
I wonder the officer is hibernating in summer :-[???

Kris01

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
ri123 said:
Thats good thing.If your file is on Ottawa that means you application is in last stage and you will get your PPR soon.Good luck
Yes my file is in Ottawa, let's hope for the best. Thanks :)

Kris01

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
ashrafgk said:
I have been in IP since July 13th as well. But wasn't contacted by anyone .. At least not yet.

All the best.
Thanks. Apparently they ask these questions from most students who are studying in Canada. I asked a few of my friends and they all had submitted this information too.

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kris01 said:
Thanks. Apparently they ask these questions from most students who are studying in Canada. I asked a few of my friends and they all had submitted this information too.
I applied as "international student with job offer" .. I got asked questions as part of applying for my nomination. But nothing after I submitted my application to CIC.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Kris01 said:
They emailed me. I'm a student in Canada, so they asked me about my thesis, publications, source of funding, and also asking at what field I am going to work in the future. The questions were all in a very simple Word document, titled as 'SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA '. They also asked for my CV.
Ok. Thanks.

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
Bincanada said:
I called the call centre today. They said my application is in "Background check" stage and its in Ottawa. Do any of you have any experience with what this means, the call centre agent wouldn't elaborate.
its a stage after medical and before RPRF/PRP , it based on your travel history . if you stayed outside your home country for more than 6 months other than canada , they do verify your background/security from those countries too which may take time. if everything is positive you get your RPRF/PPR request ...

Flying L

Jul 20, 2015
ri123 said:
My lawyer told me 'the additional documents have been submitted to the Case Processing Centre, Ottawa.'
That means my application is also in the last stage?

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
Flying L said:
My lawyer told me 'the additional documents have been submitted to the Case Processing Centre, Ottawa.'
That means my application is also in the last stage?

Yes :) , Now you will get RPRF/PPR request soon .

Flying L

Jul 20, 2015
NewtoPR said:
Yes :) , Now you will get RPRF/PPR request soon .
Wow.. Thank you. Im already excited :0
I will post if i got something new.

+ im October 20 applicant, paid RPRF July 1 and got ip July 21.