26-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st: 06-11-2014 2nd: 29-09-2015
Interview........
DM: 10-11-2015
Have any october applicants heard from london visa office? Thanks

Bilnupe

Jul 27, 2015
Hello i don't know what's goin on i check my ecas and still nothing but 2 same things that was always there. 1..receive application 2..medicals receive. No email or call from CIC. Should i call them?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Bilnupe said:
Hello i don't know what's goin on i check my ecas and still nothing but 2 same things that was always there. 1..receive application 2..medicals receive. No email or call from CIC. Should i call them?
Whats your visa office? because that will impact on the time it takes

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Got remedical request yesterday. They also stated that background check is still outstanding.

God knows what outstanding means and how many more months it's gonna take.

Nras1923

Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone!
I've been silent on here ever since I received SA back in Dec 2014 as I had no update to post :(
However, last night my husband received an email from LVO asking for:
- Marriage Certificate
- Urdu Nikkah Nama with translation.

We sent both of these with our application and our Nikkah Nama was already in English so there was no translation. What I'm asking is, what should I do now as both the above mentioned docs were originals that we sent them.
And does this doc request mean that they are working on the file? What would their next step be? The medical expired in May, when would they ask for another?

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
Nras1923 said:
Hi everyone!
I've been silent on here ever since I received SA back in Dec 2014 as I had no update to post :(
However, last night my husband received an email from LVO asking for:
- Marriage Certificate
- Urdu Nikkah Nama with translation.

We sent both of these with our application and our Nikkah Nama was already in English so there was no translation. What I'm asking is, what should I do now as both the above mentioned docs were originals that we sent them.
And does this doc request mean that they are working on the file? What would their next step be? The medical expired in May, when would they ask for another?
1: marriage certificate (Nadra) is in both English and Urdu. if you have submitted original , you may contact with Nadra to get marriage certificate again.
2: Pakistani Nikkah naama, (bigger than legal size, should be in Urdu), husband and wife should have 2 original copies (1 for each).
As i know it is only in Urdu, therefore required Translation. Translation should be attested and Notorized. more over a cover letter from authorized could be included.

your above documents might not be translated as per their requirement
3: to get insight about next step , u better visit Pakistani applicants LVO thread.

shm17

Jul 14, 2014
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help. We're still waiting on my wife's residency to come through. We submitted in October and got SA approval beginning of January. She's been living in Canada during this time, but we've had her on a visitor visa while she's been here (she can get an Alberta Health Card if she's here as a visitor). She is American and is planning on visiting her family in Kentucky soon. She'll be there about a month. During that time, her visa will expire. We're hoping her residency comes soon, so we'd rather not pay the money to renew her visa. If we don't renew her visa, will she have any trouble returning to Canada?

Also, on a separate note, have people had success at speeding up their application through contacting their MP? Do you all think it's worth it?

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Shm17, I too am American and am waiting for my PR to come through, spouse approved at the end of December so our timeline is very close to yours. I have been here in Canada as well. We used a consultant for the process as my husband does not like paperwork and stresses over it to an overwhelming degree. Our consultant has told me more than once that as long as I leave even for a day before the 6 month visitor status time frame allowed is over then the status can be started over again without having to pay anything. I have been in Canada for nearly 2 years. The first time the 6 months was over I was not able to leave until just after that time so we did do an extension and I got a year even though I asked only for 6 months. The second time we knew we were not planning to leave anytime soon so I knew I needed to extend my status again. That time the consultant said why don't you ask for 2 years just in case for some reason you PR application isn't done yet. I did that and got 2 years. I assume it is because I was able to prove my husband was approved as my sponsor. All that to say, I am sure your wife will have no issue coming back in and she could stay another 6 months without worrying. I would suggest though that she has with her your wedding certificate and a printout of your approval letter that shows intent and that the process is well on the way to being done.

Good luck and maybe her PR will be approved before she leaves :)

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received DM for my 12 year old step-son.

Applied Oct 27/2014
SA Feb 17/15
Additional documents request - July 28/15
In process - July 30, 2015
DM - Aug 4, 2015

I never did see it "in process" on ECAS. Yesterday I checked and it still said "Application received."

This morning - those beautiful words - "Decision Made"!

Best of luck to all the remaining October applicants!!

Divyanjali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
14 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
19 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Remed 21st september
Med's Done....
1 August 2014
Interview........
Inprocess since 14th august
figtoria said:
Just received DM for my 12 year old step-son.

Applied Oct 27/2014
SA Feb 17/15
Additional documents request - July 28/15
In process - July 30, 2015
DM - Aug 4, 2015

I never did see it "in process" on ECAS. Yesterday I checked and it still said "Application received."

This morning - those beautiful words - "Decision Made"!

Congratulations

Best of luck to all the remaining October applicants!!

Nras1923

Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone!
on July 31, My husband was asked by LVO to send in requested additional documents of: Marriage Certificate and Urdu Nikkah Nama with translations. since our Nikkah was done using the English Nikkah nama, we sent in a cover letter explaining that along with the documents. (Although we already sent both with our app)

today, my husband was contacted by Delhi medical to to do a re-medical, Alhamdullilah.

can someone tell me what will happen next? Do they ask for additional docs as they go on or all at once?
What is the next step in this process?

Lyndagiffen

Jan 15, 2014
Hi Troops,
We're October applicants (sponsoring my husband family class outland, applying from the UK but being processed by CPC Ottawa).
Application was received by CIC October 16th 2014, got SA in Dec 2014.
After months of no news, no contact and 'Application Received' under the PR status on CIC website, I checked this evening and CIC website now reads 'Decision Made' under the PR application status!!!!
I'm hoping this is good news..? CIC website gives precious little information.
Anyhow, does anyone know what happens next and how long it takes (days, weeks, months..?) (Do they email, send something in the mail...?) Our medical will expire on September 19th so we're really hoping he can enter Canada before then.
Grateful for anyone who has more info.
Thanks all!
Wishing everyone good luck and speedy decisions
Lynda

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
Lyndagiffen said:
Hi Troops,
We're October applicants (sponsoring my husband family class outland, applying from the UK but being processed by CPC Ottawa).
Application was received by CIC October 16th 2014, got SA in Dec 2014.
After months of no news, no contact and 'Application Received' under the PR status on CIC website, I checked this evening and CIC website now reads 'Decision Made' under the PR application status!!!!
I'm hoping this is good news..? CIC website gives precious little information.
Anyhow, does anyone know what happens next and how long it takes (days, weeks, months..?) (Do they email, send something in the mail...?) Our medical will expire on September 19th so we're really hoping he can enter Canada before then.
Grateful for anyone who has more info.
Thanks all!
Wishing everyone good luck and speedy decisions
Lynda
Congratulations Lynda. 99,99% it's a good decision. Are you and your spouse living in the UK right now?
If so: you can expect an email from Ottawa that you have to submit a photo copy of your passport and 2 photo's which you've to send to the London VO. If you're living in Canada, you're COPR will be send to your home address. They will send it by snail mail!

Lyndagiffen

Jan 15, 2014
Hi there!
Thanks very much Mulez, hopeful all is well. We did apply as outland from the UK and were living there together until July, but on completion of our house sale in the UK, I have come ahead to Canada with our kids. My husband has remained in the UK awaiting his COPR... Do you know if they will let us both know about the outcome, or will they just let my husband know directly?
Anyhow, thanks again!
Lynda

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
Lyndagiffen said:
Hi there!
Thanks very much Mulez, hopeful all is well. We did apply as outland from the UK and were living there together until July, but on completion of our house sale in the UK, I have come ahead to Canada with our kids. My husband has remained in the UK awaiting his COPR... Do you know if they will let us both know about the outcome, or will they just let my husband know directly?
Anyhow, thanks again!
Lynda
Okay. What post address shows ECAS? If the address is in Canada, you can expect your COPR send to your Canadian address, otherwise, your husband will receive an email from the Ottawa VO, and Londen will take care of the rest.