New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
draxz1289 said:
I am a PR. Does that make a difference?
I found this on the NDVO 2014 thread "a canadian citizen can travel outside canada at any point. he/she can actually apply from outside canada. a pr must remain in canada, until he/she gets sponsorship approval. and then there is no clear cut guideline on the timeframe of how long one can be outside canada. when the applicant lands in canada it is advisable that the sponsor is also travelling with him/her or is already in canada. but there is no way an immigration officer can find out if the sponsor is in canada or not if the applicant does not disclose it. but the sponsor not being in canada when the applicant lands is basically unheard of.

bottomline if u r a PR travel after u get sa. if u r a citizen u can travel anytime. moreover when a pr or a citizen returns to canada now-a-days, its all mechanised. u don't need to meet any cbsa official under ordinay circumstances. at least that was the case with me. hope this helps.
."

tannygirl

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2014
AOR Received.
03/01/2015 SA................: 13/01/2015
File Transfer...
13/01/2015 AOR2.............: 01/02/2015
Med's Request
21/08/2015
Med's Done....
28/01/2014 Re-medical Done: 25/08/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/11/2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
Hi everyone,

Nice to see that people are getting their SAs. Congratulations to all those who've got it! Hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly for you all.. :)

I'm on day 65 and trying really really hard to stay positive.

My husband has been calling the helpline every chance he gets but there's always a high volume so he can't get through to them. :-X

My submission date was 10/10/2014 and the website says they're working on 14/10/2014-
It's getting increasingly difficult to wait. :'(

Any suggestions on what I can do?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
tannygirl said:
Hi everyone,

Nice to see that people are getting their SAs. Congratulations to all those who've got it! Hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly for you all.. :)

I'm on day 65 and trying really really hard to stay positive.

My husband has been calling the helpline every chance he gets but there's always a high volume so he can't get through to them. :-X

My submission date was 10/10/2014 and the website says they're working on 14/10/2014-
It's getting increasingly difficult to wait. :'(

Any suggestions on what I can do?
Hang in there, I am sure you will get it this week. Not sure if you saw my previous post on how to reach an agent quickly.

Call right before 8AM and then press 2-1-1-0, my wait time is usually 1min.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
CLYL said:
I found this on the NDVO 2014 thread "a canadian citizen can travel outside canada at any point. he/she can actually apply from outside canada. a pr must remain in canada, until he/she gets sponsorship approval. and then there is no clear cut guideline on the timeframe of how long one can be outside canada. when the applicant lands in canada it is advisable that the sponsor is also travelling with him/her or is already in canada. but there is no way an immigration officer can find out if the sponsor is in canada or not if the applicant does not disclose it. but the sponsor not being in canada when the applicant lands is basically unheard of.

bottomline if u r a PR travel after u get sa. if u r a citizen u can travel anytime. moreover when a pr or a citizen returns to canada now-a-days, its all mechanised. u don't need to meet any cbsa official under ordinay circumstances. at least that was the case with me. hope this helps.
."
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am confused too there is no clear cut answer, from what I read the sponsor has to be in the country when the applicant lands and it is advisable as you mentioned to be in the country while being SA. I am travelling second week of Feb and we are hoping to have the SA by this month end.

I will ask in the main forum to see if anyone else have an opinion

Nras1923

Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to give my information to add to the spreadsheet.
Application sent: October 7th, 2014
Application received in Mississauga: October 9th, 2014
AOR: December 6th, 2014
SA: December 10th, 2014
Has been sent for further processing to LVO.

If you need anything else, let me know! :)

dafodils2

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
MaryL said:
My husband and I sent our app in September. They received it 9-12-2014. Got an email dated 10-21-14 from CIC requesting yet another marriage document and more proof of relationship. I have been to Morocco three times. Typically I stay one month and about ten days. This year I stay January 13 to July 29 for marriage and celebration, small trips and visiting with husband and family. And from 10-4-14 to 11-09-14. My third trip, and planning another in early January 2015.
We send scan copy of Arabic, and more current tri photos, my recent itinerary as I was there at time of email. And our lawyer send a copy of translated marriage document. Originally back in September he was to send a photocopy of Arabic and original translated. Not sure if I can believe who sent or who didn't receive. Now we been waiting 53 days as of today. I am thinking now the week of Christmas we may get SA. If you count from 12-09-14 it's been 92 days. Anyone on here have similar experience or offer any insight? Should I stay in this group or join September? In September 2014 group I read about people calling. I was aware CPC-M could not be contacted. What's up with that? Thank you and good luck to all!
Hi, My application was received at CPC-M on 28 August, 2014. We received an email from CPC-M on 02 October, 2014 asking as to submit the latest version of forms filled as few forms we submitted were old versions. As per courier tracking info, new forms are received at CPC-M on 04 Nov, 2014. And we have not received AOR and SA yet.

As per CIC status, CIC is working on Apps received on 14, Oct 2014. I think CIC will mark an app is received only when all its forms, documents, fees etc are received. Hence my complete application package is received only on 04 Nov, 2014 and CIC is supposed to start working on it by 02-05, January 2015 (as per the current 58 days processing time).

So we are expecting AOR and SA between 02 and 05, January 2015.

You can find your approximate AOR and SA dates by adding 58 to the date on complete application package is received.

dafodils2

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
draxz1289 said:
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am confused too there is no clear cut answer, from what I read the sponsor has to be in the country when the applicant lands and it is advisable as you mentioned to be in the country while being SA. I am travelling second week of Feb and we are hoping to have the SA by this month end.

I will ask in the main forum to see if anyone else have an opinion
Canadian citizens can sponsor spouse while he/she is in another country and need not be in Canada till spouse's visa processing reaches the last stage. But to get issued the PR for the spouse, both Canadian citizen and spouse must prove that they are planning to live in Canada once spouse PR is proved. A job offer, property/house/rental/lease agreement, etc..., n the name of both citizen and spouse can be used to prove the intention.

In case of PR, its advised to be in Canada from the day of application submission to Sponsorship approval. I think once the SA is issued, the sponsor can leave Canada. But how long? For sure it's not life long...........As per PR rules, a PR must be in Canada for at least 730 days (need not be continuous) in 5 years, from the day his/her PR is issued. Otherwise sponsors PR gets cancelled.

Either sponsor must be in Canada or must land with the applicant as its Sponsor's duty to provide support to new PR (here applicant-the spouse).

dafodils2

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,

My wife (Sponsor-Spouse visa) is a Canadian Permanent resident and an Indian Citizen, currently working and living in Canada. We got married one year ago and I am an Indian citizen living in India.

My wife submitted spouse sponsorship application package at Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Canada. We are expecting acknowledgement (AOR and SA) from CPC, Mississauga soon. As per the information I got, the application package will be forwarded to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, India, where it will be processed. (current processing time 15 months)

My questions are:

Should my wife (Canada permanent resident- sponsor) live in Canada, until my visa is approved by Canada High Commission, New Delhi, India?

After obtaining AOR and SA from Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Can she leave Canada and live with me in India for one year / until my visa is approved?

What is the maximum period a PR sponsor can live outside Canada without making any delay in spouse sponsorship? (After submitting a spouse visa application at Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Canada and obtaining sponsorship approval)

Can we both go and live in Canada after my spouse visa is approved?

Will there be any delay in processing spouse visa if the sponsor (Canada permanent resident) is not living in Canada? (We can inform CIC about sponsor's address change)

Thanks & Regards,

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
I was going through the October spread sheet and it seems like the application for SA are going in good order according to the October spreadsheet.
But whats up with newgirl1, ChrisCK, fab, Tannygirl, mona2014 that you guys haven't even received an AOR either. I know a few of you guys are active on this forum while as a couple of you never post. Is there any reason you guys haven't heard back because you are past the SA processing times especially newgirl1 which is October 1, application received. I posted this to see if you guys had any updates as to why you guys haven't received anything.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Thank you dafodils2, I was thinking of just using the average from the October spreadsheet. Which is 55 days. So we should be receiving an email before or after Christmas. Ideally this week would be nice. I do not know how to add to spreadsheet. Am on a Samsung...
app recvd 12-09
request from CIC 21-10
info recvd 27-10
medical done 27-08
visa office Rabat

dafodils2

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
New Delhi - 2015 Spousal Visa Applicants,

I am creating a new WhatsApp group of New Delhi - 2015 Spousal Visa Applicants for important discussions.

For membership, personal message me your cellphone number ( +countrycode - number format) or post here.

New Delhi - 2015 Spousal Visa Applicants timeline spreadsheet at http://tinyurl.com/m58s2qb

Good luck to all !!

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
rays17026 said:
I was going through the October spread sheet and it seems like the application for SA are going in good order according to the October spreadsheet.
But whats up with newgirl1, ChrisCK, fab, Tannygirl, mona2014 that you guys haven't even received an AOR either. I know a few of you guys are active on this forum while as a couple of you never post. Is there any reason you guys haven't heard back because you are past the SA processing times especially newgirl1 which is October 1, application received. I posted this to see if you guys had any updates as to why you guys haven't received anything.
I have NO Idea why I havent heard from CIC. Everytime I call them they say they can't give me any information as they have not started processing my application. And that they don't have anymore information besides that. As I said before I originally applied at the end of August 1 time I heard anything from CIC was September 25 requesting an update form, that was delivered October 1. No information after that :(

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
dafodils2 said:
Hi,

My wife (Sponsor-Spouse visa) is a Canadian Permanent resident and an Indian Citizen, currently working and living in Canada. We got married one year ago and I am an Indian citizen living in India.

My wife submitted spouse sponsorship application package at Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Canada. We are expecting acknowledgement (AOR and SA) from CPC, Mississauga soon. As per the information I got, the application package will be forwarded to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, India, where it will be processed. (current processing time 15 months)

My questions are:

Should my wife (Canada permanent resident- sponsor) live in Canada, until my visa is approved by Canada High Commission, New Delhi, India?

This goes back to my original question, from what I read and gathered a PR sponsor should be in the country to apply and its ok to go visit the applicant or go on holiday as per the usual Canadian "allowed" work holiday limit which is 2 weeks a year.

After obtaining AOR and SA from Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Can she leave Canada and live with me in India for one year / until my visa is approved?

The sponsor should be in the country at all times unless its the above mentioned holiday

What is the maximum period a PR sponsor can live outside Canada without making any delay in spouse sponsorship? (After submitting a spouse visa application at Case Processing Centre, Mississauga, Canada and obtaining sponsorship approval)

Can we both go and live in Canada after my spouse visa is approved?

Are you asking about the PR? If yes then, isnt it the whole point of getting the PR to be with your partner :)

Will there be any delay in processing spouse visa if the sponsor (Canada permanent resident) is not living in Canada? (We can inform CIC about sponsor's address change)

As mentioned, the sponsor needs to be in Canada

Thanks & Regards,

As you mentioned people are usually free to travel for two weeks after SA. I am going to call CIC in the morning and will update the thread after

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
newgirl1 said:
I have NO Idea why I havent heard from CIC. Everytime I call them they say they can't give me any information as they have not started processing my application. And that they don't have anymore information besides that. As I said before I originally applied at the end of August 1 time I heard anything from CIC was September 25 requesting an update form, that was delivered October 1. No information after that :(
From what I see from others, applicants who had applied in Aug are still waiting for SA unfortunately :(

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
draxz1289 said:
From what I see from others, applicants who had applied in Aug are still waiting for SA unfortunately :(
According to the August spreadsheet most ppl have already received SA, very few who haven't or maybe they haven't updated the spreadsheet?https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tmB26SMYyE1hZoJoRqp7Vuw/htmlview?pli=1#