Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
This is day 80 for my husband and I. App received October 28, have received nothing.
Congrats to all

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
I have lost hope of anything happening. I'm at 86 days and no SA and I had an AOR email 12 days ago and nothing after that. How long after AOR can we expect an SA. None of the thread members got SA last week only AOR and this week it seems like no AOR or SA for anyone. What to do.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hey guys I got this email at 8:47 AM

UCI: XXXX
Application No.: XXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear XXX
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/28 on behalf of the following member(s):
XXXX

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.
You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.
Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
I am getting bit nervous...Appl reached Oct 22, and nothing yet.

Can somebody please share the number to call. I think as a sponsor I can cal for my 2yr old daughter.

Thanks in Advance!!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
rays17026 said:
I have lost hope of anything happening. I'm at 86 days and no SA and I had an AOR email 12 days ago and nothing after that. How long after AOR can we expect an SA. None of the thread members got SA last week only AOR and this week it seems like no AOR or SA for anyone. What to do.
Don't give up. Not now, not ever.

Usually SA is from 2 hours to couple of days after receiving AOR unfortunately its taking much long due to the holidays and them being back loved due to it. I think you can call and ask them but you might not get a response from them.

You should hear back this week.

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
quasar81 said:
I am getting bit nervous...Appl reached Oct 22, and nothing yet.

Can somebody please share the number to call. I think as a sponsor I can cal for my 2yr old daughter.

Thanks in Advance!!
You can call them at 1-888-242‑2100. Most of the times it will disconnect your call saying there are too many callers, but keep trying. My application reached on Oct 22nd as well.
I called them last week. On tuesday they told me they dont have any information yet, call back in 2 weeks. The impatient person I am, I called again on thursday and got a verbal AOR over the phone this time with a temp file number. Then last saturday I got an email AOR as well around 2pm. Nothing after that though.
I would suggest, call and find out.

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 January 9 AOR2 March 3
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 2014/RE-MEDS DONE OCT 2015
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:

Dear XXX
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/28 on behalf of the following member(s):
XXXX

You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.
What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC's website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.
You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.
Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Congratulations :D

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:

Dear XXX
XXXX

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC's website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
By any chance did u get a file number?

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
quasar81 said:
Thanks.....

I donot have a UCI, what else should i keep handy when i call. Passport numbers, etc?
They will ask for your name, dob, date when application should have been received etc...pretty standard stuff

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
It was one thing that Mississauga was slow over the holidays. But now I'm beginning to think they shouldn't be laying off employees because it's becoming quite apparent that they can't handle the processing of the 5000 parent sponsorship applications, along with the regular load of spousal sponsorship.

What else is handled there? Is the Express Entry program being processed through there too?

Something tells me the days of the 6-8 month Visa's are done and will never be seen again. I just wish CIC had some semblance of consistency.

My negative Nancy, having a bad day vent is done.... :mad:

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
is anyone able to see the status online with their AOR, UCI number?

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
bhkr0008 said:
is anyone able to see the status online with their AOR, UCI number?
Not yet. I was under the impression this only works after you get the SA. I might be wrong.

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
gigalu said:
Not yet. I was under the impression this only works after you get the SA. I might be wrong.
I stand corrected. I have only received AOR so far and just checked the status of my application online and I do see the status. It says :

Sponsored Person: (my wife's name)
Sponsorship Application Status: Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
gigalu said:
I stand corrected. I have only received AOR so far and just checked the status of my application online and I do see the status. It says :

Sponsored Person: (my wife's name)
Sponsorship Application Status: Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received
Yes, same here i can see the status online with the same info application received for my husband..
so when it says the Permanent Residence Application Status is that from VO?