Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
CrazyCatLady they only give 90 days to submit FBI clearance. You will have to email them back and tell them you are now submitting a request to the FBI and because their timeline is now 14+weeks you need an extension on the 90day timeframe Ottawa gives for the FBI report.

I did the same when they lost my FBI report. I told them if they wanted me to order a new one they would have to give me more time.

ashia

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
draxz1289 said:
congrats you guys saria1 and Ashia.. Welcome welcome
Thanks drax and congrats saria :)

Yes, waiting for copr now, however i heard my VO does not send it right away, they ask me to pay for courier first... So i am waiting for email, waiting very much..

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
I'm gonna have a word with the person we hired to help us do our paperwork...very strong words. Thank you so much Saria1 and Mariac819. And we were so close :/

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
CrazyCatLady said:
I'm gonna have a word with the person we hired to help us do our paperwork...very strong words. Thank you so much Saria1 and Mariac819. And we were so close :/
I am so sorry to hear that you hired someone and they still didn't do it correctly.

I couldn't bring myself to pay a lawyer. They are so overpriced. I actually told one of them that they were a bunch of thieves taking advantage of people in need.

It wasn't easy but I managed to figure it all out and send a complete application then CIC went and lost 80% of it! LOL... So you know what hun, you never know what can happen!

I, however, would report this person for giving you the wrong information and for not doing your application correctly. ESPECIALLY if you paid them.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
CrazyCatLady said:
Maybe you can use your strong words by taking that person to small claims court and get your money back. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
CrazyCatLady said:
Yes, you should. If they are a member of the regulatory board (which they should be if they were accepting money), then you absolutely should file a complaint. Fortunately this is only a delay to your application.

shishkabobs

Oct 25, 2014
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
fabibeach said:
Four weeks ago I sent my passport to Visa Ofiice and still have not received it back.
Along with passport request, I received a letter saying I had to land in Canada before August 19th and that they would take 2 to 3 weeks before they returned my passport, but today is four weeks without hearing from them.
I sent email asking and they didn´t reply.
Ecas still says In Process.
Anyone has any comments about this?
I just want to be done with this and have my passport back! :´(
Hey, have you got it back yet! DON'T WORRY. We got the email telling us to send the passport for them to put the visa in, and that we had to arrive before September. The email said we could pick the passport with the visa back up in 5 business days. So we sent it in by courier then booked train tickets to the capital for the next week... But in fact, it wasn't ready until 7 WEEKS later. We for sure thought something had gone wrong and were very panicked, but they did eventually get around to it. An inconvenience to be sure, but at least you know it's coming eventually. Hang in there! ???

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
shishkabobs said:
Hey, have you got it back yet! DON'T WORRY. We got the email telling us to send the passport for them to put the visa in, and that we had to arrive before September. The email said we could pick the passport with the visa back up in 5 business days. So we sent it in by courier then booked train tickets to the capital for the next week... But in fact, it wasn't ready until 7 WEEKS later. We for sure thought something had gone wrong and were very panicked, but they did eventually get around to it. An inconvenience to be sure, but at least you know it's coming eventually. Hang in there! ???
OMG no I haven´t. This last tuesday was 5 weeks since I sent passport and has not been returned yet.
The did reply to one of my emails and said the application was still in finalization process and please be patient and please keep my correspondence to a minimum -LOL.
So yes, I am waiting and try to relax but honestly I am panicking!
Here are some questions I have:
- PPR letter does not exactly says I have been approved.....it only says phrases like: "the processing of your application for PR in Canada is ALMOST COMPLETE", "Before a visa can be issued we require the following: Original passport for each APPROVED APPLICANT", "Your visa will expire on 2015/08/19", "Please note that you MUST TRAVEL to Canada within the validity of your visa".......so, all these means I am being approved or still can be denied after Passport has been requested???
- Will they let me know when they send it?
- What could be taking them so long? Another applicant from my same Visa Office got PPR on June 2nd (I got mine on May 8th) and his status changed yesterday to DM.......so it is hard not to freak out!!!
- Can they still request for some more documentation? Like, could they be second guessing if a visa should be granted to me or not??

OMG......too stressful from day one til now......
Thanks for sharing your experience though....I know I have to wait, it is just too hard to be calm and relaxed now.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
fabibeach said:
OMG no I haven´t. This last tuesday was 5 weeks since I sent passport and has not been returned yet.
The did reply to one of my emails and said the application was still in finalization process and please be patient and please keep my correspondence to a minimum -LOL.
- PPR letter does not exactly says I have been approved.....it only says phrases like: "the processing of your application for PR in Canada is ALMOST COMPLETE", "Before a visa can be issued we require the following: Original passport for each APPROVED APPLICANT", "Your visa will expire on 2015/08/19", "Please note that you MUST TRAVEL to Canada within the validity of your visa".......so, all these means I am being approved or still can be denied after Passport has been requested???
- What could be taking them so long? Another applicant from my same Visa Office got PPR on June 2nd (I got mine on May 8th) and his status changed yesterday to DM.......so it is hard not to freak out!!!
- Can they still request for some more documentation? Like, could they be second guessing if a visa should be granted to me or not??

Thanks for sharing your experience though....I know I have to wait, it is just too hard to be calm and relaxed now.
This "Your visa will expire on 2015/08/19" is your key that you've been approved. It's just a matter of them finalizing it. Obviously it requires a lot of effort to stamp your passport ;D

The change in eCAS is all based on the VO you got.

In all seriousness, and not being goofy. I hope your passport arrives soon. I don't think anyone is going to fully take a deep relaxing breath until the landing is complete.

shishkabobs

Oct 25, 2014
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
fabibeach said:

As mentioned above, they're definitely granting you a visa if they've already stated its validity! Don't worry!
We kept asking our VO what was causing the delay - why they would tell us 5 business days if it could be 2 months. They said they were waiting for the confirmation from the Canadian side, and that it was just a formality, and not to worry. They guessed that the unexpected delay might have been caused by having to process our change from common-law to married partway through the application (which we had notified them of when it happened). So, perhaps if anything changed with you (address, marital status ??? ) that could account for the delay? Or just random slowness.

PS - we have a visa and it still hasn't changed to "Decision Made" so... don't get hung up on ecas!

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
shishkabobs said:
As mentioned above, they're definitely granting you a visa if they've already stated its validity! Don't worry!
We kept asking our VO what was causing the delay - why they would tell us 5 business days if it could be 2 months. They said they were waiting for the confirmation from the Canadian side, and that it was just a formality, and not to worry. They guessed that the unexpected delay might have been caused by having to process our change from common-law to married partway through the application (which we had notified them of when it happened). So, perhaps if anything changed with you (address, marital status ??? ) that could account for the delay? Or just random slowness.

PS - we have a visa and it still hasn't changed to "Decision Made" so... don't get hung up on ecas!
Wow, thanks a lot Saria1 and Shishkabobs.
Yes we also started application as common-law and then got married during the process which we have also notified them when this happened.
Wow, that´s really great news.
I will definitely try to relax and keep planning my landing before August 19th.
Thank you so much, those were encouraging words from you both.
:D

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
Mariac819 said:
I am so sorry to hear that you hired someone and they still didn't do it correctly.

I couldn't bring myself to pay a lawyer. They are so overpriced. I actually told one of them that they were a bunch of thieves taking advantage of people in need.

It wasn't easy but I managed to figure it all out and send a complete application then CIC went and lost 80% of it! LOL... So you know what hun, you never know what can happen!

I, however, would report this person for giving you the wrong information and for not doing your application correctly. ESPECIALLY if you paid them.

80%?! That is an atrocity!!! I thank you for your sympathy, but you have mine as well. Unbelievable.

We are definitely reporting this dbag and we are getting our hard earned money back.

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
saria1 said:
Maybe you can use your strong words by taking that person to small claims court and get your money back. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.
Yes possibly, although I might just deck him in the face myself....strong words included :)
Thank you Saria, it was definitely not what we needed.

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
saria1 said:
Your welcome!

Make sure the one PDF under 5 MB rule is passed onto your husband too. Thats all stuff you can email, mail and if you want, just to cover all your bases, fax it in too. Good luck!
Do I have to label them all with dates, location, who is in the photo, etc.?