+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICANTS... join here!

Nuri

Jul 5, 2013
Hello everybody

I am from Argentina, but i am living here as common law with my boyfriend, we have already a year living together, in Toronto. I have been here most of this time, but back and forth every 2-3 month, only there a week or so. He is separed (they did the legally agrement, but they are not divorce yet). Im here as Tourist.

We are completing the form for spousal Sponsorship and we will be submitting our application by 20th October, I have a few questions I need please your help.

We will present the forms as Outland, (because I need to go to Argentina while we do this process )

1 - In the Table of Sposorship of spouse for Argentina does not ask for FORM 5409 about DECLARATION OF COMMON LAW UNION
But im in a Common Law since a year, So Should we complete the form?? If so it needs to be signed by a Notary ?

He can sponsor me becouse we are in a common law for more than a year now, We can apply Outland anyway right?

2 - if we complete the Form 5409 (I think its important to complete becouse I was here. and a have lots things we can prove)
How should i complete the other form IMM 0008 On question Number 10 Current Country Of Residence?? Argentina or Canada?? Status ??? Becouse Legally i am argentinian Resident but, I was here in Canada taking courses of English and living with him.

3- Also on IMM 0008 Question Number 13 A Current Marital Status should i said In Common- Law ? In Canada? or just i should say SINGLE, Date of Common Law start ?? Is when I came here to start to live with him when we sign a Agreement Lease???

4- Contact Information Should be in Canada ?? Where im now, or Should be in Argentina, Becouse Im here as Tourist, but in a month i will be back for maybe a week or so. Could be one mailing address Argentina and residencial in Canada??

Sorry but this became confused, Or Could be a good idea, only complete with my address from Argentina, but in a other paper explain that im here ??

Because if I'm supposed to live in a common law, i am not there as a single, please help me!

Also i wanted to say, I have done already my medical exams, criminal records, etc, etc. and i have been translated them here legally.

Thanks a lot in advance.

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014 (Passport Received by CEM 20-05-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
princessice said:
hi everyone, my husband and I will be submitting our application by third week of october. He will be sponsoring me by the way :) I was reading back on several posts in other topics and i keep on seeing time lines and how come most time lines reflect that the medical was already completed prior to submission? Do you guys receive medical requests at once? ??? Hope to hear from one of you :)

yes princessice, medical should be done first before submitting the application its part of the process for Spouse Sponsorship.. You should send application with complete requirements to avoid delays in reviewing your papers. :D :D

osdamour

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013 SA 03-05-2013 CSQ received 21-06-2013
File Transfer...
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Passport Req..
04-03-2014 Passport sent: 12-03-2014 Received @ VO : 18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014 Passport in hand : 07-04-2014
LANDED..........
06-05-2014
Hi and congrats to all sent off applications. There is no october 2013 outland spreasheet by now. But I will make one after i get off from work.

To be able to put your timeline on your profile you must have 10 posts then you become a member.

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
geedsey20 said:
yes princessice, medical should be done first before submitting the application its part of the process for Spouse Sponsorship.. You should send application with complete requirements to avoid delays in reviewing your papers. :D :D
thanks for your response geedsey20 ;D I see,that means i don't need a referral letter from the embassy right? I even booked a consultation with an immigration visa processing org just to make sure I answered the forms correctly :) :D

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
princessice said:
hi everyone, my husband and I will be submitting our application by third week of october. He will be sponsoring me by the way :) I was reading back on several posts in other topics and i keep on seeing time lines and how come most time lines reflect that the medical was already completed prior to submission? Do you guys receive medical requests at once? ??? Hope to hear from one of you :)
These days they a lot of hospitals do an e-medical which they send directly to Canada Immigration. If you do the medical before you send in your application you can get an e-medical paper. Supposedly it can speed up the processing time so they don't need to request it later. Check with the hospital you plan to get your medicals done at.

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
oh and another thing, which clinic in manila is best recommended for medical? i've searched one in trafalgar and the other three at St. Luke's extension in Ermita Manila... Initially i thought the one in Makati is better but i'm having a hard time calling them for the requirements I figured if i chose that clinic they are much nearer to the Canadian embassy....(lol...just making assumptions...hoping the results will be forwarded immediately lol.....) which would you men and ladies recommend?

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
CanAsian said:
These days they a lot of hospitals do an e-medical which they send directly to Canada Immigration. If you do the medical before you send in your application you can get an e-medical paper. Supposedly it can speed up the processing time so they don't need to request it later. Check with the hospital you plan to get your medicals done at.
Thanks for the response CanAsian :)

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
princessice said:
oh and another thing, which clinic in manila is best recommended for medical? i've searched one in trafalgar and the other three at St. Luke's extension in Ermita Manila... Initially i thought the one in Makati is better but i'm having a hard time calling them for the requirements I figured if i chose that clinic they are much nearer to the Canadian embassy....(lol...just making assumptions...hoping the results will be forwarded immediately lol.....) which would you men and ladies recommend?
i went to IOM (trafalgar bldg.,Makati) for my medical. I made an arrangement first with them for my preferred sched for the medical. When i got there, everything was organized and even the personnels, nurses facilitating the procedures are very accommodating. For the requirements they'd ask me to bring 5 or 6 pcs of ID pics, passport size, ur active and original passport en make photocopy of it to make sure (thou they have thier own machine..:D) original and photocopy of ur Marriage Certificate, NSO copy...also bring atleast 2 goverment ID's...

CanAsian is right after ur medical, they will give you a cert/ e-medical w/c you will attach it to ur other apps to be send to CPC-M... :D

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
October applicant here!....will post timeline soon.

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Yay I'm not alone!

Hello everybody and good luck to you too :D

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
geedsey20 said:
i went to IOM (trafalgar bldg.,Makati) for my medical. I made an arrangement first with them for my preferred sched for the medical. When i got there, everything was organized and even the personnels, nurses facilitating the procedures are very accommodating. For the requirements they'd ask me to bring 5 or 6 pcs of ID pics, passport size, ur active and original passport en make photocopy of it to make sure (thou they have thier own machine..:D) original and photocopy of ur Marriage Certificate, NSO copy...also bring atleast 2 goverment ID's...

CanAsian is right after ur medical, they will give you a cert/ e-medical w/c you will attach it to ur other apps to be send to CPC-M... :D

Thanks so much for your reply... I guess i'll just choose the one in trafalgar then ;)

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Nuri said:
Hello everybody

I am from Argentina, but i am living here as common law with my boyfriend, we have already a year living together, in Toronto. I have been here most of this time, but back and forth every 2-3 month, only there a week or so. He is separed (they did the legally agrement, but they are not divorce yet). Im here as Tourist.

We are completing the form for spousal Sponsorship and we will be submitting our application by 20th October, I have a few questions I need please your help.

We will present the forms as Outland, (because I need to go to Argentina while we do this process )

1 - In the Table of Sposorship of spouse for Argentina does not ask for FORM 5409 about DECLARATION OF COMMON LAW UNION
But im in a Common Law since a year, So Should we complete the form?? If so it needs to be signed by a Notary ?

He can sponsor me becouse we are in a common law for more than a year now, We can apply Outland anyway right?

2 - if we complete the Form 5409 (I think its important to complete becouse I was here. and a have lots things we can prove)
How should i complete the other form IMM 0008 On question Number 10 Current Country Of Residence?? Argentina or Canada?? Status ??? Becouse Legally i am argentinian Resident but, I was here in Canada taking courses of English and living with him.

3- Also on IMM 0008 Question Number 13 A Current Marital Status should i said In Common- Law ? In Canada? or just i should say SINGLE, Date of Common Law start ?? Is when I came here to start to live with him when we sign a Agreement Lease???

4- Contact Information Should be in Canada ?? Where im now, or Should be in Argentina, Becouse Im here as Tourist, but in a month i will be back for maybe a week or so. Could be one mailing address Argentina and residencial in Canada??

Sorry but this became confused, Or Could be a good idea, only complete with my address from Argentina, but in a other paper explain that im here ??

Because if I'm supposed to live in a common law, i am not there as a single, please help me!

Also i wanted to say, I have done already my medical exams, criminal records, etc, etc. and i have been translated them here legally.

Thanks a lot in advance.
I'll try to help...

1. You don't need this. In the document check-list it states that you only need to provide it if you're his co-sponsor and since he's sponsoring you then it's not needed.
2. Residence is where you're currently residing, someone else may be able to correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I would put Canada and provide evidence. Do you have a Visitors Record or just a stamp? Just provide copies. So I would say Canada and status Visitor.
3. Marital status is Common-Law.
4. If you're living together I'd just provide that address, otherwise it might look like you're not living together (in my opinion).

You're able to stay in Canada with your sponsor whilst you wait for PR. So there's no harm in reflecting that in your application. Just prove that you're legally allowed to be here.

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
princessice said:
Thanks so much for your reply... I guess i'll just choose the one in trafalgar then ;)
try to make appointment early atleast 7am so that you will finish early as well... bcoz as the time passby waiting there a lot of patients coming in and adding pn the queue... i set my appointment then starts at 7am and ends 11:30 already... goodluck! ;)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, just discovered it some days ago while I was searching for info regarding the spouse sponsorship. I will be an October applicant too (hopefully), just waiting on my police clearances.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask some questions, but I will go ahead and if I'm wrong, one of the moderators could direct me in the right place. I really have a lot of questions about all this, mostly doubts (not sure I'm doing it right) but I will start with just two today. Some info about me: My husband (Canadian citizen by birth) is sponsoring me. We've been married since June 2009 and been living in Germany ever since. I am Romanian. Our VO will be Vienna.

1. I've noticed a lot of you have sent the medicals together with the application. It isn't possible for me to do so, because the panel physician approved by CIC in my area (Frankfurt) requested me to have the form from the Embassy, 4 photos and my passport before I make an appointment with him. I've mentioned this in my cover letter, do you think it will have a negative impact on the application?

2. The police certificates that I need are two: one from Germany and one from Romania. When I went here in Germany to request the German one, they've advised me to apply for a European Police Clearance. Basically, there is an agreement (since April 2012) between most of the European countries, to share criminal records through a European data base. He explained that along with the German police clearance, they will give me one from my home country, which they can request based on a European Law.
Do you think CIC will accept the certificate in this form, or will they want two individual police clearances?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Chrislyn

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Manila Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2013
AOR Received.
October 22, 2013.
File Transfer...
October 22, 2013
Med's Done....
August 10, 2013. Remed: September 16, 2014
Passport Req..
August 1, 2014 In Process: August 21, 2014 Decision Made: April 9,2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 24, 2015
princessice said:
Hi princessice. St lukes extension in the fort is the your best option. We had our medical done there and it saved us the long wait. I heard in st lukes ermita you need to be there at 3 am to line up but they starts at 7am. In st lukes the fort no long lines. Could be because the place is best accessible if you have a car but you can akways take a cab of course.