+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applications

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Congrats! Check out this link for your landing query:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t155129.0.html

CoolApplicant said:
Finally, My passport with my visa is on it's way. :)

I live in Toronto...do I have to get out of country for the landing process or is there a way to do it in Canada?

CoolApplicant

Dec 11, 2012
Canadavisa07 said:
When did you receive your PPR ? Are you a single applicant ?
Yes I'm a single applicant. I received passport request about 3 weeks ago but sent it on 15th. So it took them less than 2 weeks from when they received it to send it back. :D

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolApplicant said:
Yes I'm a single applicant. I received passport request about 3 weeks ago but sent it on 15th. So it took them less than 2 weeks from when they received it to send it back. :D
Few questions buddy:

1. when did you complete medicals
2. when did cic receive medicals?
3. what is ur noc code?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Guys if you are concerned about the delays and the strike - perhaps you may want to give momentum to our voice. I personally think that so far media has not really touched the plight of many of us who might be in a limbo cuz of this strike. So please - let's join on one platform to inform them how badly it is impacting us.

Join us https://www.facebook.com/EndTheStrikePafso

CoolApplicant

Dec 11, 2012
yahoo7 said:
Few questions buddy:

1. when did you complete medicals
2. when did cic receive medicals?
3. what is ur noc code?
I'm not sure when they received medical but I did the tests on June 14th. They should have received it a few days after by what I was told. My NOC code is 2173. Was I among the fast processed ones or most October applicants are on the same track?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolApplicant said:
I'm not sure when they received medical but I did the tests on June 14th. They should have received it a few days after by what I was told. My NOC code is 2173. Was I among the fast processed ones or most October applicants are on the same track?
That seems to be quick looking at the current strike..you got PPR email from CIC within 2-3 weeks on completing medicals, am I right?

CoolApplicant

Dec 11, 2012
yahoo7 said:
That seems to be quick looking at the current strike..you got PPR email from CIC within 2-3 weeks on completing medicals, am I right?
Correct, about 3 weeks. I was looking at trackitt website and this seems to be the norm at this time. PPR about a month or a bit less after medical and they send you the pass back within 2 to 3 weeks after they receive it. So I'm not sure if the strike has affected our case a lot.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolApplicant said:
Correct, about 3 weeks. I was looking at trackitt website and this seems to be the norm at this time. PPR about a month or a bit less after medical and they send you the pass back within 2 to 3 weeks after they receive it. So I'm not sure if the strike has affected our case a lot.
Thanks for the info buddy..Its been a week since I completed my medicals. Hopefully I will receive PPR soon..

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
yahoo7 said:
Thanks for the info buddy..Its been a week since I completed my medicals. Hopefully I will receive PPR soon..
congrats on ur MR :) :), we r waiting for our turn

Akrep

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-October-2012
AOR Received.
11-December-2012
IELTS Request
Sent via application
Med's Request
09-June-2013
Med's Done....
18-June-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-July-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-1013
LANDED..........
3-August-2013
Hi guys,

First off all many thanks to all. This forum helped me a lot to get through my application.

Finally We did our landings yesterday(03/Aug/2013) at Woodstock,NB which is the closest location where we live. Before we went to US border, we asked to a Canadian officer that if we make a u turn from US border but After Canadian gates (just to avoid getting administrative refusal) and he said NO - you have to go US border and get that refusal. And of course we did what we were told so.

There was a huge line at the US side. I think because of the long weekend people were traveling to US. Finally we made to reach gate and US officer asked us what was our purpose, we told him that we came here to do our landing procedure for Canada. He directed us to go inside of a building and wait there. We went inside and were called by an officer. He asked again why we were there, we replied the same way we did before and he told us just wait couple of minutes, our papers would be ready. After we got our administrative refusal, we asked that if we apply for us visa what should we say about being rejection question, he said that just say yes and explain the situation but it is not gonna affect our application because this refusal is not a real refusal but still will be seen on the system. After that he showed us how to go back to Canada and we left the US border.

There was not a line on the Canada side just 3-4 cars ahead of us. At the gate Canadian officer asked us why we were there and we told the same thing. He asked for the refusal and gave us a yellow paper and told us went inside we would find an immigration section, just gave our PPs and that yellow paper. We did what we were told. After half an hour an officer called us and he wanted our CoPRs and something that has our recent address( yes I gave my Driver license :D ). It took half an hour to be called because there was another couple was there for landing as well before us. Anyways He did not ask anything else NO bank statements, NO photos, NO previous or present Work/study permits. After 5 minutes he gave us our CoPRs and told 2 questions on the paper that needed to be answered and sign and date. We did what he said and He congratulated us to become PR and told that we need to go Service Canada for changing our SIN numbers. That was it. Finally we are landed immigrants.

I hope everyone gets their MRs, PPRs or PPs as soon as possible.

And again tons of thanks for every single one of you in this wonderful forum. I will be checking this forum to help other people as much as I can.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Akrep said:
Hi guys,

First off all many thanks to all. This forum helped me a lot to get through my application.

....After we got our administrative refusal, we asked that if we apply for us visa what should we say about being rejection question, he said that just say yes and explain the situation but it is not gonna affect our application because this refusal is not a real refusal but still will be seen on the system. After that he showed us how to go back to Canada and we left the US border.
Tebrikler Akrep - for finally becoming the PR.

+1 for explaining the full reality of administrative refusal coming from the US immigration officer.

All the best ahead.

swalsh19

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC4212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10- 2012
AOR Received.
09-12-2012
Med's Request
21-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Question all,

The 13month posting time for processing time posted on the site when would that time start from? When application received in Sydney?

jaddy013

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
In April 2014
swalsh19 said:
Question all,

The 13month posting time for processing time posted on the site when would that time start from? When application received in Sydney?
Yes. When a complete application package is received by Sydney.