N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
jsm0085 said:
No, my opinion is based on facts. Opinions like "problem is that there seems to be nothing like a queue" is born solely out of frustration and doesn't help people on the forms. The idea that one slow visa officer would cause a 6 month delay for an application is nonsense. The files are opened, reviewed, something has to happen and it gets queued again. I'm not saying the system is perfect, far from it, but everyone needs to hang in and wait. Extensive delays are not just the result of a VO being slow, it's more likely the result of criminality/background/security checks. It would make no sense to hold up all other apps while the VO waits for the results of checks - so they move on.

CPP-O was a pilot not that long ago and apps prior to that had to wait while other apps were processed quicker. It didn't mean that their was no order to how things were happening - their was. It was just happening simultaneously.

We all need to relax a bit and let the process take it's course - everyone moaning about how processing occurs is pointless - it's not going to change things.
You need to get your facts straight. March 2013 CEC applicants are starting get Medicals, where as majority of Nov, Dec 2012 are still waiting on medical. Also note the incosistency in ecas updates, some people recieve PPR yet the ecas says in process and doesn't even mention medicals recieved.
I dont mind waiting, I have waited for 3yrs and 4 months. But I ghave a problem when ppl justify recent apps getting processed faster than apps waiting for yrs.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greatlakes said:
You need to get your facts straight. March 2013 CEC applicants are starting get Medicals, where as majority of Nov, Dec 2012 are still waiting on medical. Also note the incosistency in ecas updates, some people recieve PPR yet the ecas says in process and doesn't even mention medicals recieved.
I dont mind waiting, I have waited for 3yrs and 4 months. But I ghave a problem when ppl justify recent apps getting processed faster than apps waiting for yrs.
You are talking about waiting for a FSW app. - it's a whole other ball game. If you had read any of my recent posts you would appreciate that we have been discussing - in detail - that it looks like some pilot program is underway. ECAS updates hasn't been part of the discussions and frankly isn't overly relevant to the topic at hand. For the bulk of CEC applicants ECAS IS updated to at least MR received prior to PPR.

My justification comes from facts and what we have seen on these forums as well as others. I don't have a problem with people discussing things or questioning things - I have an issue with people who fail to understand basic logic and would rather moan about things instead of trying to understand.

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
jsm0085 said:
You are talking about waiting for a FSW app. - it's a whole other ball game. If you had read any of my recent posts you would appreciate that we have been discussing - in detail - that it looks like some pilot program is underway. ECAS updates hasn't been part of the discussions and frankly isn't overly relevant to the topic at hand. For the bulk of CEC applicants ECAS IS updated to at least MR received prior to PPR.

My justification comes from facts and what we have seen on these forums as well as others. I don't have a problem with people discussing things or questioning things - I have an issue with people who fail to understand basic logic and would rather moan about things instead of trying to understand.
FSW is a whole new ball game, I just brought that topic in, to paint a perspective.

But lets take only CEC into account. March'13 CEC applicants get MR before Oct, Nov CEC applicants. Thats a fact. According to you, that okay, thats fair. Correct?

I am not arguing the fact that CEC applications are being procesing fast. I know that they are fast and thats works well for you and me. If ppl who applied under the same class after me are seeing faster progress, I have a problem with that.

My point is the applications are not queued in order. I have been following this forum and other canada forums fromearly 2010 till date.

P.s. I just was that you are March '13 applicant. No wonder you're liking it and have good things to say. :eek: :eek:

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greatlakes said:
FSW is a whole new ball game, I just brought that topic in, to paint a perspective.

But lets take only CEC into account. March'13 CEC applicants get MR before Oct, Nov CEC applicants. Thats a fact. According to you, that okay, thats fair. Correct?

I am not arguing the fact that CEC applications are being procesing fast. I know that they are fast and thats works well for you and me. If ppl who applied under the same class after me are seeing faster progress, I have a problem with that.

My point is the applications are not queued in order. I have been following this forum and other canada forums fromearly 2010 till date.

P.s. I just was that you are March '13 applicant. No wonder you're liking it and have good things to say. :eek: :eek:
Well your acting like a bit of an idiot.

You need to look at pre and post 2013.

pre 2013 they are currently reaching Sep/Oct. Those who applied before these months who are still waiting for progress and waiting so for a reason. Be it security/criminality/background - whatever.

Post 2013 - changes have been made to the requirements. Part of the aim is to increase the speed of which applications can be processed. It's obviously not fair that someone in March received a MR while others from last year are still waiting, but if the aim of this is to improve the application process for the future then people need to suck it up. If they are trying to improve the system to prevent extensive processing delays in the future then it's perfectly understandable and appropriate. The best example is we are seeing 2013 apps receive reasons for rejection within 1-2 months atm due to the work being completed by CIO, while we are still seeing rejections coming in from aug-oct for people who applied a long time ago - because the application hasn't been touched. This BS of moaning and groaning is pointless - we aren't kids... We are adults.

As of 31 Dec 2012 616,271 PR applications remain in process without a decision. Whatever they can do to reduce this and sort the system for the future is beneficial. As 2013 has a new process it makes sense to run them alongside instead of starting of a new application process with 6-9 month delays.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
jsm0085 said:
pre 2013 they are currently reaching Sep/Oct. Those who applied before these months who are still waiting for progress and waiting so for a reason. Be it security/criminality/background - whatever.
On that topic, what's the order? Criminal -> Background (employment, etc,) -> Security or is it the other way around or is there any order at all?

I was hoping once employment is finished then I'm pretty safe though it might be a long wait for criminal/security.

greatlakes

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR May 2011
Med's Request
May 2 2013
Med's Done....
May 7 2013
Interview........
N A
Passport Req..
Jul 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Well your acting like a bit of an idiot.

You need to look at pre and post 2013.

Post 2013 - changes have been made to the requirements. Part of the aim is to increase the speed of which applications can be processed. It's obviously not fair that someone in March received a MR while others from last year are still waiting, but if the aim of this is to improve the application process for the future then people need to suck it up. If they are trying to improve the system to prevent extensive processing delays in the future then it's perfectly understandable and appropriate. The best example is we are seeing 2013 apps receive reasons for rejection within 1-2 months atm due to the work being completed by CIO, while we are still seeing rejections coming in from aug-oct for people who applied a long time ago - because the application hasn't been touched. This BS of moaning and groaning is pointless - we aren't kids... We are adults.

As of 31 Dec 2012 616,271 PR applications remain in process without a decision. Whatever they can do to reduce this and sort the system for the future is beneficial. As 2013 has a new process it makes sense to run them alongside instead of starting of a new application process with 6-9 month delays.
I am not an idiot, keep your obusive language and judgemental comments for someone else, not me. I am an adult and unlike kids, I am never disrespectful to others.

This conversation is over .. keep barking.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greatlakes said:
I am not an idiot, keep your obusive language and judgemental comments for someone else, not me. I am an adult and unlike kids, I am never disrespectful to others.

This conversation is over .. keep barking.
Not an idiot? Not abusive? Not judgemental? Not a kid? Not disrespectful? But keep barking? Haha.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Guys chill out.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
WIth the vis officers on strike, wonder how long we will have to wait now!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
androme said:
WIth the vis officers on strike, wonder how long we will have to wait now!
That strike doesn't affect us. CEC is done by CIC which is a different organization and part of a different ministry.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thisisauser said:
On that topic, what's the order? Criminal -> Background (employment, etc,) -> Security or is it the other way around or is there any order at all?

I was hoping once employment is finished then I'm pretty safe though it might be a long wait for criminal/security.
Criminality is done from the get go (usually).
Security - we really don't know... But based on the speed people get PPR/COPR it seems that this is done before medical... but we don't really know as CIC don't release info on this.
Background check is usually part of security check - that's mainly what the form is for.
Employment verification is usually part of eligibility.

skang

Apr 24, 2013
October 2012 Applications

Good morning.

I'd like to share the good news, I have received medical request and biodata form last week and finished a medical examination on Monday.

App. Filed.......: 12-10-2012
App. Received.: 15-10-2012
AOR Received.: 03-12-2012
Medical Request: 12-06-2013
Medical Done: 17-06-2013
NOC Code........ : 2211

Good luck everyone!

swalsh19

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC4212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10- 2012
AOR Received.
09-12-2012
Med's Request
21-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
I received a response from CIC and the notorized document I got from the consulate apparently is insufficient for the police report. Pisses me off as I explictly told consulate what I needed and they said they understand.

Has anyone else had to do this after the fact? It states to not have attachments larger then 5mb? Do I just send them pictures? Don't they need the documents? I assume I mail them, do I just reference my case # on the outside of the envelope?

It be nice if they let me do medicals at same time while getting the police report as thats going to take 1mth the embassy tells me, :(

br85

Jun 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Oct-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2012
Med's Request
17-Jun-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jun-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-Jul-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-Jul-2013
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2013
Hi,

I'm an Oct'12 Applicant. I have received both MR and "RPRF, Bio Data" on 17-Jun-2013.

My timelines

App Filed: 24-Oct-2012
AOR : 13-Dec-2012
MR : 17-Jun-2013
RPRF and Bio data: 17-Jun-2013
NOC Code : 2174

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
br85 said:
Hi,

I'm an Oct'12 Applicant. I have received both MR and "RPRF, Bio Data" on 17-Jun-2013.

My timelines

App Filed: 24-Oct-2012
AOR : 13-Dec-2012
MR : 17-Jun-2013
RPRF and Bio data: 17-Jun-2013
NOC Code : 2174
Congrats guys who received MRs & Good Luck who are waiting.
I have spent some time to update Google Doc, I have added a new column for "RPRF/ Biodata Request"
Please review your information & update accordingly.
The Doc is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amnfxxq3mE-XdC1lcXdhZTZNQ0NmbUpOVUxFWXVpVEE#gid=9

Thanks