Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
HOW come we still have 2012 applicants applications in process? any special cases?additional documents requested might caused the delay?

please share

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
$albert$ said:
HOW come we still have 2012 applicants applications in process? any special cases?additional documents requested might caused the delay?

Buddy i am nov 2012 no MR yet.file being reviewed

Smarty_1982

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-September-2014
Med's Done....
16-September-2014 RPRF request : 20-September-2014
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-dec-2014
Hi Richi and $Albert$, could you please confirm to which email Id additional documents has to be sent?
Is it to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca or cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca ? is there any special instructions to send?

Thanks in advance

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
richi jolly said:
$albert$ said:

Buddy i am nov 2012 no MR yet.file being reviewed
is there a speccific reason for file review for a specific applicant?

i am an april 2013 applicant and cic requested additional documents about my employer in jan 22 and document sent on february 7th but haven't heard anything back yet....i am too worried already and don't know how long it will take VO to review the new submission ............if VO has concerns why didn't he reject the application? is asking for additional documents a good sign that VO is considering your elegibility?

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
Smarty_1982 said:
Hi Richi and $Albert$, could you please confirm to which email Id additional documents has to be sent?
Is it to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca or cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca ? is there any special instructions to send?

Thanks in advance
I sent it by courier not email.

as far as I know both emails are fine but 2nd one is the new email , again you can use both

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
$albert$ said:

please share
I had to provide a PCC from Saudi Arabia, that took a while, but also the general speed of my application has been slow. I also had to provide proof that I intended on residing outside of Quebec.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kushari said:
I had to provide a PCC from Saudi Arabia, that took a while, but also the general speed of my application has been slow. I also had to provide proof that I intended on residing outside of Quebec.
Congrats - and thank you for posting the details. They are sure helpful to a lot of other people. Could you please elaborate "proof of intending to reside outside of quebec"? I am in the same situation since i work in Montreal, have no interest in wasting a lot of my time in learning french plus forcing my kids to study in a system which is too much geared towards french. Learning french wasn't bad, but doing that at the cost of their english capabilities (which seems to be the case as i researched more about the school system) isn't logical. So i thought of

a) My head office is in Gatineau - so i can get an approval from my employer that they would transfer me there so i could live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau. Some 80% + people from my head office live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau.
b) My kids would be going in English school in Montreal and by law they won't be eligible for that once we get PR here. They have to be sent to French school here after PR. If you have a 7.5 year old child who was taught in English, prior to coming to Canada for 3+ years, then he studied in english school in Montreal for say a year and a half, do you think worries about sending him to public english school serves as a good reason showing intent?
c) As another possibility i might look up possible new jobs at Ottawa - in case there is a good one to switch to.

I would be really grateful if you could explain this a bit and what proofs you actually submitted? How did those help etc.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
fkl said:
Congrats - and thank you for posting the details. They are sure helpful to a lot of other people. Could you please elaborate "proof of intending to reside outside of quebec"? I am in the same situation since i work in Montreal, have no interest in wasting a lot of my time in learning french plus forcing my kids to study in a system which is too much geared towards french. Learning french wasn't bad, but doing that at the cost of their english capabilities (which seems to be the case as i researched more about the school system) isn't logical. So i thought of

a) My head office is in Gatineau - so i can get an approval from my employer that they would transfer me there so i could live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau. Some 80% + people from my head office live in Ottawa and work in Gatineau.
b) My kids would be going in English school in Montreal and by law they won't be eligible for that once we get PR here. They have to be sent to French school here after PR. If you have a 7.5 year old child who was taught in English, prior to coming to Canada for 3+ years, then he studied in english school in Montreal for say a year and a half, do you think worries about sending him to public english school serves as a good reason showing intent?
c) As another possibility i might look up possible new jobs at Ottawa - in case there is a good one to switch to.

I would be really grateful if you could explain this a bit and what proofs you actually submitted? How did those help etc.
So basically I showed them that I have a life in Toronto. I showed them that I accepted a full time position (I got the offer a week or so before I had to submit proof!!!), I showed them I have a contract at a gym, and the logs of every time I went to the gym. I got letters from people that interviewed me for jobs but didn't hire me. I also even gave them print outs of all the jobs I applied to. Copy of all my bills, and a letter from my part time employer at the time which was me friend. You basically have to show them you're not just moving out of Quebec to finish the pr process and then move back, although you technically can after you get pr.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kushari said:
So basically I showed them that I have a life in Toronto. I showed them that I accepted a full time position (I got the offer a week or so before I had to submit proof!!!), I showed them I have a contract at a gym, and the logs of every time I went to the gym. I got letters from people that interviewed me for jobs but didn't hire me. I also even gave them print outs of all the jobs I applied to. Copy of all my bills, and a letter from my part time employer at the time which was me friend. You basically have to show them you're not just moving out of Quebec to finish the pr process and then move back, although you technically can after you get pr.
Among the few things that i don't understand:

a) Contract at gym? I believe you were on a work permit in Quebec, so you contracted with a gym for like once in a while when you visit toronto? You cannot live there on a wp? correct?

b) Copy of bills? You mean they had addresses of outside Quebec? How are you supposed to do that i.e. while living in Quebec, getting bills on say Toronto's address?

c) What do you think about having employment in Quebec but still living in say Ottawa? I believe it is all about where you intend to live and NOT WORK? The people from my employer who live in Ottawa, do get tax returns at the year end (because they had deductions for Quebec on monthly basis which is higher than those for Ontario). Will this work? I actually have no intentions of living in Quebec ultimately - i even know people who already have PR, but are trying to switch because of this french obsession ruining their kids education and their spouses couldn't get jobs not knowing french. Does that sound convincing enough if submitted with relevant docs (school letter from English school board etc.)?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
fkl said:
Among the few things that i don't understand:

a) Contract at gym? I believe you were on a work permit in Quebec, so you contracted with a gym for like once in a while when you visit toronto? You cannot live there on a wp? correct?

b) Copy of bills? You mean they had addresses of outside Quebec? How are you supposed to do that i.e. while living in Quebec, getting bills on say Toronto's address?

c) What do you think about having employment in Quebec but still living in say Ottawa? I believe it is all about where you intend to live and NOT WORK? The people from my employer who live in Ottawa, do get tax returns at the year end (because they had deductions for Quebec on monthly basis which is higher than those for Ontario). Will this work? I actually have no intentions of living in Quebec ultimately - i even know people who already have PR, but are trying to switch because of this french obsession ruining their kids education and their spouses couldn't get jobs not knowing french. Does that sound convincing enough if submitted with relevant docs (school letter from English school board etc.)?
A) contract with a gym as in I had to be paying the monthly fee to my gym, which means I wouldn't be paying a contract if I wasn't living here.

B)I'm living in Toronto.
C)I have no idea, that's even more complicated.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kushari said:
A) contract with a gym as in I had to be paying the monthly fee to my gym, which means I wouldn't be paying a contract if I wasn't living here.

B)I'm living in Toronto.
C)I have no idea, that's even more complicated.
Thank you. I am probably missing something here, weren't you on a closed work permit when you applied for PR? How come you live in Toronto at that point? Or was that a PGWP because i read in some of your older posts that you completed your education in Montreal?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
fkl said:
Thank you. I am probably missing something here, weren't you on a closed work permit when you applied for PR? How come you live in Toronto at that point? Or was that a PGWP because i read in some of your older posts that you completed your education in Montreal?
Post grad work permit. Never had a closed work permit.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kushari said:
Post grad work permit. Never had a closed work permit.
I see - so that changes a lot. You were able to switch employer BEFORE getting PR (and hence city of residence) - that gives you the liberty to do so, which in my case, isn't there - unless i get a BOWP or something. Any way, let's see if that can be useful in this situation or not. Appreciate your responses.

mightydone

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2012
AOR Received.
07/12/2012
IELTS Request
19/10/2012
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
25/10/2013
Interview........
None
$albert$ said:

please share
I dnt understand either. Ecas has been updated to MED Received and still have not heard from them after additional MEd was submitted for my husband End of January.