+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

abde

Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
AOR Received.
and approval 28-11-2012
Interview........
hope not
Congrats that was rly fast!

Ocean19

Dec 4, 2012
BritishInKorea said:
COPR arrived an hour ago, APPROVED!!

I can't believe how quick it has been (2 months since app filed), I wish to same to all you guys - good luck!
Congrates!!!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
BritishInKorea said:
COPR arrived an hour ago, APPROVED!!

I can't believe how quick it has been (2 months since app filed), I wish to same to all you guys - good luck!
Wow congrats.

Thats extremely quick processing. As much as everyone's case is different and some cases will take longer than others, that goes to show that they can complete apps quicker if they really wanted too.

leon07

Dec 9, 2012
BritishInKorea said:
Big news guys, DECISION MADE by the Seoul Office, they started processing it on 26th December. Oh God my stomach is turning.
Congrats BIK! your processing time was quite fast you are so lucky!

anyone here have an update on ecas? outside sponsorship? since i called the call centre back in dec 7 all the info i know is that im approved as a sponsor and they have sent my application to manila on nov 16. but when i check the cic website all i have is decision made.

anyone in the same situation? thanks!

wallace.ar

Nov 16, 2012
CSQ finally arrived! It was ready in 28 days, but arrived just in 57 days ...!

CSQ:

Application Sent (MM / DD / YYYY): 05/11/2012
Application Received (MM / DD / YYYY): 13/11/2012
Payment debited / CC charged: 20/11/2012
Date approved by MICC: 11/12/2012
CSQ Received by Applicant: 09/01/2013 :D

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my sponsorship approval email on the 12th December, but nothing from London yet to say they have received our application. Do they always send an AOR and if so, how long does it normally take?

Our ecas just says 'decision made' for sponsorship and 'application received' for permanent residence for my husband, but that refers to when it was received by CIC on 2nd Nov, not the London office.

Another quick question, my sponsorship approval email just mentions my husband's name 'and family (if applicable)'. Ecas just says my husband's name. There's no mention of our daughter who I am also sponsoring. Is anyone else sponsoring their spouse and child? Should both names listed on ecas?

fritzianne15

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/10/2012
AOR Received.
11/27/2012
File Transfer...
12/04/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2013
Passport Req..
5/27/2013
VISA ISSUED...
7/8/2012
LANDED..........
7/22/2013
MandyRobertson said:
I received my sponsorship approval email on the 12th December, but nothing from London yet to say they have received our application. Do they always send an AOR and if so, how long does it normally take?

Our ecas just says 'decision made' for sponsorship and 'application received' for permanent residence for my husband, but that refers to when it was received by CIC on 2nd Nov, not the London office.

Another quick question, my sponsorship approval email just mentions my husband's name 'and family (if applicable)'. Ecas just says my husband's name. There's no mention of our daughter who I am also sponsoring. Is anyone else sponsoring their spouse and child? Should both names listed on ecas?
i think they only put the name of the principal applicant on the ecas..

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
MandyRobertson said:

Hi! You should join the London thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html

From what I've been reading, London does not send an actual AOR. It looks like most people confirm receipt through a case-specific inquiry or by telephone (not suggested to call them so early on, though, unless absolutely necessary) even if it's just to say "we haven't started processing your file yet."

I can't answer your question about your daughter, however ecas will state the date the application was received in Mississauga, not when London received your file.

petrus_li

Jan 20, 2013
Hi!

This is my timing so far.. I am applying through Paris office.

2012/03/10: Medical exam.
2012/10/8: Mailed application to Mississauga.
2012/10/11: Application received (per CIC).
2012/10/11: CIC starts processing sponsorship application (per eCAS).
2012/11/14: Sponsorship approval by email and application send to Paris
2012/11/25-2012/12/10 (unknown date): eCAS shows "Application Received" and "Medical results have been received." Not remember the exactly day.
2012/12/18 Email recevied by Paris requesting my CSQ. I called MIQc office and they said it will be done by the next few days. ( Look CSQ Process)
2012/12/21 CSQ sent to Paris ( I guess they sent it along with mine so get the date from the stamp)
2013/01/16 In Process
2013/01/18 (Friday): eCAS shows "In Process." Even though they updated the eCase on Friday 18th it said "We started processing your application on January 16, 2013."

Timeline for CSQ and Quebec undertaking:
2012/11/20: CSQ application and Quebec undertaking sent to MICC in Montreal.
2012/11/28: CSQ Charges the fees on my credit card. ( It is funny with MIQc first pay after we check)
2012/12/20: CSQ issued.
2012/01/04: CSQ received by mail. ( This delay to receive it, it was most propably due to Christmas Holdays)

Thanks!

BritishInKorea

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2012
LANDED..........
July 2013
Hi Petrus,

The latest update which reads 'we started processing your application' is good news. This indicates that your file is no longer in the pile and actually has a case worker on it, who will assess and make the decision.

If the application is a simple one, this may only take a few days (mine was processed from December 26 and a decision made on 29th December. Nobody seems quite sure about when/how ecas is updated, but hopefully you will receive a decision in the next couple of days.

Each office operates differently but my ecas stated 'decision made' and then i received the approval in writing the next working day via fedex.

Good luck!

petrus_li

Jan 20, 2013
Hi BritishInKorea

Thanks a lot for the info. Not sure what the next step was.
Yeah I am applying only for myself so I hope you are right and it wont take longer. I am just crossing my fingers that nothing was missed.

I got a question ...
If everything is ok. what should be the next step. Do I have to send my passport to the embassy or will I reaceiv the letter instead?

Thanks!

BritishInKorea

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2012
LANDED..........
July 2013
Hi Petrus,

If you are a national of a visa-exempt country (France for example), then you will probably receive two copies of your confirmation on permanent residency (COPR), with no need to send your passport.

If you are a national of a country where you would have to apply for a tourist visa to enter Canada, you will be requested to send your passport to the embassy.

Once you receive your COPR, you're in!

petrus_li

Jan 20, 2013
Hi British!

OMG I got this today!

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So how do I know if it is approved or not?

Email or regular mail?

THanks.....

BritishInKorea

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2012
LANDED..........
July 2013
Well, well, well :)

The good news is that a refusal almost NEVER comes in the form of a decision taken without an interview / request for more information etc. Therefore, it is VERY likely that you have been approved.

If you have been approved, you will receive you COPR in the post. The reason is that there are two copies for you to present at the airport on arrival, one which has your photo on it.

Mine was sent via courier (which I had to pay on arrival, but i think that's just a Korean thing). It arrived late the next working day so it shouldn't be long.

I know how annoying it is when a decision has been made but you don't know what it is, but you shouldn't be waiting too long now. What type of visa are you applying on? Spousal? Skilled worker?

Try not to think about it too much (impossible I know) and it will arrive soon.

Best of luck, and don't forget to tell us the decision!!

petrus_li said:
Hi British!

OMG I got this today!

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So how do I know if it is approved or not?

Email or regular mail?

THanks.....