+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
londongurl said:
Yea count down begins.Hope it goes smoothly,efficiently and rapidly :) and meanwhile be patient.That's what I'm trying to do while concentrating on applying for job since I'm back been only a week :'( and missing my hubby.Though we talk through skype everyday,its not the same been together and the connection sucks at times ::)
Patience peeps.Hopefully all goes well.
Awe I feel the same way. I work fulltime but I still think about my hubby and get anxious about this waiting time. I just joined a new gym yesterday. I cancelled my previous one with the YMCA because they were being morons on an issue. See I am also out of patience.
hugs

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
bacontoaster said:
Done and done :) I've opened up the spreadsheet so people can edit their own stuff, just try not to randomly delete everyone's information :p

On another note, my app has been in the hands of CPC-M for 2 weeks now and I'm already going stir crazy. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with the next few months. I miss my husband all the time, and it feels like it's impossible to plan anything. We're planning to visit each other about every month and half and I'm hoping to take the summer off work and stay with him in Californa (and hopefully help him pack up for the big move)... but everything just seems so distant.

I can't imagine how couples who can't see each other at all during this process feel.
Thanks bacontoaster .I feel the same way too but for the time being I wonder if we could meet up as my hubby has already ended up his holiday and I'm in the process of looking for work.Tomorrow been eid and it's going to be the first one without my hubby its not the same without hubby although surrounded my by brother and christmas and new year time as new year is also my birthday.Just thinking of that Im feeling depressed :'( but im pretty sure it should be fine ,we will find some way to meet each other.I wish you luck and loads and loads of patience.Until then if you need an ear I'm here to listen to you and anyone else.It's only by sharing our sorrows we will be able to overcome it .God bless all of us and make us reunite with our loved one sooner.

I dont know if its a good idea about opening the sheet to everyone ,in case someone mess it up,errors do happen but this will aleviate your responsibilty.Thanks

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
lunas said:
Awe I feel the same way. I work fulltime but I still think about my hubby and get anxious about this waiting time. I just joined a new gym yesterday. I cancelled my previous one with the YMCA because they were being morons on an issue. See I am also out of patience.
hugs
Lunas I know how it is when you really are in love and care for each other but been in a genuine relationship I wonder why it takes so long for family reunification as life is short and I wonder if there is a human touch in the process when the CIC process are carried out.Anyway we can't do much just wait and patience.

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, :)

We're going to be sending our forms off in the next couple of days, just a couple of finishing touches to be done.

I'm a Canadian citizen living in the UK and sponsoring my British husband and daughter.

We're hoping to relocate to Canada in April 2013 so fingers crossed everything is processed quickly!

Mandy

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Welcome Mandy!

Sorry to hear many of you are separated from your loved ones while waiting for your PR. I'm lucky enough to be living with my Canadian wife here in London. But we went through a similar thing 5 years ago when she was in Canada and we were applying for her visa to come to the UK. That was a lot quicker though, I have to say. It only took about 3 months to get the UK visa for her to come over and marry me. I do wish the CIC process was quicker. I bet many people would be happy to pay more in order for them to hire extra staff to cut the backlog!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
rosskilgour said:
Welcome Mandy!

Sorry to hear many of you are separated from your loved ones while waiting for your PR. I'm lucky enough to be living with my Canadian wife here in London. But we went through a similar thing 5 years ago when she was in Canada and we were applying for her visa to come to the UK. That was a lot quicker though, I have to say. It only took about 3 months to get the UK visa for her to come over and marry me. I do wish the CIC process was quicker. I bet many people would be happy to pay more in order for them to hire extra staff to cut the backlog!
Yes I would pay more for a more efficiant process :)

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
I just wanted to pop in and say good luck to all my October Batchmates. We have had a few more people join this last week!! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy process for everyone!!

Have a great weekend!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
October applicants....did you see the good news....working on apps received Sept 12.......43 day waiting period......that is awesome...it has been almost a year since waiting times were that low!!!!! ;D

3000miles

Aug 1, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Passport Req..
21-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
26-05-2013
For anyone who'd like a shorter link to the October 2012 Spreadsheet, here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/9b3k9mb

Happy Friday!

99Shadowrider

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
23-05-2013
Another October applicant here, hoping for quick approvals with everyone. ;D Added myself to spreadsheet.

Well_Wisher

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Breaking News Guys :eek:

Mississauga, October 26, 2012 — In an ongoing effort to deter people from using marriages of convenience to cheat their way into Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced a new regulation that requires certain sponsored spouses live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years or they risk losing their permanent resident status.

“There are countless cases of marriage fraud across the country,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I have consulted widely with Canadians, and especially with victims of marriage fraud, who have told me clearly that we must take action to stop this abuse of our immigration system. Sometimes the sponsor in Canada is being duped and sometimes it's a commercial transaction. Implementing a two-year conditional permanent residence period will help deter marriage fraud, prevent the callous victimization of innocent Canadians and help us put an end to these scams.”

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

Minister Kenney was joined at today's announcement by representatives of Canadians Against Immigration Fraud (CAIF). Sam Benet, President of CAIF stated: “We applaud Minister Kenney for taking bold steps to address the growing problem of marriage fraud and for protecting the integrity of our immigration system.”

“I think it is a very good measure,” added Palwinder Singh Gill, founder of the Canadian Marriage Fraud Victims Society. “Canada's generous family sponsorship program was being abused because many people were marrying only to get a permanent resident card and then leave their partners. With this rule, those abusing the system will think twice. :eek:

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
:O movement! I didn't add it, but it seems our first Octoberian got AOR. Plus 43 days first stage processing. Things are looking up guys!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Well_Wisher said:
Breaking News Guys :eek:

Mississauga, October 26, 2012 — In an ongoing effort to deter people from using marriages of convenience to cheat their way into Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) introduced a new regulation that requires certain sponsored spouses live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years or they risk losing their permanent resident status.

“There are countless cases of marriage fraud across the country,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I have consulted widely with Canadians, and especially with victims of marriage fraud, who have told me clearly that we must take action to stop this abuse of our immigration system. Sometimes the sponsor in Canada is being duped and sometimes it's a commercial transaction. Implementing a two-year conditional permanent residence period will help deter marriage fraud, prevent the callous victimization of innocent Canadians and help us put an end to these scams.”

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

Minister Kenney was joined at today's announcement by representatives of Canadians Against Immigration Fraud (CAIF). Sam Benet, President of CAIF stated: “We applaud Minister Kenney for taking bold steps to address the growing problem of marriage fraud and for protecting the integrity of our immigration system.”

“I think it is a very good measure,” added Palwinder Singh Gill, founder of the Canadian Marriage Fraud Victims Society. “Canada's generous family sponsorship program was being abused because many people were marrying only to get a permanent resident card and then leave their partners. With this rule, those abusing the system will think twice. :eek:
That great means that hopefully those who are married only to get Pr will have to think twice ot thrice or lots more to stay with the partner married for 2 years.I dont think someone who is does not love someone will want to be with someone for 2 years ,as they have to show lots of proofs which means reducing logs of fake marriage so that genuine relationship will be processed faster leaving us guys who are far from from loved one ( application from outside canada ) to be assessed real fast.I'm happy for this step

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
It's a good step. For most of us there's nothing we'd want more than to live with our partners. It's made October a more interesting month, as most of us won't get affected by the new rules but all the forthcoming apps will. I wonder if it will affect processing times?

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
bacontoaster said:
:O movement! I didn't add it, but it seems our first Octoberian got AOR. Plus 43 days first stage processing. Things are looking up guys!
Wow an AOR already! Amazing!!!