+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct 2017 Applicants still waiting for a test invite

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,

I took a look at the excel sheet this morning (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=2028181341), it seems like there is still more than a 100 applicants who did not receive a test invite. For all those who applied in Oct 2017 but still did not get a test invite, what measures have you taken so far? I personally did the following with no positive outcome yet:

1) Followed up with MP more than 6 times (response is always pending background check)
2) Called the call center more than 20 times (different responses, nothing useful)
3) Consulted with multiple lawyers (they all said there is nothing they can do at this stage, they asked me to check again in a year if I hear no new news)
4) Prayed to all known Gods across the history of time

How are the rest of you holding up?

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
1) Followed up with MP: I'm in line for the test (nothing schedule yet)
2) Call center + webforms --> Follow ups with Scarbz clearly leading to nowhere or perhaps LA La Land
3) Still praying (albeit to one God :p)

Trying not to think about it so I took up YOGA. Hopefully, one day, I will be one flexible and zen Canadian Citizen :D.

Reactions: rasmy

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
1) Followed up with MP: I'm in line for the test (nothing schedule yet)
2) Call center + webforms --> Follow ups with Scarbz clearly leading to nowhere or perhaps LA La Land
3) Still praying (albeit to one God :p)

Trying not to think about it so I took up YOGA. Hopefully, one day, I will be one flexible and zen Canadian Citizen :D.
Great job on the Yoga, you should pass your test and interview with a lot of flexibility

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I applied for Cit on Oct 12, 2017. Due to a name change, it became non-routine. Name change req was approved in November 2018 (as I can login with the correct change and GCMS) and then file transferred to Scarborough. Then I was asked fingerprints in Nov end which were provided first week of December.

No news after that update. GCMS updates from mid Nov show the following:

App Status - Open
App Status Reason - In Progress
Knowledge, Residence, Language, Prohibition are all not started.
Criminality - In progress.

rooftop

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi,

I took a look at the excel sheet this morning (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=2028181341), it seems like there is still more than a 100 applicants who did not receive a test invite. For all those who applied in Oct 2017 but still did not get a test invite, what measures have you taken so far? I personally did the following with no positive outcome yet:

1) Followed up with MP more than 6 times (response is always pending background check)
2) Called the call center more than 20 times (different responses, nothing useful)
3) Consulted with multiple lawyers (they all said there is nothing they can do at this stage, they asked me to check again in a year if I hear no new news)
4) Prayed to all known Gods across the history of time

How are the rest of you holding up?

Trying not to think about it too much.

Nawal123

Jan 2, 2019
I applied for Cit on Oct 12, 2017. Due to a name change, it became non-routine. Name change req was approved in November 2018 (as I can login with the correct change and GCMS) and then file transferred to Scarborough. Then I was asked fingerprints in Nov end which were provided first week of December.

App Status - Open
Same here name change ,January applicant

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014

App Status - Open
I am still waiting for mine to arrive, been more than a month.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
Just trying to figure out why is it taking so long in your cases, are you all non routine applicants because of name change or any other reason?
GTA is slow due to huge number of applicants. And sometimes there are just unlucky applicants who got processed very very slowly, and they are still considered to be routine applications. Also from some users' perspective, the origin country of applicant seems to matter as well, especially if they from Middle East.

Reactions: Zeina73

rooftop

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto
Not easy to do
I agree, it’s definitely not easy! I calm myself by looking at the percentage of applicants from Aug to Dec ’17 who took their oath, and not at how many got their test invitation.
Hang in there.

Just trying to figure out why is it taking so long in your cases, are you all non routine applicants because of name change or any other reason?
In my case, I was +15 months routine applicant till this afternoon. My file was sitting in Mississauga for 12 months, and then transferred to Scarborough (most probably after my first call to the call-center 3 months ago to which they replied that “everything is in order and we will send an email to the responsible agent”)!

Today, I received a fingerprint request. So I guess mine is not routine anymore LOL…

On the brighter side, I now know that someone finally started processing my application.