+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oct 2017 Applicants, no test invite yet

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,

I am an October 2017 applicant, no test invite yet. Communication with MP and IRCC didn't do anything for me, all I get is pending background check.

Any other October 2017 applicants still waiting for test invite?

Thank you

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Same here. I’m sure there are many of us. Unfortunately at this stage we can’t do anything else except going with as lawyer and filing for writ of mandamus.

Probably going to go for it next month.

Reactions: dmn1363

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

I am an October 2017 applicant, no test invite yet. Communication with MP and IRCC didn't do anything for me, all I get is pending background check.

Thank you
Same... and I was told my background checks were done 6 months ago

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
How about we go to the news?
Unless you are a refugee or someone who has a tear-jerking story to tell, news media won't care
like this guy:
https://globalnews.ca/news/4802451/canadian-man-twins-surrogate-kenya/
he was born outside Canada to Canadian parents, so he has citizenship but can't pass it on to his children, but he had no clue and hired surrogate to give birth to his children in Kenya to save the cost - and now he realized the children are not eligible for automatic Canadian citizenship, and he's been telling his stories on all TV/newspaper/social media....
I feel sorry for his situation, but it was clearly his own fault that he did not do any research about the law before making such a significant decision to have his children born in Kenya, which would only take a few minutes with google..

Anyway, media outlets love his story and it's gaining a lot of attentions.

Imagine what CTV or Global will say if you just tell them you have waited for 15 months with nothing ... My best guess is you won't even get an answer

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hi,

Thank you
I spoke to my MP and everything escalated from then. Dunno if it was my luck or what. I applied Dec 11, 2017. Went into IP Feb 27, 2018. Didn't get a test invite till Dec 18th to write on Jan 2nd, 2019 after I wrote my MP on the 12 month anniversary from when IRCC had received my application. Got the test invite Dec 18 a week after approaching my MP. Did my test Jan 2nd and received the Oath letter Jan 7 to appear for the ceremony Jan 21st.

Hoping for positive energy to everyone who applied back in October.