+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
:)i have no idea how to create a new post here, so i hope this works ?.. sorry in advance !:p

1) i will be applying for my first OCI and i do have an appointment in-person at the montreal bls office. i wanted to know, how much time is needed or allowed between me submitting my online application and then going to my in-person appointment ? for instance, can i submit online on a saturday, and then go in-person on a tuesday ? or do i need to submit online and then immediately go in-person to my appointment ? i will not be sending anything my mail. thank you, do let me know ! :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
:)i have no idea how to create a new post here, so i hope this works ?.. sorry in advance !:p

1) i will be applying for my first OCI and i do have an appointment in-person at the montreal bls office. i wanted to know, how much time is needed or allowed between me submitting my online application and then going to my in-person appointment ? for instance, can i submit online on a saturday, and then go in-person on a tuesday ? or do i need to submit online and then immediately go in-person to my appointment ? i will not be sending anything my mail. thank you, do let me know ! :)
No need to create new threads.. There is already a mega OCI thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/ in which you can post your queries
To your query yes you can submit your online application well before hand your appointment day. Does not matter if it that very moment, a day or few days ago.

Reactions: kaoru

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
Hello,

I thought of providing an update on wife's OCI status. For everyone's reference, I have provided the information on BLS website and on OCI services website (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Please note we went in person (without an appointment) on Jan 29th, 2024 at the Brampton BLS center. Please feel to reach out if you need any assistance. Cheers, Rav

On BLS Track Application the application information table looks like:

Application Details
Application Reference NumberCANT#####
Application Date2024-01-29
Applicant NameAPPLICANT'S NAME
Applicant Passport NumberOCI# will be written here
Applicant Date of BirthAPPLICANT'S DOB
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1000000000000 (this is the Purolator tracking number (changed for confidentiality reasons)2024-03-19 05:09:23
2Oci to be deliver on this address (it will contain your house address where OCI will be delivered)
123 Test Circle,
Brampton, ON
L0T 20P
2024-01-29 06:00:48

On OCI status enquiry it looks like:
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 20/03/2024 08:02 PM IST)
Applicant NameAPPLICANT'S NAME
File Reference NumberAPPLICANT'S FILE NUMBER
Date Of Acknowledgment15-FEB-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberOCI Number will be listed here
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn08-MAR-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn19-MAR-2024
hello ! i wonder if you can advise me if i were to ask you directly here ?.. i am not sure yet how to create a new post. :p. thank you !

i will be applying for my first OCI and i do have an appointment in-person at the montreal bls office. i wanted to know, how much time is needed or allowed between me submitting my online application and then going to my in-person appointment ? for instance, can i submit online on a saturday, and then go in-person on a tuesday ? or do i need to submit online and then immediately go in-person to my appointment ? i will not be sending anything my mail. thank you, do let me know ! :). sorry in advance if this is not the right way to post this !

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
No need to create new threads.. There is already a mega OCI thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/ in which you can post your queries
To your query yes you can submit your online application well before hand your appointment day. Does not matter if it that very moment, a day or few days ago.
oh thank you very much !!! ok so i post my queries 'inside' the thread.. like a question-answer thing, right ? and thank you for confirming the time-frame between to the two processes ! that's a relief !