AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
oci

Last edited:

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
Hello everyone, I have applied for the OCI at the Mississauga office and below is the information on the BLS OCI Tracking website. I have seen nothing on the OCI main tracking website. Who should I reach to get an update as it is almost close to a month. I have seen that the application is usually trackable on the https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury website but nothing for me so far. Any help/guidance would be truly appreciated. Cheers.
Application Details
Application Reference Number
Application Date2024-02-08
Applicant Name
Applicant Passport Number
Applicant Date of Birth
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hi,

Did you send your cancelled passport for OCI or just the copy with surrender certificate.

Please advise,

Thank you,

Shahid

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
Hi,

Did you send your cancelled passport for OCI or just the copy with surrender certificate.

Please advise,

Thank you,

Shahid
Hi Shahid,

I went in person and presented them with both (that was for my wife). They want to see the stamp along with the surrender certificate. As for myself, I had surrendered my passport before 2010 and presented them with the copy of my Indian PP with a canceled stamp. But if you are sending by mail then copies are sufficient.

Cheers,
Rav

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Hi Shahid,

I went in person and presented them with both (that was for my wife). They want to see the stamp along with the surrender certificate. As for myself, I had surrendered my passport before 2010 and presented them with the copy of my Indian PP with a canceled stamp. But if you are sending by mail then copies are sufficient.

Cheers,
Rav
Thank you for the prompt reply Rav, I will be sending application by mail, so I will just attach the copy of both surrender certificate and passport ( with cancelled stamp).

Cheers,

Shahid

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
OCI Update for my wife file, see below for your reference. I am still waiting for my daughter who applied few days after my wife and I applied almost a month later. Cheers and good luck to everyone. I am wondering on the next which I believe Purolator will deliver those documents as I choose that service.

CI Status-Report
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 08/03/2024 12:19 AM IST) Print

Applicant NameApplicant Name
File Reference NumberApplicant File No
Date Of Acknowledgment15-FEB-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberOCI NUMBER (########)
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-MAR-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Thanks,
Rav

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
OCI Update for my wife file, see below for your reference. I am still waiting for my daughter who applied few days after my wife and I applied almost a month later. Cheers and good luck to everyone. I am wondering on the next which I believe Purolator will deliver those documents as I choose that service.

CI Status-Report
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 08/03/2024 12:19 AM IST) Print

Applicant NameApplicant Name
File Reference NumberApplicant File No
OCI- NumberOCI NUMBER (########)
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Thanks,
Rav
You need to wait for the other two days to populate too. That's taking a lot of time these days.

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
You need to wait for the other two days to populate too. That's taking a lot of time these days.
Hello,

I have opted to receive OCI by mail which I am assuming would be by Purolator. Do we have to be home to accept it or how will we find out when it will be delivered?

Also what is the process when my family visits India via OCI entry for the first time?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rav

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I have opted to receive OCI by mail which I am assuming would be by Purolator. Do we have to be home to accept it or how will we find out when it will be delivered?

Also what is the process when my family visits India via OCI entry for the first time?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rav
Yes signature is needed. If you not home they will leave a note and you can collect it at a designated place for 5 business days. After that it gets returned back to BLS if you don't collect it. Just normal process, show passport, OCI card, get immigration stamp, done.

Reactions: kaoru

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
Yes signature is needed. If you not home they will leave a note and you can collect it at a designated place for 5 business days. After that it gets returned back to BLS if you don't collect it. Just normal process, show passport, OCI card, get immigration stamp, done.
You are awesome with your speedy replies. Thank you :) Does she need to give her Canadian passport for further stamping related to OCI card to BLS or no need for that? Also I read somewhere that with OCI they will need to get biometrics done.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You are awesome with your speedy replies. Thank you :) Does she need to give her Canadian passport for further stamping related to OCI card to BLS or no need for that? Also I read somewhere that with OCI they will need to get biometrics done.
OCI is separate booklet. You need to submit copy of Canadian passport as part of application process. Original not needed. Biometric is not needed in the application process.

Rav Singh

Mar 1, 2024
Hello,

I thought of providing an update on wife's OCI status. For everyone's reference, I have provided the information on BLS website and on OCI services website (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury): Please note we went in person (without an appointment) on Jan 29th, 2024 at the Brampton BLS center. Please feel to reach out if you need any assistance. Cheers, Rav

On BLS Track Application the application information table looks like:
Application Details
Application Reference NumberCANT#####
Application Date2024-01-29
Applicant NameAPPLICANT'S NAME
Applicant Passport NumberOCI# will be written here
Applicant Date of BirthAPPLICANT'S DOB
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1 000000000000 (this is the Purolator tracking number (changed for confidentiality reasons) 2024-03-19 05:09:23
2 Oci to be deliver on this address (it will contain your house address where OCI will be delivered)
123 Test Circle,
Brampton, ON
L0T 20P
2024-01-29 06:00:48

On OCI status enquiry it looks like:
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 20/03/2024 08:02 PM IST)
Applicant NameAPPLICANT'S NAME
File Reference NumberAPPLICANT'S FILE NUMBER
OCI- NumberOCI Number will be listed here
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn08-MAR-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn19-MAR-2024

pn1975

Apr 10, 2023
HI Guys, I have applied for my parents via post on March 02, application was sent to Brampton. When I am trying to track on BLS website I get message "No Record Found" does anyone know the current time frame by which I can expect to see my applications on board?