+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI: issue with document upload

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
Hello All,
I trying to fill out the OCI application online.
I am required to upload three documents -a Canadian passport, an Indian origin document (Indian passport), and an employment offer letter.. I am able to successfully upload and view only 2/3 documents( Canadian passport and employment offer letter)
But in the case of my Indian passport, I am able to upload it but upon trying to view it, I get the following error: " Fail to load pdf". The document is well scanned, not a photo image using a cam scanner or any apps. The file is not corrupted and the file size is less than 1000Kb. I have tried to re-do both parts of the application using firefox and google chrome and nothing has worked. Every time I have incurred the same error when viewing the uploaded Indian passport document.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

TorontoON1113

Nov 15, 2020
Hello All,
I trying to fill out the OCI application online.
I am required to upload three documents -a Canadian passport, an Indian origin document (Indian passport), and an employment offer letter.. I am able to successfully upload and view only 2/3 documents( Canadian passport and employment offer letter)
But in the case of my Indian passport, I am able to upload it but upon trying to view it, I get the following error: " Fail to load pdf". The document is well scanned, not a photo image using a cam scanner or any apps. The file is not corrupted and the file size is less than 1000Kb. I have tried to re-do both parts of the application using firefox and google chrome and nothing has worked. Every time I have incurred the same error when viewing the uploaded Indian passport document.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hi , I am also facing same issue , unable to view-document of uploaded Indian passport, did you find any solution ? Please respond

• Wow
Reactions: snm0415

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
HI,
I didn't get the issue resolved because I don't have a surrender certificate to upload and that's my first concern. Once I get that figured out I will make a new OCI application, and upload all the necessary documents, and if the same issue( unable to view the uploaded document of Indian passport) occurs then I will go to CGItoronto website--> click on SAMPARK-->raise a query and write a detailed report of the issue. Try this! and let me know if it works.
Cheers!

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
I didn't get the issue resolved because I don't have a surrender certificate to upload and that's my first concern. Once I get that figured out I will make a new OCI application, and upload all the necessary documents, and if the same issue( unable to view the uploaded document of Indian passport) occurs then I will go to CGItoronto website--> click on SAMPARK-->raise a query and write a detailed report of the issue. Try this! and let me know if it works.
Cheers!
Hello, Did you solve the issue. I am not able to upload some of the documents.

What to do.
Please help

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
Hello, Did you solve the issue. I am not able to upload some of the documents.

What to do.
Please help
Yes i got it resolved. I called the Brampton BLS helpline( 6478464077) and told them about this issue. they said not to worry, ultimately when you submit the application online, you are required to print the pdf (created by the information you entered). after this, you attest copies of your surrendered Indian passport, Canadian passport and all other required documents, pay for postal charges or get a slot to visit your bls office and submit your docs.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

What is the average time to get the OCI for a walk-in application at BLS-Ottawa?

Thank you