+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI from India

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018
No. Most sources told me no Indian visas are available, so I decided to apply for OCI in Canada.
I have not yet applied , I am waiting for my Canada passport.

Can you please tell me what emergency visa have you got for India and on what grounds?
Maybe I will be able to get that too .

Also, what I know about applying for OCI in India;

*Surrender your Indian passport first at the Passport office in your jurisdiction.
Once you get the surrender certificate,
*Then apply for OCI on line and visit the nearest FRRO office with all documents.( with appointment) .

thanks

we are going to the consulate tomorrow. Based on the research they are giving 3-month entry visa. It is very unclear on if we can apply for OCI & surrender certificates in India,

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
we are going to the consulate tomorrow. Based on the research they are giving 3-month entry visa. It is very unclear on if we can apply for OCI & surrender certificates in India,
I will appreciate if you can tell me the outcome after your visit to the consulate. thanks.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
We ended up applying for OCI in Toronto and my wife went on a emergency visa(3 month) validity to India.
OK thanks.
By the way, from 26th they have started issuing 6 month X (entry visas) to ex-Indian citizens thru BLS.
But I have decided to go for OCI as well.

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018
OK thanks.
By the way, from 26th they have started issuing 6 month X (entry visas) to ex-Indian citizens thru BLS.
But I have decided to go for OCI as well.
Do you know what are the timelines for processing OCI and surrendering passport

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Last edited:

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Interesting. I applied on Oct 23 and when I checked the status today it says original documents picked up by purolator today (I think they are send I gotta back the landing papers).
Sorry, could not understand what you meant. You mean they are already sending back the original documents.
But I thought the only original document they took was the Indian passport.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Is the Indian embassy open for appointments? Wanted to get a power of attorney made and it seems they only accepted couriers lv

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018
Sorry, could not understand what you meant. You mean they are already sending back the original documents.
But I thought the only original document they took was the Indian passport.
Hi, for OCI BLS took my original landing papers and I got it within a week.

ctcrahul

Sep 26, 2018
Hi, I am planning to travel to India. Does anyone know from where can I get COVID testing done? What is the process time?