+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI for minor born in India

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
I was about to apply for my minor kids OCI who got Canadian Citizenship along with me. But I was reading that you need to attach Valid Canadian status document for spouse too for minor applications.

My wife PR card is expired and she is currently in India. We don't want to renew her PR card as of now as she didn't complete 730 days of physical presence.

Will BLS accept her Indian passport copy and COPR only or what other options I have.

I am really worried as kids are just 4 & 8 yrs.

Kindly guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I was about to apply for my minor kids OCI who got Canadian Citizenship along with me. But I was reading that you need to attach Valid Canadian status document for spouse too for minor applications.

My wife PR card is expired and she is currently in India. We don't want to renew her PR card as of now as she didn't complete 730 days of physical presence.

Will BLS accept her Indian passport copy and COPR only or what other options I have.

I am really worried as kids are just 4 & 8 yrs.

Kindly guide
Type C (i): Application for OCI to Minor Children - Born in Canada / Foreign country
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

Key documents will be NoC signed by both parents, Marriage Certificate

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Any idea about Canadian status document for Spouse. It's mentioned in that checklist. That is my biggest problem as wife don't have active PR.
Since she is not living in Canada atm and does not have status you will have to nclude a copy of her Indian passport... check with BLS on that

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
I spoke to BLS customer cre and they go by books. On checklist it says you need valid Canadian status with Induan passport. Bu they presume both parents are in Canada.