+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Application

KAASHVI

Mar 18, 2021
Hi Experts, we are in the OCI application process need to know about one document that for my kid birth certificate that it has nameAroraBatra but all other documents have nameArora though same birth certificate we gave for surrender certificate that time there was no issue but now while I am applying for my kids it's just popping up in my head Is there any issue because first time I am sending application package thru Purolator won't be package send back. Kindly throw Shadow over this issue.
2. What are the documents we have to send along with OCI application we four are Canadian citizen now and four OCI Applicant two adults two minor 10-11 yrs old.

Thanks in Advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Experts, we are in the OCI application process need to know about one document that for my kid birth certificate that it has nameAroraBatra but all other documents have nameArora though same birth certificate we gave for surrender certificate that time there was no issue but now while I am applying for my kids it's just popping up in my head Is there any issue because first time I am sending application package thru Purolator won't be package send back. Kindly throw Shadow over this issue.
2. What are the documents we have to send along with OCI application we four are Canadian citizen now and four OCI Applicant two adults two minor 10-11 yrs old.

Thanks in Advance
There is a OCI specific thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-914#post-10534455

You can expect quick response for your query.

KAASHVI

Mar 18, 2021
Hi
I didn't find quick response there
Cud you please do me a favour
What should I upload OCI registration
1.current Passport+citizenship certificate
2. previous passport+surrender certificate
3.work letter
4.marriage certificate
5. Spouse current passport
6. Relationship certificate father in law adhar card
For Minor
1 current passport+citizenship certificate
2 . Previous passport+surrender certificate
3. Birth certificate as relationships certificate.

Any other kindly reply me asap because Purolator will come around 10 am to 2 pm.

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi
I didn't find quick response there
Cud you please do me a favour
What should I upload OCI registration
1.current Passport+citizenship certificate
2. previous passport+surrender certificate
3.work letter
4.marriage certificate
5. Spouse current passport
6. Relationship certificate father in law adhar card
For Minor
1 current passport+citizenship certificate
2 . Previous passport+surrender certificate
3. Birth certificate as relationships certificate.

Any other kindly reply me asap because Purolator will come around 10 am to 2 pm.

Thanks
My suggestion is to get the affidavit done for discrepancy with your kid's name in different documents

Docs for Adults: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
Docs for Kids: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10374728

KAASHVI

Mar 18, 2021
Hi my package is delivered to BLS Brampton through Purolator. I want to know how I can check about what the next step they are doing meaning to say did they got or about acknowledgement.

Thanks

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Thanks @abbas.pasha for the information. I am going through this thread to apply for OCI for myself and my family (spouse and minor son). I am clear about the documents that need to be uploaded online. However, for the documents that need to be sent through postal mail, could you please confirm if I am missing anything? Thank you.

Parent-1Parent-2Minor Child born in India
Online Application FormOnline Application FormOnline Application Form
Canada Passport + citizen CertCanada Passport + citizen CertCanada Passport + citizen Cert
Indian passport + Surr CertIndian passport + Surr CertIndian passport + Surr Cert
Spouse Canada passport + citizen CertSpouse Canada passport + citizen CertBoth parents Canada Passport + citizen Cert
Both parents Indian passport + Surr Cert
Marriage CertificateMarriage CertificateMarriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
Address Proof of Parent-1Address Proof of Parent-2Address Proof of Parent-1 + Parent-2
NOC signed by both parents with their Photos
Employment LetterEmployment LetterEmployment Letter (both Parents)
Fee
C$ 345 The Consulate General of India, Toronto
C$ 7.4 BLS International Services Canada Inc
Fee
Fee
1-Photograph on Application form1-Photograph on Application form1-Photograph on Application form

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks @abbas.pasha for the information. I am going through this thread to apply for OCI for myself and my family (spouse and minor son). I am clear about the documents that need to be uploaded online. However, for the documents that need to be sent through postal mail, could you please confirm if I am missing anything? Thank you.

Parent-1Parent-2Minor Child born in India
Online Application FormOnline Application FormOnline Application Form
Canada Passport + citizen CertCanada Passport + citizen CertCanada Passport + citizen Cert
Indian passport + Surr CertIndian passport + Surr CertIndian passport + Surr Cert
Spouse Canada passport + citizen CertSpouse Canada passport + citizen CertBoth parents Canada Passport + citizen Cert
Both parents Indian passport + Surr Cert
Marriage CertificateMarriage CertificateMarriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
Address Proof of Parent-1Address Proof of Parent-2Address Proof of Parent-1 + Parent-2
NOC signed by both parents with their Photos
Employment LetterEmployment LetterEmployment Letter (both Parents)
Fee
Fee
Fee
1-Photograph on Application form1-Photograph on Application form1-Photograph on Application form
I think you have everything covered just make sure the supporting documents you send to BLS are self attested

Reactions: vipinait

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
do you need both parents or any parent's letter of employment or letter of experience for Child OCI?
It has not been explicitly mentioned that Employment Letters are required at all for minors but you know how BLS is, if you have it include it. We had and included it.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
It has not been explicitly mentioned that Employee Letters are required at all for minors but you know how BLS is, if you have it include it. We had and included it.
Thanks...but letter of employment does not necessarily required to have salary...correct?
A basic letter to prove employment and role etc without salary should be enough..correct?