+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Occupation description qualifies but Title doesnt...

Sim_8890

Sep 4, 2014
Hello!
I recently got a job as a Technical Support associate with Rogers which qualifies me under : 2282 User support technicians
however i recently noticed that on my pay stubs that my job title is Customer Relations Associate which is a completely different NOC and doesn't qualify me under CEC.
Now I am talking to my employer regarding proper title but i was informed that everyone is being moved under same title, but they'll let me know if exceptions can me made.
This is wrecking my nerves.
Would anyone have any info on whether there's a possibility that Immigration will consider me qualified if the job description matches?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Don't worry about job titles. It's the job duties that matter. As long as the title is not completely off, you are OK. In your case, tech support is always related to customer relationship/support...

Sim_8890

Sep 4, 2014
AK84 said:
Job title does matter , only duties that match with NOC plz not copy paste
So most of my duties DO match and the job itself qualifies under different titles under the same group however you're saying that i wont be qualified just because of the title?

Sim_8890

Sep 4, 2014
ZingyDNA said:
Don't worry about job titles. It's the job duties that matter. As long as the title is not completely off, you are OK. In your case, tech support is always related to customer relationship/support...
Thank you for the response! So in case they dont change my title, I go ahead with the CRA title but clarify it in my job description for my application?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Sim_8890 said:
Thank you for the response! So in case they dont change my title, I go ahead with the CRA title but clarify it in my job description for my application?
Yes, you don't wanna make up a title that you don't hold in your company. Obviously it's best if they can change it for you, so that no confusion will be caused for the visa officer. But in case they really can't change it, you can clarify it in your job description, or even attach a cover letter to explain it.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Sim_8890 said:
Hello!
I recently got a job as a Technical Support associate with Rogers which qualifies me under : 2282 User support technicians
however i recently noticed that on my pay stubs that my job title is Customer Relations Associate which is a completely different NOC and doesn't qualify me under CEC.
Now I am talking to my employer regarding proper title but i was informed that everyone is being moved under same title, but they'll let me know if exceptions can me made.
This is wrecking my nerves.
Would anyone have any info on whether there's a possibility that Immigration will consider me qualified if the job description matches?
There is nothing to worry about. Paystubs are optional documents no mandatory if you are including T4 and NOA in your application.

If you are going to include paystubs in your application then just get a letter from your company (payroll department if possible or your manager/supervisor) stating that job title on paystubs is an error which has not been rectified or something like that.

If you cant get that letter then just make a cover letter in below format and attach it with copies of paystubs so that error can be explained well.

Date
Name
DOB
Address
UCI#
Application type/#

RE: ___________

Dear Sir/Madam,

Content

Yours Truly,
Signature
Name

Sim_8890

Sep 4, 2014
Goku said:
There is nothing to worry about. Paystubs are optional documents no mandatory if you are including T4 and NOA in your application.

If you are going to include paystubs in your application then just get a letter from your company (payroll department if possible or your manager/supervisor) stating that job title on paystubs is an error which has not been rectified or something like that.

If you cant get that letter then just make a cover letter in below format and attach it with copies of paystubs so that error can be explained well.
While i dont think i'll be including paystubs in my application, I will ahve to include the job title that my employer has me under which is CSA instead of TSA, which is just confusing me because I dont want my year working here wasted because Immigration didnt agree with my Title even if the Job description itself qualified me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sim_8890 said:
So most of my duties DO match and the job itself qualifies under different titles under the same group however you're saying that i wont be qualified just because of the title?
Not just because of the title... You say most of the duties match with 2282, but there will be a problem if they ALSO match NOC 6552... http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=6&val1=6552&val11=call+centre&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

preet28

Oct 25, 2017
hii
i am applying under store supervisor but i saw on my paystubs the title field is empty
is this a problem??