+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OBU + ACCA

rheac200700

Aug 19, 2020
Hello all,
Im planning to do a post graduate certificate course in Canada. Im currently doing my ACCA + OBU (BSc in Applied Accounting). So I have a couple of questions which is:
1) Should I apply to the university using only my OBU degree? As I've heard they don't accept ACCA qualification for admissions
2) If I were to apply using the OBU degree only then do I still need to do a WES evaluation? or will OBU send the relevant transcripts to the Canadian college I want to apply to?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Rhea, your OBU is just a dissertation, which in conjunction with your ACCA is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.

However, if a program requires a 90 credit Bachelor's degree as an admission requirement, this qualification will not meet that threshold.

You'd be better off applying for a certificate in the UK because a university there would more easily understand the equivalency.

In Canada, it's not really recognised because it doesn't meet their requirement on a matter of credit hours per course.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I agree it gives you a degree, even one which is recognised by an ECA like WES. But it depends on the admission requirements of the Canadian college, and what they consider a degree or a prerequisite qualification in accordance with accepting you into their program.

If your program requires a Bachelor's degree, in Canada they will not really understand hybrid qualifications like the ACCA and OBU degree. These are new innovations, in Canada they tend to be more rigid about accepting qualifications which aren't equivalent to their degrees, according to their critiera. And their criteria will usually be a 90 credit bachelor's degree which consists of 30 courses at university level.