+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining Validated Job Offer

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a question about Validated Job Offer (VJO). I understand in order to obtain a VJO, the employer has to offer you a "permanent" job offer. However, how do you find a job that can offer you a permanent job? I assume most companies would want to sign a contract, which would, in turn, make this job offer "temporary", I assume most jobs I would find will be temporary?

Also, if I am LMIA exempt (According to Free Trade Agreement), I am still eligible to get a VJO if I were offered a permanent job position?

Finally, does that mean the company has to wait till I got the permanent residency visa so that I can go there to work? So probably they would have to wait around 1 to 1 year and a half for me to actually start working on that position?

Thank you very much for everybody's help!

Juan

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
In general, company offers permanent offer to its employee no matter the person is PR or on work permit or citizen, as long as you are on the company's payroll, you should be permanent employee.

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
In general, company offers permanent offer to its employee no matter the person is PR or on work permit or citizen, as long as you are on the company's payroll, you should be permanent employee.
Thank you for your reply! But this means I would have to be already working in this company? (Means already in Canada and on a work permit?) It is not possible they give me a permanent offer directly when I apply the job?

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Thanks you for your reply! But this means most likely I would have to already be the employee of this company? It is not possible they give me a permanent offer directly when I apply the job?
you get permanent job offer if the company decides to hire you after your interview.

People on work permit And they get permanent job offer

May 5, 2020
Hi everyone!
I need job offer from Quebec province for my case.
How to get it?
Do anyone knows some trustfull employers in Québec province?
Please help!