+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining transcript/degree from India for Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

asiingh

Aug 8, 2016
Dear friends, I am currently in USA on H1B.

I am trying to figure Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Is there a way to obtain documents from (multiple) Universities in India while I am in USA. I was evaluating if I should use 3rd party services for this purpose and so wanted to check if any of you guys have used the same for India, from outside. Our (mine & my wife's) universities are in North India (Uttar Pradesh) at Allahabad, Lucknow, Varanasi & Jaunpur.
Here are 2 3rd parties that i found and I am seeing both good & bad review for them.

https://cleartranscripts.com
http://mailtranscripts.com

Appreciate your feedback.

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
My husband and I used both of these services and it was satisfactory. My husband used mailtranscripts to get from West Bengal and I used cleartranscripts to get from Pondicherry.! Using 3rd party vendors is the easiest way to deal with Indian universities, unless you have family in India who can go back and forth to the universities

Reactions: asiingh

asiingh

Aug 8, 2016
My husband and I used both of these services and it was satisfactory. My husband used mailtranscripts to get from West Bengal and I used cleartranscripts to get from Pondicherry.! Using 3rd party vendors is the easiest way to deal with Indian universities, unless you have family in India who can go back and forth to the universities
Thanks for your message. I am going to try them. Can you confirm one more thing please ....
If I have to obtain my documents from 2 universities, is it 2 different requests ? resulting in 2 different charges ?

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks for your message. I am going to try them. Can you confirm one more thing please ....
If I have to obtain my documents from 2 universities, is it 2 different requests ? resulting in 2 different charges ?
I think Yes, they would be two different orders. But you can call them and check

asiingh

Aug 8, 2016
I think Yes, they would be two different orders. But you can call them and check
I called them and they said that it is 1 order per course. So if one has 2 courses (say B Sc & M Sc) from the same university/institute, then it will be 2 different orders.

asiingh

Aug 8, 2016
On a side note, my B Sc mark sheet is in English but the degree certificate is in Hindi. Can someone tell me what needs to be done in this case ? Can I simply send WES an attested degree document (which is in Hindi) along with individual mark sheets ?

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
On a side note, my B Sc mark sheet is in English but the degree certificate is in Hindi. Can someone tell me what needs to be done in this case ? Can I simply send WES an attested degree document (which is in Hindi) along with individual mark sheets ?
Hi, I have the same situation - BSc degree is in Hindi.

Could you please update us about your experience. Most obliged.

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi, I have the same situation - BSc degree is in Hindi.

Could you please update us about your experience. Most obliged.

Hi,

Some of university having degree certificate in their state language/Hindi, in this case university will have only two options..
1. Apply for new degree certificate for English version.
2. Few university providing additional service to convert Hindi version to English version degree certificate.

For any help to get transcripts, obtaining degree certificate/duplicate degree certificate, duplicate mark memos, medium of instruction, syllabus copy attestation from university across India you can approach www.eternaltranscripts.com

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Hi,

Some of university having degree certificate in their state language/Hindi, in this case university will have only two options..
1. Apply for new degree certificate for English version.
2. Few university providing additional service to convert Hindi version to English version degree certificate.

For any help to get transcripts, obtaining degree certificate/duplicate degree certificate, duplicate mark memos, medium of instruction, syllabus copy attestation from university across India you can approach www.eternaltranscripts.com
Thank you for your advice.

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Thanks everyone for sharing information.
I have applied through https://cleartranscripts.com, to get my transcripts delivered to my address.
Can i send the same package to WES once i register?
Hi Dear,

Sorry to say this, as per new procedure from WES Canada, they will accept transcripts only direct shipment from the respective university. If you courier the documents then they will reject.