+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining a Turkish Police Certificate - help needed!

AusPete

Jul 23, 2014
I'm applying for Canadian PR, and I need to obtain a Police Certificate from Turkey (I lived in Ankara for 18 months).

Have any non-Turkish speakers (like myself) had experience in getting a Turkish Police certificate??

The CIC site suggests I might be able to apply through the Ottawa Embassy. I've tried contacting the embassy, but I have received no response.

If you have any insight into how I can get a certificate, please let me know!

Thanks!
Pete

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
AusPete said:
I'm applying for Canadian PR, and I need to obtain a Police Certificate from Turkey (I lived in Ankara for 18 months).

Have any non-Turkish speakers (like myself) had experience in getting a Turkish Police certificate??

The CIC site suggests I might be able to apply through the Ottawa Embassy. I've tried contacting the embassy, but I have received no response.

Thanks!
Pete
hello sir
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

try this link out you can find the way to get police certificate from any country and do try looking up on google by just typing in the keyword like POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE ANKARA

this might help

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
AusPete said:

Thanks!
Pete
Turkey
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes, all applicants must provide a police certificate.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in Turkey
You should apply for a police certificate from the General Prosecutor’s Office, which has branches located in each city. You will need to present your birth certificate or passport, if you are a foreign resident. The police certificate must include the results of a search of “archived” records.

If you live outside Turkey
You may write to the Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara:

Turkiye Cumhuriyeti
Adalet Bakanligi
Adli Sicil Genel Mudurlugu
Tuna Caddesi No. 10
Ankara

You may also apply to the Turkish Embassy in your current country of residence to obtain a police certificate.

Date Modified: 2012-04-17

AusPete

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks, my friend. I did check out the CIC site, but I found it was lacking the detail I needed.

The CIC site doesn't provide much information on what information I need to supply to the Ministry of Justice - so I was hoping that someone with previous success here could fill me in.

Thanks anyway for you help!

Nooru

Feb 12, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Hi AusPete

Did you get manage to get the clearance certificate??

I am also in a similar situation right now and any advice/suggestions would be useful

AusPete said:
Thanks, my friend. I did check out the CIC site, but I found it was lacking the detail I needed.

The CIC site doesn't provide much information on what information I need to supply to the Ministry of Justice - so I was hoping that someone with previous success here could fill me in.

Thanks anyway for you help!

AusPete

Jul 23, 2014
I did! It was super easy to obtain.

I just visited the Turkish Consulate and they issued me the certificate on the spot. The entire process took about a half hour.

I didn't need to make an appointment at my consulate (in Toronto). And the certificate was free -- crazy, eh?!

galaes

Feb 23, 2017
I have lived in Ankara for 2 years. I have obtained the police certificate from the consulate in Toronto.

However, they mention that it should be obtained from the embassy. Could you please confirm if this is fine?

Thanks

calgarysachin

Jun 18, 2019
I did! It was super easy to obtain.

I just visited the Turkish Consulate and they issued me the certificate on the spot. The entire process took about a half hour.

I didn't need to make an appointment at my consulate (in Toronto). And the certificate was free -- crazy, eh?!
Hi AusPete,

Could you please share what documents you carried with you? I stayed in Istanbul with my family for 15 months. Need PCC for Canada PR now.

Thanks,
Sachin

neginzohrei

Nov 13, 2019
Hi
I traveled a lot to the turkey, but all of them was 3 or 5 days. but now for my express entry check list , I have to upload a police certificate from turkey in ankara. what should I do now? did any one do this? how many days will take to get this letter?

fuad124

Mar 6, 2019
Hi
I traveled a lot to the turkey, but all of them was 3 or 5 days. but now for my express entry check list , I have to upload a police certificate from turkey in ankara. what should I do now? did any one do this? how many days will take to get this letter?
Hi, I also requested clearance certificate from Turkey and it came from Ministry of Justice, General directorate of judicial records and statistics. Is it the same with yours?