+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obligation to emplyoer on gaining Express Entry

superflychris

Mar 20, 2015
Hi there,

I was just wondering, if I successfully apply for Express Entry with a Valid Job Offer - am I obligated to take up the job once I arrive in Canada or as I am now a permanent resident am I still free to choose.

Just wondering - I fully intend to take up the job!

Thanks,

Chris

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
superflychris said:
Hi there,

I was just wondering, if I successfully apply for Express Entry with a Valid Job Offer - am I obligated to take up the job once I arrive in Canada or as I am now a permanent resident am I still free to choose.

Just wondering - I fully intend to take up the job!

Thanks,

Chris
I'm pretty sure that after you get your PR you're basically a free agent and allowed to choose.

Which stream did you go through, FSW?

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
superflychris said:
Yes - FSW. Thanks for the information, that's what I thought too.
Yeah once you have the PR in your hands you'd have to do something pretty terrible to get it taken away again. :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I really feel for the employer who has gone to such lengths to support an applicant's journey to Canada if this happens. On the other hand I do know of a case where an employer charged the applicant a week's wages before providing the LMO (which had no fee in those days). The money would be returned when the employee came to work.

superflychris

Mar 20, 2015
Oh I absolutely agree with you - it was just a hypothetical. I am very much looking forward to working for my employer should the LMIA be successful. If not I will have to wait until the points go down to 414, if they ever do.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
I really feel for the employer who has gone to such lengths to support an applicant's journey to Canada if this happens. On the other hand I do know of a case where an employer charged the applicant a week's wages before providing the LMO (which had no fee in those days). The money would be returned when the employee came to work.
there are different kind of employers out there.... I've heard a lot of bad stories... Experienced one very closely.

the PR shouldn't keep us tied to the employer, but you never know what will they come up with.

we'll know when the first PR through EE will be issued.

(not a troll one)