Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hello, I created this thread to share and discuss oath waive applicant. As for me, my family and I attended oath ceremony in April and received citizenship certificate except for my daughter. She is non verbal and can’t understand the oath. The officer sent to us application form to waive oath on medical reasons. My doctor filled the form and I sent it in same week. However no update yet. They told us the oath waiver need to be approved by minister of immigration.
Any idea how it takes.

Reactions: summaiya_t

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello, I created this thread to share and discuss oath waive applicant. As for me, my family and I attended oath ceremony in April and received citizenship certificate except for my daughter. She is non verbal and can’t understand the oath. The officer sent to us application form to waive oath on medical reasons. My doctor filled the form and I sent it in same week. However no update yet. They told us the oath waiver need to be approved by minister of immigration.
Any idea how it takes.
Another oath waiver scenario here from the forum search results: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019application-medical-waiver-for-test-and-oath.753836/

You might want to contact that poster to see if they received an update.

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Any idea how it takes.
Hi Salem

Did you get any update?
My son was asked to take the oath despite letting them know that he is autistic. He was not able to take the oath on that day and they said will send me a form and I have not received anything till now. Coming up to 2 months now. no form, no movement on the file!
How long did they take to send you the form?

Would appreciate your insight

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi Salem

Did you get any update?
My son was asked to take the oath despite letting them know that he is autistic. He was not able to take the oath on that day and they said will send me a form and I have not received anything till now. Coming up to 2 months now. no form, no movement on the file!
How long did they take to send you the form?

Would appreciate your insight
No update yes. It’s now one year.