+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath-Timeline for scarborough

kazamo

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, i am may 2015 applicant.
gave my exam on dec 8th 2015 and passed.
Decision made was on 13th dec on Ecas. still no date for oath.
thinking to go back home for 4-5months will it be an issue even if i send a letter to hold on to my oath till i come back.

pls advice.
thank you.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kazamo said:
Hi, i am may 2015 applicant.
gave my exam on dec 8th 2015 and passed.
Decision made was on 13th dec on Ecas. still no date for oath.
thinking to go back home for 4-5months will it be an issue even if i send a letter to hold on to my oath till i come back.

pls advice.
thank you.
Looks like its about time you can expect the Oath invitation anytime. Its certainly not a good decision to postpone the Oath unless its must. Rather you can wait, take the Oath get Canadian passport within 4 days and then proceed on vacation.

kazamo

Feb 16, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

I hope i get it soon....

Whts the approximate timeline for scarborough?

Does tht ecas update with oath invitation or they send in mail?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kazamo said:
Thanks for the reply.

I hope i get it soon....

As you know we are dealing with most dysfunctional agency CIC. There is hardly anything predictable about CIC, its all guess work by users, as CIC has the biggest excuse "Each case is different".

Some of the readers mentioned, eCase update is slow. At times people received the "Oath Invitation" still ecase was not updated.

Mostly probably, scheduling of Oath depends upon the available slots. Scarborough been the regional center, it get candidates assigned from surrounding offices. As a result, scheduling could be a major issue. So, keep an eye on both, ecase as well on letter.

In the meanwhile, ask your area MP to intervene, they get CIC responses within 2 weeks.

kazamo

Feb 16, 2016
Hello

Thanks for your advice.

I went to MP office to follow up on my oath schedule.
They called cic and they told if i want to travel more than two months i need to write a letter to cic.
They just told i am in queue for oath scheduling.

If i travel it will be 3-4 mths....but don't knw whether cic will accept such a long travel.....

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kazamo said:
Hello

Thanks for your advice.

I went to MP office to follow up on my oath schedule.
They called cic and they told if i want to travel more than two months i need to write a letter to cic.
They just told i am in queue for oath scheduling.

If i travel it will be 3-4 mths....but don't knw whether cic will accept such a long travel.....
You know your situation better than anybody else. However, its advisable to attend the Oath Ceremony and proceed on long leave to avoid unnecessary delays and complications.

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
kazamo said:
Thanks for the reply.

I hope i get it soon....

Sometimes they update the Ecas, sometimes they don't..
Last week I was at Scarborough CIC, and there were many test and oath events the same day-different times,it was so crowded, many people were there, I had to say sorry-excuse me many times, even moving was not easy... The officers are doing their best to deal with that huge number of applicants.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
kazamo said:
Whts the earliest i can apply for passport?
Normally 48 hours after oath.
However some people applied same day after oath and got passport.

Is your Ecas updated?

pksri

Jun 22, 2015
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 6, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 31, 2015.
We sent you a notice on January 25, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on February 24, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 17, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

kazamo

Feb 16, 2016
I became canadian citizen on March 8 2016.

Applied passport same day and Today i got my passport .(express $50)

Feelz great n proud to be citizen.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kazamo said:
I became canadian citizen on March 8 2016.

Applied passport same day and Today i got my passport .(express $50)

Feelz great n proud to be citizen.
Congrats !!!