+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test - Mississauga 2014

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is, based on other postings, that in Mississauga office they sometimes (depending the mood of the head supervisor) issue oath letters right after interviews and sometimes not, considering simple cases. Even the interviewers would not know if that day or week oath letters are being handed out or not and need to double check with the supervisor if you are one of the first people being interviewed.

For example last week (week of Oct 05, 2014) was oath letter-right-after- interview week but this week (week of Oct 12, 2014) was not.

So I just wondering whether someone would know how this process would be handled in Mississauga office concerning the oath letter issuance and also the timeline to receive the letter after interviews.

Is online status updated before receiving the oath letter?

Cheers..

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Your description is very accurate. I have the same understanding...
We had our test on August 11th, still waiting for the oath letters.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
that is a weird process :-X

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
It looks like some complex mathematical formula on which oath letter issued. I just had a weird feel that timing matters. morning and before noon if someone has test its 50-50 chance to get oath letter same day but if someone is in afternoon or evening session oath letter issued same day. May be after lunch people get more energetic and efficient...just my abstract thought :p

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
:)

guys share your test timings. Why is it some day oath is issued is it handling capacity of room. Why not first come first serve concept.

Sophie_Anne said:
Yes, they are too busy early morning with their coffees :)
It takes time to print the letters :)

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I thought.. But even people writing the test last week at 7:45 AM got the oath letter right away (maybe there were some left-over oath letters from previous afternoon) :D

And it's bizarre that if you get the oath letter on the spot, your oath would be in 7-10 days, which shows there always are available spots next week of interview. But if don't you'd have to wait for at least 3-5 weeks (simple cases) to receive the letter.

blueshirt said:
It looks like some complex mathematical formula on which oath letter issued. I just had a weird feel that timing matters. morning and before noon if someone has test its 50-50 chance to get oath letter same day but if someone is in afternoon or evening session oath letter issued same day. May be after lunch people get more energetic and efficient...just my abstract thought :p

Oct 17, 2014
My test was on Oct. 1 (applied in Nov. 2013) at Glen Erin office. The officer clearly mentioned "I have no concern, and you will get the oath letter in 2-3 weeks". Nothing yet! Please share your experience in this regard.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same with me. My interview literally took 5-10 mins as my case is pretty simple, and the interviewer said that I would receive the oath letter in a couple weeks. I was hoping I would but now the fact that you were told the same thing but still waiting concerns me..

I was hoping other people who were in the same situation and finally got the oath letter would share their timeline and experience.. Anyone?

Mississauga_2014 said:
My test was on Oct. 1 (applied in Nov. 2013) at Glen Erin office. The officer clearly mentioned "I have no concern, and you will get the oath letter in 2-3 weeks". Nothing yet! Please share your experience in this regard.

mvik

Sep 11, 2009
Received my oath letter yesterday - for Oct 29.

I gave my test on Sep 11, short interview where they validated my passport entries/exits. received same day oath letter for Sep 17 but since I was out on business that week, requested CIC to reschedule.

CIC blocked that time for me.

Was concerned that this may probably drag for a few months but was pleasantly surprised to get my oath invitation this quick.

Overall, my experience at Mississauga was great. Friendly staff and when I told them I wont be able to attend they told my to just call the CIC helpline and block that time as out of the country.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation mvik! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has your online status been updated to show the oath date yet? Before or after receiving the letter in mail?

Cheers..

mvik said:
Received my oath letter yesterday - for Oct 29.

I gave my test on Sep 11, short interview where they validated my passport entries/exits. received same day oath letter for Sep 17 but since I was out on business that week, requested CIC to reschedule.

CIC blocked that time for me.

Was concerned that this may probably drag for a few months but was pleasantly surprised to get my oath invitation this quick.

Overall, my experience at Mississauga was great. Friendly staff and when I told them I wont be able to attend they told my to just call the CIC helpline and block that time as out of the country.

mvik

Sep 11, 2009
BobyM said:
Congratulation mvik! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has your online status been updated to show the oath date yet? Before or after receiving the letter in mail?

Cheers..
Yes, I checked this morning and ecas shows my oath date. It must have got updated today as I checked yesterday and it didnt have my oath invite line.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
My guess is that it is completely random.. ::)
I received oath letter the same day I passed my exam and maybe half of the audience received it that day.The rest, well, they have been told that everything looks good and they should receive the letter within 4 weeks by Post Office.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, yes, it seems just random..some days they give out oath letters and some days give out none. I'd say there should be some logic behind this chaos..The time of interview or the look and nationality of applicants might play a role..who knows!

novembre2013 said:
My guess is that it is completely random.. ::)
I received oath letter the same day I passed my exam and maybe half of the audience received it that day.The rest, well, they have been told that everything looks good and they should receive the letter within 4 weeks by Post Office.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guess what! It turns out they do really print the letters in the afternoons. So I took the test and interview in the morning of Oct 16, they sent me the Oath letter on Oct 17, and I received it just now, today!!

Sophie_Anne said:
Yes, they are too busy early morning with their coffees :)
It takes time to print the letters :)