+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Finally I become Canadian Citizen on 05 Jan 2016. I am feeling proud and confidence on my great achievement.

I wish every one who are waiting for their Oath Ceremony and Happy New Year to every on this forum.

Thanks

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sasansajedi said:
Hi Folks
Is there any new update on Oath invite for Feb 2016 a Montreal ? any news?
Thanks
I have my Oath ceremony today, however I've seen few members of this forum having their Oath in Montreal in Feb... So yes, there are some.

Elfina

Nov 19, 2014
Hello,

I received a letter to see CJ for hearing. Date was set Feb 8. MTL office.
On Feb 7 (sunday) around 7pm, I received a call from CIC (coming from a personal number) that all events were cancelled due to an emergency.
It appeared strange to me, so I went to the office for my appt anyway just to find that all events were indeed cancelled.
So CIC will reschedule again.
Too bad, bad luck!
Will keep you posted,
Best,
Elf.

Nana76

Feb 19, 2016
I passed my citizenship exam on March 12th 2015 and still waiting for oath date.. I called several times Montreal office and they told me that a judge needs to meet with me .. Any idea what this thing means? Any recommendation on what to do to speed up the process

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Nana76 said:
I passed my citizenship exam on March 12th 2015 and still waiting for oath date.. I called several times Montreal office and they told me that a judge needs to meet with me .. Any idea what this thing means? Any recommendation on what to do to speed up the process

Have you requested ATIP report. Assigning to Citizenship Judge means you application has some eligibility concerns, either you did not have minimum required number of days or excessive overseas trips including cross border to USA.

If your case is "Non Routine", it would take minimum 36 months plus few months to assign to Citizenship Judge. As per ATIP report, if you are indeed has less than 1095 days when applied, your chances are slim to get approved. Historically, most of the cases, assigned to Citizenship Judges has very very less chances of approval. Sadly, its deliberate and painful process to waste time and reject candidates

Only if you are eligible under the new rules and got over 1460 days in last 6 year, you might consider "Withdrawing" and re-apply to get it much faster. As you know new application is taking about 8 months. Its entirely your choice based on what suits you best.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question if someone can please help with.

During the interview (after passing the test), if the officer did not mention sending you CIT 0520 or CIT 171 (RQ), does this mean that you will not receive one?
Is it going to be a straightforward case? especially if he said that you are going to have your Oath invitation letter within 2-4 months?

Thanks,

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to share my timeline. Haven't heard anything from Montreal Office for the past 4 months after Decision Made. Waiting for Oath Invitation letter after passing test and interview in May.

At the time of Interview we were told to wait for 2-4 months and hopefully in July or August. So waiting.... My application is routine without any RQ or fingerprints.

Called call centre twice but was asked to wait until 6 months. Seems Montreal office is slow in allotting the oath ceremonies. Anyone in the same boat like me. Any Options like ATIP will help to know what's going on with the delay ?

Montreal Office
13 March 16 - AOR
24 March 16 - In Process
09 May 16 - Passed Test
13 May 16 - Decision Made
? ? - Waiting for Oath

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally today I have received the oath invitation by post after four and half months after Decision Made :). I think,there is delay in allotting oath ceremonies for rural areas like us.

Minor Update: Ecas Updated today for Notice of oath after 2 days of receiving the oath invitation by post.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Got my DM on Saturday, finally!

Can folks please advise with their latest DM to oath in Montreal?

Thanks.
Congratulations on DM!. In my Guess, you might receive Oath invitation in a month or so since your application was delayed by long time and montreal office usually sends invite early for delayed applicants compared to normal applications in 2-4 months by holding a big ceremony 600 members in any nearby Hotel to clear any backlog applications waiting for oath. But I might be completely wrong, i dont want to raise hopes. As in my case i had to wait 4.5 months after DM. Its all random,erratic and chaos.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
march2016 said:
Congratulations on DM!. In my Guess, you might receive Oath invitation in a month or so since your application was delayed by long time and montreal office usually sends invite early for delayed applicants compared to normal applications in 2-4 months by holding a big ceremony 600 members in any nearby Hotel to clear any backlog applications waiting for oath. But I might be completely wrong, i dont want to raise hopes. As in my case i had to wait 4.5 months after DM. Its all random,erratic and chaos.
Alas... Still waiting...