+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
addu123 said:
I am extremly depressed. I applied for citizenship in March 2012 I must be the oldest applicant on this forum. I had to travel in 2011 for work for a Canadian company even though I provided them the company letter and tax return still my case is in limbo. I have never left canada except for 2011. Very disappointed and depressed CIC is targeting wrong people. I have given them all the documents to support my case even under the new Citizenship laws I qualify I donno what the hold up is????

Applied - March, 2012
In process - Dec, 2012
RQ returned - March, 2013
Additional Doc sent - April 2014 CBSA travel history, Tax returns, Job letters, passport copies
Exam passed - Jan 27, 2015 in Montreal
Hearing - unknown
Oath - Unknown
You might really want to contact your local MP office see if they can help you.
You can find the MP for your area here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
Hey guys, Montreal just updated the ceremonies page:
7 July was removed
1 on 1 July was added
1 on 14 July was added
Wow, thanks for this info! Can you give the link of where I can find it? My test is on the 14th, does this mean there is a chance I will have the oath ceremony on the same date?

Thank you!

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same day tests+oath are usually at CIC offices
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
Same day tests+oath are usually at CIC offices
The test is at the CIC office on Saint-Jacques street but citizenship ceremony later that day is in the Marriott Hotel.... I guess this means it wont happen the same day.

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sahsan, you should have an invitation for the ceremony with that for the test.

If this is not the case, it will not be the same day.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonenza said:
Sahsan, you should have an invitation for the ceremony with that for the test.

If this is not the case, it will not be the same day.
Thanks again Bonenza, you're very helpful!

My ecas has been updated! I checked it over the weekend and there's a new line at the bottom. This is what it said earlier:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 9, 2015.
We sent you a notice on June 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

There is a new line at the bottom that was added recently:

We sent you a letter on June 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I still havent received any other letter from CIC after the first one about the test. I will call them tomorrow to inquire... has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas what this could be about?

stepanv1

Jul 1, 2015
m-hua-xia said:
I checked my eCAS today, it says Decision Made, but i did not receive oath letter so far.
maybe it's sitting in my mailbox, will check it out and keep you guys posted.

Melissa
Same here, will keep you posted

addu123

Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Hello

Thanks for the info, but I am already in touch with my MP since last yr. There is a letter sent to me on June 29 most likely hearing letter. Hopefully they can make a decision on my case soon. I am tired of the CIC process.

jrjayl said:
You might really want to contact your local MP office see if they can help you.
You can find the MP for your area here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

addu123

Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Hello all,

I finally got my hearing date coming up in few days. Does anyone have any suggestions what to prepare for the hearing?

addu123 said:
Hello

Thanks for the info, but I am already in touch with my MP since last yr. There is a letter sent to me on June 29 most likely hearing letter. Hopefully they can make a decision on my case soon. I am tired of the CIC process.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2014.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2015.

3. We started processing your application on January 19, 2015.

4. We sent you a notice on March 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 15, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

6. We sent you a letter on June 30, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC to ask about the letter they sent me a week ago (not received yet): My Oath ceremony is for July 15th :D

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
stepanv1 said:
Same here, will keep you posted
Hello,

Did you hear about your oath day yet?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
m-hua-xia said:
I checked my eCAS today, it says Decision Made, but i did not receive oath letter so far.
maybe it's sitting in my mailbox, will check it out and keep you guys posted.

Melissa
Hi Melissa,

What happened after you got the "Decision made"?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
I have been waiting 6 weeks since I took my test. Today my E-Case showed "Decision made" with no additional details.

m-hua-xia

Jun 3, 2015
SoClose said:
Hi Melissa,

What happened after you got the "Decision made"?
yesterday the status was still DM, but they added a line says"we sent you a letter on July 6. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us".
so I believe I will got the letter soon maybe today or this week.
by the way, I am from Montreal

Melissa