+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Elfina

Nov 19, 2014
Hey guys,

Let me add my story for MTL office,
I went to US for my MBA so I have few weeks short. My spouse and baby have been residing in Canada since 2010.
During my 2 year-MBA I returned every 3 weeks to Canada to visit my family.

So: Pre-test RQ and test taken/passed 8 months ago Sept-2014.

See below:

Applied (family):.....Oct - 2013
In process:.............Feb - 2014
RQ returned:..........June - 2014
Test passed:..........Sept - 2014 @ MTL
Oath:....................Only God knows

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
congrats rivermax!
My oath letter states that the ceremony should last around 3 hours tho. You might want to check with your school see if you are allowed to be late for a little.
Thank you so much for letting me know, jrjayl! I'll definitely call and ask whether I could arrive a bit late - hopefully they'll say yes!

twinnings

Nov 24, 2014
If anyone wants to hear a funny story here's this:

I've been waiting since July 2014 (test) for my oath letter (I've been in process since December 2012). In December 2014 I moved apartments across the street, so I updated my address with CIC.

Last month my old landlord told me he had some of my old mail, so I went to go pick it up. One of the letters was my Oath, scheduled for April 1. I was now reading the letter on April 27, so I missed the oath by nearly a month.

Turns out that even though my address was updated on ECAS, the Montreal office failed to notice this and sent my oath to the wrong address. Also, ECAS was never updated to tell me about the oath.

I called CIC and they said yes, it was their mistake, so they will reschedule me. They estimated that it would now only take a few weeks to a full year to reschedule me.

True story.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twinnings said:
If anyone wants to hear a funny story here's this:

I've been waiting since July 2014 (test) for my oath letter (I've been in process since December 2012). In December 2014 I moved apartments across the street, so I updated my address with CIC.

Last month my old landlord told me he had some of my old mail, so I went to go pick it up. One of the letters was my Oath, scheduled for April 1. I was now reading the letter on April 27, so I missed the oath by nearly a month.

Turns out that even though my address was updated on ECAS, the Montreal office failed to notice this and sent my oath to the wrong address. Also, ECAS was never updated to tell me about the oath.

I called CIC and they said yes, it was their mistake, so they will reschedule me. They estimated that it would now only take a few weeks to a full year to reschedule me.

True story.
firstly, congratulations, it finally comes to an end soon.
secondly, i highly doubt some cic staffs' work capability.

Ashkan

Jun 8, 2014
Hi there
I wrote my test on March 11 in Montreal, but so far no sign of oath letter, whereas people who wrote their test in April are getting their oath letter.
I wonder if there is any other applicant who has written her/is test in March and has not received oath letter or I am the only one.
Tnx

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashkan said:
Hi there
I wrote my test on March 11 in Montreal, but so far no sign of oath letter, whereas people who wrote their test in April are getting their oath letter.
I wonder if there is any other applicant who has written her/is test in March and has not received oath letter or I am the only one.
Tnx
You're not the only one Ashkan, there is at least me ;D , I wrote mine on march 25 and no news yet.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
You're not the only one Ashkan, there is at least me ;D , I wrote mine on march 25 and no news yet.
I wrote it on March 19th, and no news.

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
Hello all,

my wife just got her test letter...her test is scheduled to be on Juny 10th in Québec city but the file is processed in Montréal. How long can it take before she gets the oath invitation letter? Does the fact that she does the exam in Quebec city might fasten the processing of her file?

Thank you very much!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratuion and good that CIC have admit their mistake try to get oath letter asap
from CIC and finish your issue. It is polite advise to all whoever change the address
on line than have to contact and make sure that their address change in proper record
as well keep in touch with their old address when you expect matter related to CIC.

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote it on March 17th, and no news.

Ashkan said:
Hi there
Tnx

Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Dear Friends,

very good news for me :D
I just checked my online status and my oath ceremony will be on June 3.
The letter was sent on May 15, so I should get it very soon.

You can check my signature for full details.

Good luck for everyone!!

Cheers!!

Slvrbird

Jul 18, 2014
I'm extremely happy! My long 40 months journey has finally come to an end. I received my oath ceremony invitation letter today for oath ceremony on June 16th, 2015 though online status hasn't been updated yet.

For those who went for ceremony in Montreal, are we allow to bring diaper bag, camera?

Applied - Feb 27, 2012
In process - Feb 26, 2013
RQ returned - July, 2013
Exam passed - July 23rd, 2014 in Montreal
Oath - June 16th, 2015

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! That's been a long wait.

Yes, you can bring a diaper bag and camera. There are restrooms near the waiting area.

Once you're in the oath room, you shouldn't leave until the ceremony is over, or they may not let you return.

You are allowed to take a picture when you receive your certificate.

After the ceremony, the judge will be available for a short time for more pictures.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Does anyone has any more up to date information? I need to go away for a few weeks and want to have an idea of when my oath date will be so I can plan around that.

Application received by CIC: October 17, 2014
Processing started: February 17, 2015
File was sent to Montreal Office: February 20, 2015
Letter for Test Dated: May 5, 2015
Test Date: May 22, 2015

Also I tried to create a signature to have this info in there but I do not see an edit button for profile. If you know how to do that, let me know.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoClose said:
Does anyone has any more up to date information? I need to go away for a few weeks and want to have an idea of when my oath date will be so I can plan around that.

Application received by CIC: October 17, 2014
Processing started: February 17, 2015
File was sent to Montreal Office: February 20, 2015
Letter for Test Dated: May 5, 2015
Test Date: May 22, 2015

Also I tried to create a signature to have this info in there but I do not see an edit button for profile. If you know how to do that, let me know.
The word now that it's "within 4 months".. Someone here in this forum did they test on March19th (like myself), and his oath is june 10th, another test on April 9th and oath on May 26h.. I have no news so far on my oath..

For the signature go to profile->Forum Profile Information (on the left column).