+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Quebectau

Jun 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!

I am ver happy!

I saw online today, my Oath it is schedule for the next May 13 in Montreal! :)

Really very happy!

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's great news - congratulations! And it didn't take that long in your case, very happy for you!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Montreal people, any updates?
Just called them and spoke to a nice agent(in french), and he said currently wait time is 2-4 months in Montreal. And said to call again by end of may if I didn't get anything.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Just called them and spoke to a nice agent(in french), and he said currently wait time is 2-4 months in Montreal. And said to call again by end of may if I didn't get anything.
Let`s hope and wait till june !

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my oath letter in mail! :)

It is scheduled on 26 of may. Finally my journey has come to an end. It is around 10 months since I applied.

I wish everyone best of luck!

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:

It is scheduled on 26 of may. Finally my journey has come to an end. It is around 10 months since I applied.

Congrats !!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
Congrats - so happy for you! :)

Do you see an update on Ecas as well?
Thanks riveermax91!

My Ecas is not updated. Weird enough - transfer and test were updated fast, but this time there is nothing on Ecas.
I think it is still not reliable. The letter gives 30 days to call CIC to re-arrange oath date. So if the letter got lost on the way and nothing shows on Ecas, that is horrible situation.
If someone misses the oath, s/he need to have adequate "reasonable" facts to persuade CIC to re-arrange dates. I think calling them once per month to check if any update is safer.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:

congrats buddy! Hope to follow you soon..

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today and was informed by the agent that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for June 2nd, 2015 at 12:30 PM.

I am beyond happy today! I am also graduating from university on the same day - my convocation is at 2 PM. Hopefully I'll be able to make it there on time! :D

I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for providing me with a lot of useful information and for making this long journey a more tolerable one!

To those still waiting, hang in there, your test or oath invitations will be in your mailboxes in no time! :)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
Called CIC today and was informed by the agent that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for June 2nd, 2015 at 12:30 PM.

I am beyond happy today! I am also graduating from university on the same day - my convocation is at 2 PM. Hopefully I'll be able to make it there on time! :D

I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for providing me with a lot of useful information and for making this long journey a more tolerable one!

To those still waiting, hang in there, your test or oath invitations will be in your mailboxes in no time! :)
congrats rivermax!
My oath letter states that the ceremony should last around 3 hours tho. You might want to check with your school see if you are allowed to be late for a little.