+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I found out today that my file has been transferred from St.Clair to Montreal for RQ review. Can anyone please tell me if this has happened to you before? My local office is Scarborough. I thought all RQs are processed in St.Clair. They had my file in St.Clair for 6 months and now transferred it to Montreal.

Can anyone of you let me know what is the expected processing time for RQ review in Montreal?

Thank you for your response.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Hi,

I found out today that my file has been transferred from St.Clair to Montreal for RQ review. Can anyone please tell me if this has happened to you before? My local office is Scarborough. I thought all RQs are processed in St.Clair. They had my file in St.Clair for 6 months and now transferred it to Montreal.

Can anyone of you let me know what is the expected processing time for RQ review in Montreal?

My take on it is that they are trying to balance the load , which mean if resources become available at Montreal they will allocate those to process RQs from St. Clair. But this is just a guess...

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
chikloo said:
Hi,

hi,
how did you know your file has been transferred? did it show in cic website? or you call CIC call center for this info?

thanks!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nsnniu said:

hi,
how did you know your file has been transferred? did it show in cic website? or you call CIC call center for this info?

thanks!
I called CIC and the rep mentioned that my file has been transferred last week to Montreal. I asked him for the reason and he did not have one. He kept on repeating that I'm in non routine process and have to be patient till 36 month deadline for them to do take some action.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hello All - I saw a spreadsheet on the Forum which is really useful.

How can I add my info and timelines to the spreadsheet.

My timelines below!

Here is my timeline:
Applied: 06 Dec 2014
Received: 08 Dec 2015
AOR Received: 18 Feb 2015
ECAS Updated: 25 Mar 2015
ECAS In Process Status: 31 Mar 2015
RQ Received: 10 April 2015 ( sent from Mississauga)

All RQ's applicants can we please share our experiences and timelines

RQ Received in sep 2013 ,Replied in Sep With aloooooooooot of docs to support my file
Test in March 2014 (Passed the test)

tumokbaris

Apr 15, 2015
Another Montreal applicant here...

Applied: 03 Feb 2015
Received: 05 Feb 2015
AOR: 09 March 2015

Today is 15th of April and it still says "Received" on online application status. I don't know why it takes this long to start processing and actually I'm a bit worried :/

marren

Oct 15, 2014
My Journey finished today and i became a Canadian :)

received : April 28, 2014
processing : June 24, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Ashkan

Jun 8, 2014
marren said:
My Journey finished today and i became a Canadian :)

received : April 28, 2014
processing : June 24, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 15, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Hi
when did you write your test?
I'd like just to know time between your test and oath
tnx alot

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tumokbaris said:
Another Montreal applicant here...

Applied: 03 Feb 2015
Received: 05 Feb 2015
AOR: 09 March 2015

Today is 15th of April and it still says "Received" on online application status. I don't know why it takes this long to start processing and actually I'm a bit worried :/
firstly, buddy, you are in the wrong thread.

secondly, you submitted 2 months ago only, I don't think this is a "this long" situation yet. Patience.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ashkan said:
Hi
when did you write your test?
I'd like just to know time between your test and oath
tnx alot
the test for marren was on Jan 7th. Took around 2 months.
But seems not many people from the forum got oath letters lately.

Quebectau

Jun 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I did my test on March 19, (Montreal Office)

So just hoping to have some news maybe in May! :)

All the best for all of us!

backinorang

May 25, 2014
Hello everyone, i had my test today, followed by the Oath ceremony in Montreal. It has been a while, but it has all been very worth it, the best of luck to everyone... It feels good to say that I am Canadian.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
backinorang said:
Hello everyone, i had my test today, followed by the Oath ceremony in Montreal. It has been a while, but it has all been very worth it, the best of luck to everyone... It feels good to say that I am Canadian.
Congrats !!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
backinorang said:
Hi your timeline please.

backinorang

May 25, 2014
backinorang said:
my timeline as shown by ECAS:

- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 31, 2014.

- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 31, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

- We started processing your application on September 23, 2014.

- We sent you a notice on March 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 21, 2015 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.