+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silver77 said:
My case took about 4 month June 5th(test) 2014 to November 10th(oath) ...
Nice.. Congrats man.. Are you a single applicant ?

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
Congratulations

great news from Montreal office...

I live in Quebec City and though I received the letter from Montreal's office, my test is scheduled on Nov 18 in Quebec City. I didn't receive any thing indicating that the oath could take place on the same day.

Does anyone have any experience from Quebec City? Should I contact the CIC and request for a change of test location to Montreal?

I appreciate any thoughts or feedback :)

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radrun said:
Congratulations

great news from Montreal office...

I live in Quebec City and though I received the letter from Montreal's office, my test is scheduled on Nov 18 in Quebec City. I didn't receive any thing indicating that the oath could take place on the same day.

Does anyone have any experience from Quebec City? Should I contact the CIC and request for a change of test location to Montreal?

I appreciate any thoughts or feedback :)
You might still be handed out the oath letter right after the interview.. It just might be that there's simply no ceremony on your test date in quebec. Stay positive. And keep us posted

radrun

Jun 13, 2014
yr97 said:
You might still be handed out the oath letter right after the interview.. It just might be that there's simply no ceremony on your test date in quebec. Stay positive. And keep us posted
Thank you for your message. You are right, I guess I should go and see what happens. Here is my timeline:

app received by CIC on Jan 22, 2014
transfer to local office on July 18, 2014
test date scheduled for Nov 18, 2014.

Living in Quebec City

How about you? What is your timeline?

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
radrun said:
Thank you for your message. You are right, I guess I should go and see what happens. Here is my timeline:

app received by CIC on Jan 22, 2014
transfer to local office on July 18, 2014
test date scheduled for Nov 18, 2014.

Living in Quebec City

How about you? What is your timeline?
It's in my signature :)

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
My process is complete now.

14 Jan 2014 Application Received
15 Mar 2014 AOR
7 Nov 2014 - Test date
7 Nov,2014 - Oath

Jul 31, 2014
I'm now a proud Canadian citizen. I hope you all will be soon . Best wishes.

Below is my timeline. I applied short in 41 days and I was RQed.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 28, 2012.

We sent you a notice on July 8, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on November 6, 2014.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
canadalover1985 said:
I'm now a proud Canadian citizen. I hope you all will be soon . Best wishes.

Below is my timeline. I applied short in 41 days and I was RQed.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before co

We started processing your application on December 28, 2012.

We sent you a notice on July 8, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on October 17, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on November 6, 2014.
Congratulation, :)
Me too I passed the citizenship test in 23 rd July 2014 in Ottawa office I'm still waiting for oath letter , nothing news until that time , I hope I'll get it soon .
Good luck everyone.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi,
I checked my ecas today and I received the oath invitation for November 25.
Finally, It is done.
i begun my process 27 january 2014 and it is 10 months of process for a family application(me and my son).
Thanks guys for the information sharing.

Bison

Oct 28, 2014
Well, finally my journey is over :D

My timeline:

Single Application.
Received application: December 17, 2012.
Started processing: February 22, 2013.
RQ requested: End February 2014.
RQ sent: Mid April 2014.
Test: July 23, 2014.
Oath (cancelled): October 23, 2014.
Oath (rescheduled): November 14, 2014.

I'm finally Canadian ;D next step is applying for passport

twinnings

Nov 24, 2014
Congrats Bison. Nice (sort of?) to see someone else who's had a similar long timeline to mine:

Single Application.
Received application: March 25, 2013.
Started processing: May 29, 2013.
RQ requested: October 2013.
RQ sent: End October 2013.

I should add that I initially sent my application in October 2012, and then again December 2012. The sent it back to me twice saying I missed documents. Both times they sent me back my application with the documents they said were missing. One (my transcript for proof of English in a sealed envelope from my university) was even opened by them and sent back saying it was missing. Ineptitude at its finest.

Waiting on oath. Called the service and they said not to bother calling back until 2016 after my 3 year processing wait has been up. Test was passed and everything. I suppose there's nothing to be done but wait?

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
twinnings said:
Congrats Bison. Nice (sort of?) to see someone else who's had a similar long timeline to mine:

Single Application.
Received application: March 25, 2013.
Started processing: May 29, 2013.
RQ requested: October 2013.
RQ sent: End October 2013.

I should add that I initially sent my application in October 2012, and then again December 2012. The sent it back to me twice saying I missed documents. Both times they sent me back my application with the documents they said were missing. One (my transcript for proof of English in a sealed envelope from my university) was even opened by them and sent back saying it was missing. Ineptitude at its finest.

Waiting on oath. Called the service and they said not to bother calling back until 2016 after my 3 year processing wait has been up. Test was passed and everything. I suppose there's nothing to be done but wait?
I thought just Ottawa office has a slow process , I see Montreal office has the same ,me too I took the test on July 23 , 2014 in Ottawa I'm still waiting for oath letter until know. I called cic one month ago and i asked them about my file they said is approved and I have to call them when I reach 6 months after test date , so as you said we can't do anything just wait wait ??? ???

ebabak

Oct 9, 2014
anyone did the test on October 2014? Any updates regarding the oath? If yes please share the dates. I did my test on Oct 28th, 2014 and so far no news. I called CIC, they said they grant you the citizenship 2 days after the test and you should wait to call you for the oath.

I applied on January 17th, 2014
process started on March 9,2014
exam on october 28th,2014
Oath ????? not yet :( :mad: