+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
All,

Good news to share, I got the test invite yesterday and it is planned for 10th Nov,2014.One of the thing I noticed in the letter is that it is mentioned if interview and test are successful, Oath will be immediately afterwards. My test letter says total duration would be 4 hours. Does it mean Oath could be on same day?

hasanipooyan

Sep 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jell9050 said:
All,

Good news to share, I got the test invite yesterday and it is planned for 10th Nov,2014.One of the thing I noticed in the letter is that it is mentioned if interview and test are successful, Oath will be immediately afterwards. My test letter says total duration would be 4 hours. Does it mean Oath could be on same day?
I am from Montreal and I got the test invitation for 4th Nov. I have the same letter that mentions "if interview and test are successful, Oath will be immediately afterwards"
Also there is CIT 0024 form that I think is supposed to be inside oath invitation envelope . I am not sure.
But there is no oath ceremony in Montreal on 4th November

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasanipooyan said:
I am from Montreal and I got the test invitation for 4th Nov. I have the same letter that mentions "if interview and test are successful, Oath will be immediately afterwards"
Also there is CIT 0024 form that I think is supposed to be inside oath invitation envelope . I am not sure.
Congrats! Good new for all montrealers..
Yes, there is an oath ceremony in Montreal on the 4th

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasanipooyan said:
Same here, I got the invite for test for Nov 5 :) and there are 4 ceremonies that day

Please keep us posted on Tomorrow's event and good luck!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
Same here, I got the invite for test for Nov 5 :) and there are 4 ceremonies that day

Please keep us posted on Tomorrow's event and good luck!
What's the exact text of the test/oath invitation ?

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
What's the exact text of the test/oath invitation ?
No Oath invitation, there is a separate letter that states if one passes the test and interview, he/she will be scheduled to attend the ceremony 2 hours afterwards, thus it seems mandatory now :p

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
No Oath invitation, there is a separate letter that states if one passes the test and interview, he/she will be scheduled to attend the ceremony 2 hours afterwards, thus it seems mandatory now :p
Nice.. So that means that Montreal office is trying to eliminate the wait between test date and oath date.. Does that have anything to do with the new law/process ? Is it happening in other offices to or is it montreal/specific

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Nice.. So that means that Montreal office is trying to eliminate the wait between test date and oath date.. Does that have anything to do with the new law/process ? Is it happening in other offices to or is it montreal/specific
New law, as the officer takes the decision

hasanipooyan

Sep 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Canadian citizen now :) :) :)

I passed my test (with interview) today (4th Nov) and took the oath immediately afterwards. (the same for others )
It seems according to the new law , test and oath are scheduled on the same day.

Michels, You will be a Canadian citizen tomorrow. ;)

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasanipooyan said:
I am a Canadian citizen now :) :) :)

I passed my test (with interview) today (4th Nov) and took the oath immediately afterwards. (the same for others )
It seems according to the new law , test and oath are scheduled on the same day.

Michels, You will be a Canadian citizen tomorrow. ;)
Congratulations hasanipooyan , great news! ;D

How was the interview? for you and all? was it fast? slow? detailed?...

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
Congrats hasanipooyan, could you please share your experience of test and interview as mine one is on friday. Was the test easy or a difficult one?What did they ask you in interview?How much time the whole activity took?thx

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just passed the test 20/20 ;D, easy if you read the booklet.. No tricky questions.
and passed the interview , strict and very professional approach..
Oath in an hour.. Family at school/work :(